Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or are the closest to?

As for me, I've four best friends. One is an ESTP (with a weak S; I think she's bordering on ENTP, but I wouldn't be too sure), but I've sort of drifted apart with her... we both had issues of letting people too close and after accidentally backstabbing each other (don't ask...), we've caused a rift in our friendship beyond repair... we still frequently hang out though and catch up, even if we aren't as close as before.

The second is an INFJ - we've known each other for five years and used to hate each other's guts, but ever since we enrolled in high school, we've grown to become best friends and learned to accept each other's differences and compromise.

The third is an ESFP (my sister). We have great fun together, but she has many quirks that piss me off, and vice versa - the greatest problem between us is her sensitivity and my blunt directness. I'm not quite sure if we'd be that close if we weren't sisters, but oh well...

The fourth is an ESTJ, though I'm unsure - the personality description doesn't fit her all that well, but then again, it fits her the best out of the ones I've checked. She's sort of bordering on ESFJ... but we get along the best. Out of my four best friends, I like her the most, and I also hang out with her the most.

I used to have another person on my list who used to be an ENTJ, but after being diagnosed with a terminal illness, he turned into an ISTJ... since then, we've found that we simply don't click the way we used anymore. Besides these named above, I hang out with a broad variety of people depending on my mood, though I've noticed that I usually don't hang out with ISTJs. Also, I don't know any other ENTPs in real life that I know of.

What about you guys? =)

·
Banned
998 Posts
I get along with all NTs really well. Two of my good friends are ENTJ (tested), I've got another good friend who I think is ExFJ. My cosuin who I hang out with the most is ENTP, but I am not sure about that at all. Going letter by letter that's what he is, but we are a lot different in person. My other cousin who I hang out with a lot is INFP.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've been pretty introverted lately but usually its...

NTs for ideas and self-improvement.
NFs for feeling my own heartbeat again.
SPs for some unspoken competition and backstabbing.
SJs for argument.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My closest friends are ISTJ (one male and one female), a male ENFP, a male ESTP (although we barely hang out anymore), and a male who is I believe to be xSFP.

I used to mostly hang out with the male ISTJ or the female ISTJ and male ENFP (who are a couple)

The couple moved. Now I hang out mostly with the male xSFP or the ISTJ.

I have other close friends that are off doing there own thing right now. College and etc. So for now they're kind of out of the picture and I haven't tried to type them and they haven't taken the test either.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
My best friend I've yet to type, I have group who I hang with some not everyday, but we get together quite few times a year that consists of an INTP, ENTP, and ESTJ. Right now, my current and main friends are an INTJ, an INFP and maybe a INFJ.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
My friends are slightly dictated by circumstance, as in, we're a group of parents of kids the same age. I get on with most people.

So in my home town my best friends are ISTJ/ESTJ couple, ?INFP/ISFJ couple, ESTP/ESTJ couple.

My real proper best friends, the ones I'd drive 8 hours to see on a whim and who I spend all the best times of my life with: ENFJ/INTP couple, and ENFP/ISTJ, INTJ/INFP. Mostly intuitives.....and my family are all Ns.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
ENTJ and ENFP on their good days. On a bad day, INFP or INTP will do. Less drama, but also less excitement. ;p

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I also have an ENTP friend who I'm hanging out with more.

He's the only other ENTP I know in person, and it looks like we might end up dating, there's definitely a spark :proud:

I don't seem to have very many S friends, if any at all. I have two ESFP female friends and I think thats about it. I guess I just gravitate more towards intuitives.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Your mom's right :)

Friends with whom I "click" best with/get along best with:
ENFP: 5
ENTP: 3
INTJ: 2
ENTJ: 2
ENFJ: 2
INTP: 2

Yeah, N-types seems to be the case. Sometimes I have issues with NFs cause they'll think things out when asking for advice, and then agree that what I say is the most logical decision, but then chose what they want and come up with BS reasoning to back up their decisions.

·
Registered
432 Posts
My two female best friends are both ENFP (I forced them to take the MBTI :crazy: )
My two closest male friends are orobably xNFP as well.

I've only been close friends with one Sensing type, an ISTP who I eventually ended up dating.
I once talked on the phone with him for 8 hours straight...he was fun to bounce ideas off, but I don't think we would have been compatible in the long term.

I suspect that the guy I am currently interested in getting to know better is xNTP.
He's literally the male version of myself though, so no surprise there.

·
Registered
INFJ 3w2
720 Posts
My best friend from childhood is an isfj, then I have an estp, enfp, intj, and an intp. Also, for some reason, esfj's love me and gravitate towards me. I wish they would not. I've been close with an istj in the past but it was hard work keeping that up.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The top two that I can remember getting really well is my INTP friend and another that is ESTP, I get in conflict sometimes with a ISTP, and two of my friends I get along but ''its not easy'' one is ISFJ and the other one INFP.

·
Registered
676 Posts
All SPs (except ISFP for some reason), INTJ, ENTJ and ESTJ.
we dont feed other peoples EGO may be thats why .
if an INTJ says leave your emotions at the door , we are the kinda type that responds
leave your ego at the door .

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
I think the majority of my friends are NTs, but people I'm close to have some variation. INTJ, ISFJ, INFJ, ENFJ, ENTJ, INTP, ENTP, INFP... hmm, I guess I hang out with a lot of Judging types. I'm a bit of a control freak for an ENTP, and being around perceivers tends to bring out my worst qualities (moodiness, stupid arguing, procrastination, etc.). I think the most common types among my friends are ENTJ and INFJ.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts