Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What types do isfps get along with?

I think we get along with types that are laid back and not too judging. Maybe not so outgoing or reserved.

I've liked talking to INTJ on this forum, ESFJ, ENTP and INFP

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
I have a very hard time connecting on a personal level to people with strong logical judging preferences. It kinda turns me in to something similar to The Dude: "Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."

I generally like ISTPs, it feels like we can speak the same language. And then ENFJ is probably the easiest to get along with imo.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Yeah, ISTP's, INTJ's, ENFP's and ENTP's I seem to kick it off with. Unless the ENTP's are flirting. Then my universe has been shattered.

Does that ever happen to you? You think you made an awesome friend, but really, the whole time, they never wanted to be friends, they wanted to be more (or less).

That's what I always liked about ISTP's, they are pretty straight up with their intentions (at least the ones I have met). Plus, they know where I'm coming from, but they can help me look at a problem from an objective view point. They cut out the drama and go straight for the solution. I hate that they are recognized as emotionless. They are simply drama free, but the ones I have met have deep wells of emotion, they just express it in other, subtle ways. Good folk with tough hearts.

ENFP's are very warm, but not too deep. I never feel drained talking to one. When you enter a party full of strangers, they are the one that hops right over to you, make you feel welcome, and introduce you to some new friends, (including other introverts who feel the same as you). I like these people.

I love INFP's as good friends, but only in small doses. I have two (close to) BFF's who I'm pretty sure fit this type. I love them, but after a while of deep introspective journeys, it's time to cool off and watch a basketball game. Or listen to rap. Something a bit more light hearted to end the evening.

and I don't know if I could date one, nor do I think I could date another ISFP. I'm deep in emotions half the time, and to have a guy like that around all the time, we'd never get a breath of fresh air.

Oh, almost forgot! I like the INFJ's too. Good souls, amazing empathy. A little domineering in their opinions (my way is right, your's is...questionable). Maybe I'm just basing that off of my mom. I love her, but her value system has driven me slightly up the wall over the years.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ENFP's are very warm, but not too deep. I never feel drained talking to one. When you enter a party full of strangers, they are the one that hops right over to you, make you feel welcome, and introduce you to some new friends, (including other introverts who feel the same as you). I like these people.
I like that you like ENFPs :-D

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
I don't know, I have trouble with almost all T types. I think it's easier to say who I don't get along with, and I've never managed well with ExTJs. Otherwise I've not had trouble with any of the other types.

Reactions: marzipan01

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
@Assassin

I like that you like that haha

Let's see: currently i hang with 2 Entj's about 3x a week and 2 of my best friends are Infp and Isfp.

I found that isfp type 7's get along with various types more easily than some other isfp types.
i also think that enneagram typing plays a heavier role in getting along than Mbti. But that's just my noticing patterns and reading posts on the subject.

To be honest though i have yet to get along with an Esfj or Estj. Hasn't really happened yet.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@cityofcircuits, your avatar shot out at me and I burst into laughter. lmao. You brightened my day with that bright blue grin.
@m_dogg, I know what you mean about ENTP's shattering your world. My bff's an ENTP and he has done that to me a million times over the eleven years of our friendship. Still does it to me sometimes. It's awful. But then, I do it to people, too. It comes from having a weak Si or something I think (maybe?). Idk. But anyway, I just wanted to say that, growing up, my step mom was an ISFP and my dad is an ISTP. She went into a depression, she was far away from home, she couldn't handle the politics of my dad's family and was just having a tough time. He totally couldn't read her on a deeper level. Which I found totally frustrating because he didn't know how to help her. Instead of working on their issues and him even recognizing the issue at hand or listening to her, they just broke up.
I really loved her. She was like a second mother to me and I still think about her a lot. She impacted who I am on a deeper level and made me grow into the person I am today.

I'm just saying, to all the ISFPs in here, please, don't sell the ENTP's short so soon. There are a few thinkers out there who aren't into turning the external world into their ideal visions of efficiency and order like the ExTJs. Heck, those ExTJs really freak me out, too, man. It's like you said @Inguz, I end up saying the exact same thing when they tell me to get my life together: "That's just like your opinion, man." lmao.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Hmm, Not something I paid that much attention too, A friend that I get on very well with and rather close with is an ISTP.
I'm not certain on anyone elses type so I can't really say, I think one is an ENTP.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Hah, this is what I was actually trying to ask on the other thread but didn't articulate it good :D
It's hard to say..I didn't have much friends....I think I get along good with INTJs, they are very interesting to me, very intellignet and deep, I could talk to them all day and all night :D Not sure if we get a long in a romantic way. I had an ESFP friend and we were pretty similar, both were very artistic and creative, but she was way to active for me and always wanted to socialize and make parties, and I need some alone time, peace and quiet. And also she was not very deep, so I couldn't really talk to her about such stuff. INFPs are very nice and helpful. My cousin is an ESFJ and wee get along great. She also likes deep discussions. I guess I don't get along well with too judgemental people, intrusive people, rude people, loud people, inconsiderate people, narrowminded people, too traditional and conservative people.....I get along well with nice and warm people, good natured, kind, respectful, considerate, quieter, intelligent, artistic, dreamers...

And yeah, I have experience it a lot of times with guys....I really liked them, but wanted to be just friends and they were "friends" but wanted more.....it so annoys me..why can't I find a male friend?! :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
@cityofcircuits, your avatar shot out at me and I burst into laughter. lmao. You brightened my day with that bright blue grin.
@m_dogg, I know what you mean about ENTP's shattering your world. My bff's an ENTP and he has done that to me a million times over the eleven years of our friendship. Still does it to me sometimes. It's awful. But then, I do it to people, too. It comes from having a weak Si or something I think (maybe?). Idk. But anyway, I just wanted to say that, growing up, my step mom was an ISFP and my dad is an ISTP. She went into a depression, she was far away from home, she couldn't handle the politics of my dad's family and was just having a tough time. He totally couldn't read her on a deeper level. Which I found totally frustrating because he didn't know how to help her. Instead of working on their issues and him even recognizing the issue at hand or listening to her, they just broke up.
I really loved her. She was like a second mother to me and I still think about her a lot. She impacted who I am on a deeper level and made me grow into the person I am today.

I'm just saying, to all the ISFPs in here, please, don't sell the ENTP's short so soon. There are a few thinkers out there who aren't into turning the external world into their ideal visions of efficiency and order like the ExTJs. Heck, those ExTJs really freak me out, too, man. It's like you said @Inguz, I end up saying the exact same thing when they tell me to get my life together: "That's just like your opinion, man." lmao.
I think thats really awesome and empathetic that you saw your step mom's point of view, normally kids always stick to their blood folks' side, not to say that there was a battle. Yeah, my dad is an ISTP and my mom is an INFJ. He loves her tremendously but sometimes it goes completely over his head when he hurt her feelings or when she needs a breather. During these times, I'll text him with a heads up, "Mom is pissed you didn't stay home and help set up the party with her," or "What you said hurt her feelings." Then, without saying anything, he'll return home with food and decorations for the party, or flowers, or what have you. He's a lucky bastard he has me as the translator.

One thing I always liked about thinkers, generally thinking/perceiving, is that you gives are so practical in a good way. Or, I guess I mean, pragmatic; you're able to handle sticky situations, such as politics and moot points, with a grain of salt. Or, from a feeler's perspective, you do. Plus they seem to have the most colorful, blunt, crude sense of humor, which I think I favor most. I try and tell some of my jokes to xNFx's or xSFx's, and the room grows quiet, as now everyone thinks I'm a huge douchebag. But then I go and tell the same insulting joke to xSTP's or xNTP's and they add on it with even more biting offensive behavior, it's wonderful!

OKay, so I've met a few feelers out there with hilariously dark humor, I won't generalize.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I think thats really awesome and empathetic that you saw your step mom's point of view, normally kids always stick to their blood folks' side, not to say that there was a battle. Yeah, my dad is an ISTP and my mom is an INFJ. He loves her tremendously but sometimes it goes completely over his head when he hurt her feelings or when she needs a breather. During these times, I'll text him with a heads up, "Mom is pissed you didn't stay home and help set up the party with her," or "What you said hurt her feelings." Then, without saying anything, he'll return home with food and decorations for the party, or flowers, or what have you. He's a lucky bastard he has me as the translator.

One thing I always liked about thinkers, generally thinking/perceiving, is that you gives are so practical in a good way. Or, I guess I mean, pragmatic; you're able to handle sticky situations, such as politics and moot points, with a grain of salt. Or, from a feeler's perspective, you do. Plus they seem to have the most colorful, blunt, crude sense of humor, which I think I favor most. I try and tell some of my jokes to xNFx's or xSFx's, and the room grows quiet, as now everyone thinks I'm a huge douchebag. But then I go and tell the same insulting joke to xSTP's or xNTP's and they add on it with even more biting offensive behavior, it's wonderful!

OKay, so I've met a few feelers out there with hilariously dark humor, I won't generalize.
My friend told me that I appear to be someone who is occasionally attacked by bees.
Most people are these bees.
ISFPs and ENTPs I like. The other ones I don't know what they're doing.

Oh, I wanted to say, I wish that I could have explained the situation to my dad in hindsight. I've always had difficulty explaining my insights. They're just these intuitions about how things and people work and I've always been so interested in language because I'm always trying to explain them to people in a way that they will understand and won't get me chased by bees.

Doesn't matter how hard I try though, I end up getting chased by bees anyway. lmao. That's why I'm pretty hermetic, actually. Nobody understands what I mean and it's nice to be alone with my mind. Everyone in my head understands me pretty well. lmao. ;)

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
@marzipan01 @m_dogg My dad is also an ISTP, we should totally start a club together!

Regarding humour I think Enneagram has a huge impact, for example I have a hard time imagining 1 or 2 generally appreciating jokes about diseases or disabilities.
Erlack. Yeah, I can laugh at anything but there are some topics I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. In those cases, I replace the horror with dead baby jokes. Everybody likes a good dead baby joke.

·
Registered
651 Posts
My friend told me that I appear to be someone who is occasionally attacked by bees.
Most people are these bees.
ISFPs and ENTPs I like. The other ones I don't know what they're doing.

Oh, I wanted to say, I wish that I could have explained the situation to my dad in hindsight. I've always had difficulty explaining my insights. They're just these intuitions about how things and people work and I've always been so interested in language because I'm always trying to explain them to people in a way that they will understand and won't get me chased by bees.

Doesn't matter how hard I try though, I end up getting chased by bees anyway. lmao. That's why I'm pretty hermetic, actually. Nobody understands what I mean and it's nice to be alone with my mind. Everyone in my head understands me pretty well. lmao. ;)
I'm not sure if i'm catching on to the bees thing. Could you clarify somewhat? I don't want to misinterpret you. It's funny, cuz I'm in a debate about the difference between xSFx metaphor and xNFx or xNTx metaphor....

After a million times of reading about it, hearing about it, watching tv shows about, and experiencing it, I have just now grasped the awareness of gravitation. Not even joking. My mind is blown.

Anyhow... back to your response... you should write down these thoughts, even in just adjectives, moods, verbs, or color- if you have to. The idea is to get out your thoughts, cut out the complexity of it, then you can make a solid sentence, then recite it. It's what i do. I'm like 53% ISFP, 46.something% INFP, so I know where you're coming from with that difficulty.

·
Registered
651 Posts
@marzipan01 @m_dogg My dad is also an ISTP, we should totally start a club together!

Regarding humour I think Enneagram has a huge impact, for example I have a hard time imagining 1 or 2 generally appreciating jokes about diseases or disabilities.
maybe it is enneagram. and those jokes are the best! we should jsut start a thread on istp dads. apparently a lot of isfp's have istp dads. maybe its my strive to be the opposite of him. and yet i'm dating someone very similar to him. =S

·
Rebel without a cause
2,725 Posts
maybe it is enneagram. and those jokes are the best! we should jsut start a thread on istp dads. apparently a lot of isfp's have istp dads. maybe its my strive to be the opposite of him. and yet i'm dating someone very similar to him. =S
There will always be a certain personal preference that cant' be determined like that.

Yeah, me and my dad are very much alike in many ways, difference is that he uses thinking over feeling. It's normal to "date your dad", and for men to "date their mom" back. So when he looks at you on your date, he sees his mom in you! xD

Erlack. Yeah, I can laugh at anything but there are some topics I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. In those cases, I replace the horror with dead baby jokes. Everybody likes a good dead baby joke.
I don't appreciate dead baby jokes. I'm not saying that you can't make them or anything, but I just highly dislike them. :p
I suspect this is where my E8 comes in to play, I want to protect the innocent and fragile little things with any means necessary.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
ENFP's, and ISFJ's are the ones I can get along with easily. ISTP's seem to be frequent too, but I sometimes don't feel a romantic connection (if they're looking for one). I get along with them, when we are just friends.

I struggle with EXFJ's. They're high Fe sometimes makes me rage, and my Fi makes them rage.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I don't appreciate dead baby jokes. I'm not saying that you can't make them or anything, but I just highly dislike them. :p
I suspect this is where my E8 comes in to play, I want to protect the innocent and fragile little things with any means necessary.
Lol. That's why dead baby jokes are funny. It's like so evil that I would obviously never ever actually approve of it. It's like the character Cruella Devile. She's so evil that it's absurd. It's unrealistic. Who on earth would ever be that evil? And if you really met someone like that, you'd just have to laugh because it's so nuts!

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I'm not sure if i'm catching on to the bees thing. Could you clarify somewhat? I don't want to misinterpret you. It's funny, cuz I'm in a debate about the difference between xSFx metaphor and xNFx or xNTx metaphor....

After a million times of reading about it, hearing about it, watching tv shows about, and experiencing it, I have just now grasped the awareness of gravitation. Not even joking. My mind is blown.

Anyhow... back to your response... you should write down these thoughts, even in just adjectives, moods, verbs, or color- if you have to. The idea is to get out your thoughts, cut out the complexity of it, then you can make a solid sentence, then recite it. It's what i do. I'm like 53% ISFP, 46.something% INFP, so I know where you're coming from with that difficulty.
Erm...
It's like I'm walking around having fun, being myself and having a grand old time. Then all of a sudden somebody wants something from me. Another person is angry with me for something I failed to do. Another three or four people are angry for something I did do but did wrong or in a way that offended them. Then there's the dog and it's running down the street and I have a paper due tomorrow. And then a relative calls me on the phone and they want to know if I'm coming to their party on Saturday. And someone is crying. I paid the landlord but he's saying I haven't and I owe him rent so I'm looking for the receipt but my house is a mess. Now there's water all over the bathroom floor and I've got to take the trash out and there's a freaking parking ticket on my car.

And I'm like: Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh!
It's like being attacked by a swarm of bees.

Because honestly, I'd rather just be by myself and dealing with reality from the distance of my mind. In the library among the shelves of dusty books. Where no one speaks with sound. Speaking and listening through words on paper is so much more relaxing. I wish everyone would stop talking and yelling and calling and screaming and just write letters instead sometimes. It can be a bit overwhelming.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yeah, ISTP's, INTJ's, ENFP's and ENTP's I seem to kick it off with. Unless the ENTP's are flirting. Then my universe has been shattered.

Does that ever happen to you? You think you made an awesome friend, but really, the whole time, they never wanted to be friends, they wanted to be more (or less).
Noooooo, now my world has been shattered:shocked::confused::sad::bored:. I don't mean to wander off topic, but yet I do. How exactly do we ENTP's shatter your worldm especially when we flirt?

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.