Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious! My best friends are an INTJ, an ESFP, an ESTP, two INFPs, an ISFP, an ISTP and an INTP, though I think she's actually a ne dom...

I get along with the INFPs, INTJ and ESFP the best, both for different reasons. I really need an INFJ in my life. :frustrating:

·
Registered
73 Posts
INTP, ENFP, ENFP, ISFP*, INFJ, ESFJ, ENFJ, INFJ*....

Hmm lots of feelers. I'm barely an ENFP though so maybe I balance them out?**

*these are my educated guesses
**honestly my Fi and Ti compete all the time so I can't really tell.

·
Registered
ENFP-A
2,227 Posts
Best friend: ENFJ (male)
Secondary best friends: ISTJ (male), ISFJ (male), ESFJ (female).

All of them have been 'officially' Myers-Briggs tested but the ISTJ is pretty creative for an ISTJ (though is typical in other ways of the type) and the ISFJ seems more like an INFJ a lot of the time, so he might be slim on the S dominance.

The weirdest dynamic is with my ENFJ best friend. He's an ENFJ that severly lacks confidence and has issues being assertive or making decisions whereas I'm a confidant ENFP that has learned the value of being assertive and being decisive at times. What I like about my ENFJ best bro is that he is caring but also wants to inform, even teach, me cool stuff and introduce me to new experiences. I'm a small town boy born and raised on a hobby farm, he's a city boy in Vancouver, which is a city with a unique and vibrant culture. He's shown me a lot of fun stuff, while when I bring him out my way he finds peace in the rural suburbs.

·
Registered
441 Posts
INFJ, two INTJs, something like five or six ENFPs (I have no idea, I lost count), maybe two INFPs, ISFP, ENTJ, ENTP, perhaps two INTPs, and... Yeah.

The INFJ is my best friend, but I also get along amazingly with the INTJs and the ENFPs and the INFPs too and basically everyone!
Wow I really love my friends :th_love:

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
My best friends are ENTPs, followed by ENFPs. Then INTPs and INFPs.
-Ob.

Reactions: FreeKekistan

·
Registered
73 Posts
@Moby I know 3 confirmed male ENFJs and they all seem painfully insecure/ domineering. Then again, I'm in college, so they may not have realized their potential yet.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
INFP, ISTJ, INFJ, ESFP (my favorite of the bunch, so lively)

·
Registered
463 Posts
ISTP, and we get along like a house on fire. Love him. :happy:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I get along with my INFP and INFJ friends the best I think :) My oldest friend is an ISTP. I thought for a long time she's an ISTJ though. With the ISTP we get along well, but I think a lot of it has to do with us having known each other for so long! She's exactly like Robin from How I met you mother, lol :kitteh: We are really different but I like her being so down to earth and practical. Whenever I overthink, analyze too much, she's the one telling me to stop. The big issue with us was for a long time that we wouldn't speak honestly and were too "polite" with each other. I've been trying to show her she can say things really straight and I won't mind because I know she has my best interested. And now that she's more open with me it's been great!

With her I sometimes feel I come off as too clingy when I'm so emotional and she's a bit on the "what the heeell"-side. But whenever I actually show her I love her by remembering her bday, making silly cards by myself, she seems to really appreciate it :)

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
My best friend is ENFP and we can surprisingly get along very well.

·
Registered
826 Posts
My best friend is (I think) an ENTJ, and we get along pretty fabulously. I don't think I can really go into detail because I honestly don't know what to say, 89% of the time we're best bros who go together like Mario and Luigi, and the other 11% we fall apart like a house of cards. Certainly not a boring relationship!

The other person in mind is a close person to me, my female INXJ friend. We've gone through about 3 or 4 events where we broke off and came back together, but we've never actually dated. I'm in my high school days, so I'll bust a move. Count on it dood.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Well, for my brother (the ENFP)....
xNTP(me, the loving sister), an ENFJ(who the loving sister,I, have typed), and use to be ESTP(brother who moved out and uses Se too much)

·
Registered
30 Posts
ENTP: Most intensely engaging, but also inconsistent friendship. She inspires me to really pursue my ideas/ look further.
INTJ: Such a freeing friendship. Her presence instantly comforts me and we enjoy making stupid puns and laughing at one another.
ISTP: He always grounds me, occasionally reassures me, but most often, he laughs at me. Yet, I can't deny the weird chemistry.
ISFP: Refers to herself as 'emotionally constipated', but I wouldn't trade her. We share hobbies and tea.
INTP: I admire her quiet bravery and resolve. We run into communication issues, but I enjoy our adventures together.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
My closest friend is an INFP woman. We get along brilliantly. We balance one another out. When she goes on the warpath, I can calm her down better than anyone else. She grounds me and keeps me sane. Together, we've seen out pretty much everything. When I say I can't imagine my life without her, I mean it.

Other than that. My other best friends are:
ENFP - woman.
INFJ - woman.
ENFJ - woman
ENFJ - man
ENTJ - man
ENTJ - man.

Wow. Having never written that down before, that's a lot of NFs...

Reactions: Vitamin

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm 27 and have oddly had the same group of friends since highschool (weez get down)

They go something like this (in order of closeness)
INFJ(female)
INTJ(male)
INFJ(male)
ISTJ(male)
ESFJ(female)
ISFP(female)
INFJ(male)
INFJ(male)

I think TX might be oversaturated with INFJ's lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
My three closest friends that I know the types of are my closest girlfriend (INFP? She's not 100% sure if it fits but its the closest we've had with her), my closest guy friend is an INTJ and my other close girlfriend is an INTP(F) (Really borderline) I have another super close girlfriend but I have no idea what her type is (Boo!)

INFP: We get along so well! We really understand and love each other very much and have been close for about 7 years now haha! She gets that I'm eccentric and crazy and is very similar to me! We love to spend time with each other when we're in the same area and we're always chatting about Mermaids and fantasy!

INTJ: We plot about taking over the world nearly every time we talk (Haha) We don't talk as often as we used too, and I don't really see him at all now (We live in different parts of the country and before that I'd maybe see him twice a year at camps) but we get along really well! We have this really good banter and that INTJ-ENFP chemistry! And I love to third wheel him and his girlfriend (Also an ENFP) He understands me and opened up to me about things straight away when we first properly met (after our really awkward encounter the year before) which really helped solidify our friendship! I love him very much!

INTP: I love this girl so much! (And she might see this haha asks!) When we first me she wasn't super keen on me. I'm loud and in your face and she's quite reserved (At least at first) Now we get along really well, we have great banter and we just really enjoy each others company! Its taken a while for us to really get along as well as we do know just because its been more of a learning experience (Especially for me) to really understand that she needs time alone to recharge and that we're just very different people but I wouldn't change anything about her! And now we both have a really big group of friends and I see her alot! I still annoy her to no end but I know she loves me no matter what!

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
ENTP, ENTJ, ENTP, INTJ. I collect ENTPs like..uhh...<insert punny line about something that collects a bunch of ENTPS>. Entps and I are just drawn to each other as friends! But when I have dated ENTPS it hasn't worked out (also I am very rarely attracted to them romantically unless they have strong Fe...i think because they lack Ni. For me, Ni is like CATNIP).

ENTPs are always attracted to me, though! I'd really like to try dating one, I just haven't had any luck in finding one that I find attractive in *that way*. Which makes me think it is a type problem, because like I said, I collect ENTPs like..beanie babies. Or lint on a black jacket. Something.

for dating, it seems INFJ is the magic type. or really anything strongly Ni. except for entj tho.

also i mean, the key thing for my CLOSE friends and relationships, is that they have to be able to deal with the fact that I am a highly passionate, energetic, emotional, intense person. if they can't then it aint going to work unfortunately.

for just random friends whatever who cares cuz I will adapt to their level.

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
I think that Dom Ni and Dom Ne are the perfect combination.

It's like a magical machine. Ne provides this ridiculous amount of raw material into the Ni machine, which then spouts out something really hilarious/awesome/insightful. :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts