Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there munchkins

So I was reading this article that said something like "ENFJs are not likely to have close friendships with Thinker types" and was like pffffft! Nonsense!

One of my best friends is INTJ, another is definitely a thinker as well, actually come to think of it, they're all much more logical/pragmatic than they are in touch with their feelings

How about you? What personality types are your closest friends?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Did it really say that? I'd say it's hard to judge something like that based on just personality types, cause friendship can be based off so much more than how you connect with someone personality-wise. Common interests, activities, etc... really make the friendship.

But for me personally, I definitely get along with Thinkers well. My best friend is an ENTP, and we have the best discussions ever. lol, I think it might also have to do w/ the fact that I'm borderline T type myself.. I'm probably like 55-60% F vs T (according to these tests).

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah it did but you're right, it doesn't make much sense

Also I'm 53% Feeling - 47% Thinking so perhaps that has something to do with it

·
Registered
89 Posts
actually, that must have been a very strange article, because i don't think there's any reason for enfjs to not be friends with thinker types - even if we don't take into account the aforementioned argument of friendship being dependent in much more than just personality type, after all, in both theories that deal with the concepts of cognitive finctions, mbti and socionics, the best relationship is supposed to be with the dual - which is in both cases a thinking type. and i think this also proves to be true in real life, since my best friends are also an intj, entp, intp and infp - you can see a real thinker-type dominance in the field, heheh. but, then again, i know that my thinking function is extremely developed, so this might be another anomaly, but, truth be told, i don't think so. we love thinker types, 'cause it's a different perspective, and we can bring out the feeler side in them, and it's so much fun. :)

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
we love thinker types, 'cause it's a different perspective, and we can bring out the feeler side in them, and it's so much fun. :)
True indeed, they tend to give very practical advice

It's fun when they curl up in your lap and fall asleep

·
MOTM Feb 2011
8,074 Posts
Hello there munchkins

So I was reading this article that said something like "ENFJs are not likely to have close friendships with Thinker types" and was like pffffft! Nonsense!

One of my best friends is INTJ, another is definitely a thinker as well, actually come to think of it, they're all much more logical/pragmatic than they are in touch with their feelings

How about you? What personality types are your closest friends?
Well, I have a very good friend who is an ISTJ, I know of 3 other thinker types that I am also friends with. I think we are perhaps more likely to gel with thinker types that some other feelers.

Reactions: Sela

·
Registered
119 Posts
I've typically heard from various ENFJ's that I know or have met that they prefer NF types. They tend to get along well with us INFJs :happy:

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
ESFPs, ESTJs, ISTPs, ESFJs, ISFPs, INFPs, ISTJs, I think any type is a good friend for me. But I greatly respect SJs, they make me understand life much easier than most types.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My good friends are 2 INTJ's, 2 ENFJ's, an INTP, ESFP (these being the ones I got to take the test).

~EBD

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
One of my closest friends is an ENFJ! :D

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have had several issues with people getting too close to me.. so I created this 5 level trust, on which I place friends in their respective categories. I do this because I used to believe and trust someone right away.. So I was constantly hurt and carried away by friends.. I couldn't differentiate between an acquiescence, a casual friend and a true friend.. With this safety mechanism, if I decide that some one is a 2 (being 5 the highest), I know that I can't except much from that person, other than a casual talk and a share a beer. So here it is:
Level 1: ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP, ISTJ,
Level 2: ENTP, INTJ
Level 3: ENFP x2 , ESFP, INFJ,
Level 4: Nobody (an ISTJ used to be here but decided to leave me)
Level 5: ESFP

So I can say that my best friend is an ESFP...A side note, I feel that INTJs are really good listeners, and I tend to trust them pretty quickly, because I know that whatever I share with them is well kept.. But the only downside is that you feel that you can dry them up easily.
Also my level 5 friend who is an ESFP we have develop such a strong connection that there are times that I'm about to text him I get a call from him, or viceversa... It's like we are connected and we see each other around 5 times a year, because he lives 7 hours away from me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
One of my closer friends is actually an ENFJ as well, which causes a lot of drama sometimes XD We laugh soo much with each other, but we can be serious when needed. We understand each other most of the time, yet he does have a different perspective on life than I do. It might be that my F is much stronger than his, or something. Another friend is an ISTJ, but she's kind of a mix of everything, haha. She scored 55-60% on her I, S and T, so she isn't a very 'strong' ISTJ. I love how she sees everything in such a logical way, and she's able to express that in a pretty good way. We prepare most of our presentations together, and you can see we add on to each other a lot. She's capable of writing a very strong, structured piece of work (I'm not as good at that), while I can speak in a very persuading way :p

I think I like almost every type, but I noticed I open up quicker to introverts. They make for such good listeners, and they can really help me with my problems if I ever tell them. Don't get me wrong, I love extroverts as well, but I tend be a lot more quiet when I'm around them, while I can keep on talking to introverts.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I know about /5/ INTJs and they're pretty much my best friends. XD
I'm closest to my ENFP, though. Can't live without her. <3
INTP also clings to me as if I'm her stronghold, I keep her very close to my heart.
Define Love, my band, comes next and we also have: ESTJ, INFJ, ENTP, INFP, ENTJ and ENFP.
Then I have my ENFJ Triforce. xD

Yes, we all get along pretty great! XD

·
Registered
401 Posts
I actually prefer to have more thinker friends, my good friends are all Thinkers..

My first friends dating back when i was young till now was (in respective order): ISTJ, INTJ, INTP, ENTP, and then some ISFJ came in, and then followed by INFP. They're all great people as thinkers, however there are some Feelers that i just detest. I really have something against ESFJ's even though they're nice and we're able to work together. It might be just that* ESFJ, there probably is someone more...different per se. I only feelers that i can connect on an emotional level would be INFP's and ENFJ's, other than that I love* to intellectualize with my Thinker friends.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts