Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if there's any common types that we as INFPs gravitate towards for friends. Not, of course, to imply that any type is "off-limits" as friends.

Most of my friends are male with the exception of one ESFJ female who isn't around much anymore. The males are:
- ENFP (tested as INFP, but he is, without a doubt, Ne-dom)
- ISTJ (with a well-developed Fi-tert)
- INFJ
- ENTP
- INTP (the only one who pretended to be interested in my rants of MBTI/Enneagram. He's a Type 9 sp, btw)

It sounds like a lot of friends, but half of them I don't see on a regular basis :tongue:

What about you, fellow INFPs?

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
ENFJ
ESFP
ENFP - he got tested as a ENFP, I don't know much about ENFP's but he can be really rude and selfish at times
ENTP x2 - One is my best friend and the other I been friends with since the age of 4 (now 18)
INFJ

Rest I don't know :tongue:

·
Registered
615 Posts
My 2 longest lasting friendships all are XSTJs. O___o I'm not sure how we managed to stay with each other for this long! :D I love them, but we've been on the craziest lollercoaster relationship. It's tough during, and hilarious after the fight.
Hmm, my third longest is an ESTJ. O________o
I really like this ISTJ who has a well developed Fe.
Wait, what is it with me and STJs?
Mmm. My "favorite" friends are all either ENFP, INFP, or INTJ. And one of them I'm not quite sure yet. Possibly ISFJ.

·
Registered
236 Posts
My best friend is an INTJ.
^ While there are sometimes certain defects in communication due to our different judging preferences, it's the easiest relationship I've ever had. She has a well-developed Fi. There is no sense of discomfort in being ourselves, and there is a sense of true acceptance and mutual understanding. We've grown together as a better person for two years, now. I say this with certainty, there will never be somebody like her.

Some other friends whom I enjoy company are INTJ x2, ENTP, ENFJ, ESTP and one person I suspect to be an INTP.

NFs and especially NTs tend to draw me in. I click with NTs really well.

·
Registered
520 Posts
My closest friends:
ENTP...ENTP....ENTP... too many ;P
INTP
ENTJ (I think).
ISFJ, maybe. I really can't figure out his type.

Aquantinces:
ISTJ
INTJ x 2
ISFP
ISTP x 2
ISFP or J ( a couple)
A lot of Ns whom I haven't discerned their actual type yet.
ESTP
ESFJ x 3
ENFJ x 3
ENFP

I guess I'm just friendly with anyone I find approachable, so I make a lot of aquantinces I suppose. All these aquantinces are a result of a purposeful attempt to be more extraverted - it worked and helped me a lot :)

4,757 Posts
My best friend is an INTJ.
^ While there are sometimes certain defects in communication due to our different judging preferences, it's the easiest relationship I've ever had. She has a well-developed Fi. There is no sense of discomfort in being ourselves, and there is a sense of true acceptance and mutual understanding. We've grown together as a better person for two years, now. I say this with certainty, there will never be somebody like her.
This is what wrote in an INTJ/INFP thread:

It's funny reading this thread and other INTJ/INFP threads. There seems be a certain disconnect between the two types, especially in romantic relationships. It's always befuddled me because the without a doubt easiest relationship in my life is with lirulin i.e an INTJ. It's just so easy - I'm a wacko and she laughs at me. She's my reference point to reality (we find this endlessly amusing) and I make up stories about triangles in outer space. We just clicked after one conversation - we were locked out my apartment by other friends and we had this ridiculous conversation about philosophy and books. I think I may be less sensitive than other INFPs and so I really don't mind discussing Fi type issues, and she has a tendency to squee over cats and such like me. It's just such a straightforward friendship - there's no drama, no ridiculousness, just awesome. What's great is that I don't have to try to find hidden meanings in her actions - if she has an issue, she will tell you. That makes me so much more comfortable.

In fact, basically all the best relationships in my life are with XXTJs - because I get how they care for you - with action rather than speech. My dad is a XSTJ and he has never said anything mushy to me nor has he really ever hugged me - but I can tell without a doubt that he really, really cares about me. To the point of worrying too much about me :dry:

·
Registered
105 Posts
-best friend: ENFJ. we became friends nearly instantly when we met in 3rd grade, and we are closer than ever now in 11th.
-i have an old friend who i think is INFJ. we were really close until the last year when she moved to another school and we rarely talk now.
i have this friend that i cant really figure out her type. she is E and J for sure, i think S. she is really honest, but still considers others' feelings all the time and acts F-ish a lot too. but she is a take charge kind of person. is that a T quality? im rambling. ill move on now.
-istj. i THINK she's one

ive had lots of other close friends but these are the ones im still close with ,besides my infj friend, but i needed to count her because we were so close for like 6 years.

ive never had a real friend that was a P. very frustrating..... ive always wanted an infp friend. sigh...

·
Registered
391 Posts
Take charge people tend to be Js. Your friend you describe sounds a lot like my ESFJ special one. She has deep feelings, is super extroverted, and loves taking charge.

I have tried hard to find a pattern in my special ones. Is it their types? INFP, ESFJ, ENFJ - they are all Fs, but there are Fs that I do not feel particularly close to. Is it maybe common interests? Not really. Our personalities, lifestyles, hobbies, etc., are all so different, and where I do have something in common, I do with other people also, but feel nothing special about them. Hmmmm. My husband is an ISTJ. I always thought he was E, because he acts like an extrovert. I just found out today that he acts like an extrovert because he thinks he's 'supposed to.' Go figure. We've been married 14 1/2 years, and I JUST found out. He hides it well...

As for just friends, I have acquaintances of every type.

·
Registered
236 Posts
"It's funny reading this thread and other INTJ/INFP threads. There seems be a certain disconnect between the two types, especially in romantic relationships. It's always befuddled me because the without a doubt easiest relationship in my life is with lirulin i.e an INTJ. It's just so easy - I'm a wacko and she laughs at me. She's my reference point to reality (we find this endlessly amusing) and I make up stories about triangles in outer space. We just clicked after one conversation - we were locked out my apartment by other friends and we had this ridiculous conversation about philosophy and books. I think I may be less sensitive than other INFPs and so I really don't mind discussing Fi type issues, and she has a tendency to squee over cats and such like me. It's just such a straightforward friendship - there's no drama, no ridiculousness, just awesome. What's great is that I don't have to try to find hidden meanings in her actions - if she has an issue, she will tell you. That makes me so much more comfortable.

In fact, basically all the best relationships in my life are with XXTJs - because I get how they care for you - with action rather than speech. My dad is a XSTJ and he has never said anything mushy to me nor has he really ever hugged me - but I can tell without a doubt that he really, really cares about me. To the point of worrying too much about me"

Sorry, trying to quote it but keep failing LOL

But anyways duuuude, yes, yes, EXACTLY! It couldn't have said better. Everything has been explained beautifully right there. Maturity definitely plays an important role in relationships as well. What's the best thing is that when XXTJs (or XNTXs in general) verbally express their appreciation and love for you, it becomes wholly more meaningful. And I understand how difficult it is for them sometimes.

My father is exactly the same, except he's an ENTJ. So I totally get you what you mean in the last paragraph.

Relationships (as friends or as lovers) between XNFP and XNTJ truly do make one of the best. All it takes for an individual's maturity, understanding, and willingness to respect and accept to make this extremely worthwhile. Not only that, but they personally taught me to grow and become a better person as a result through our differences and similarities.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Best Friend - ENTP. She's been my most stable friend for a very long time, despite her less than average sensitivity, and my somewhat more than average sensitivity :p

Best male friend - ENFJ. Sometimes I think he's a T, but then I remember all the ways he is actually very in touch with his feelings and whatnot, and then there's no question he can be quite the feeler most of the time. I love him very much, he always makes my day.

Other friends - ENFJs, INTPs, ISFJs, INTJs, ESFJs, it's pretty diverse

Another weird fact... I tend to have many "flings" with ISFJs or ISFPs, whichever one is supposed to be the "artist" type. It's a strange phenomenon. We're drawn to eachother initially, and then we realize that our N and S differences clash way too much. But there have been at least 3 of those guys.

Other boyfriends/romantic interests - INTJ, INTP, INFJish???, ISFP, ISFJ, INTPish??? May have been an unhealthy INFP, INTJ again (i think), ENTJ

1 - 20 of 174 Posts