Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what types you though worked well together, I've heard multiple theories and I'd love to hear your's too! And yes, I am aware that mbti is not your fate, so you don't have to bother mentioning it. I was just seeing if you guys saw/see patterns in other's relationships, or maybe your own. What type do you think you are most compatible with (be sure to say what your type is)? What types do you see working well? If you gave multiple types and compatibilities that would be great also! Just this general idea. So, let out all you know!:kitteh:

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
By my reckoning:
Chemistry with 75% of the types fairly easily, the other 25% somewhat less easily. For any given type.

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think INFP female and iNFJ male work really well in the way they can communicate on deeper levels and then revert to simple layers when being playful ,or the very abstract inside jokes for instance have a subtle simplicity yet reach deep levels of understanding

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm an INTJ female and my boyfriend is an ENFP male. And I have to say that our relationship works out wonderfully. We obviously have superficial disagreements considering that I'm a Vulcan and he is perpetually traipsing through a field of flowers inside his head. But it forces each of us out of our comfort zones to work on our weaknesses. On our core values we're in perfect agreement. And our connection was instant and strong when we met.

My friend's friend, however, is ESFP and she drives me NUTS. Her values and motivations and everything are in such contrast to mine. I don't understand her emotional nature, drive for attention, or apparent disregard for future consequences. She never had anyone growing up to discourage her bad habits and weaknesses. So now she drives everybody away with her oblivious selfishness. Especially me. I have zero tolerance for people and things that I don't understand. :dry:

·
Registered
222 Posts
well im an infp and have been in a relationship with an INTP for a while now, we work super well together =]
previously in my relationships (friends), i have found none can handle the way i work and the depth that i require in bond/connectedness and just the deep sense of friend i have with this INTP.

it makes me happy to know that someone can actually work well with the strange characteristics i was given :p

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I think INFP female and iNFJ male work really well in the way they can communicate on deeper levels and then revert to simple layers when being playful ,or the very abstract inside jokes for instance have a subtle simplicity yet reach deep levels of understanding
My two best friends are such a couple...they are so amazing and ethereal together, like magic fairy people from another planet :D

Myself, I experience the most romantic chemistry with xNFPs, even though they sometimes drive me insane :D

Reactions: Dr.Horrible

·
Registered
873 Posts
This is an illusion. INFP and INFJ is almost as bad combination as INFP and ISTP, or INFJ and ISTJ.

I can already imagine INFP and INFJ working together...

INFP: Hey, let's do something awesome!
INFJ: No, let's do something evil.
INFP: Why evil?
INFJ: Evil things are awesome too.
INFP: Noo, that's not what I meant. It's like, let's go somewhere we've never been to before. Let's write some famous quotes on the walls with spraypaints, like graffit.
INFJ: Hah, that's like kindergarten stuff.
INFP: Well, at least I am suggesting something. Suggest something better then.
INFJ: Let's move bibles to fantasy section in book stores.
INFP: Sounds cool, but isn't it vandalism?
INFJ: Who cares, lol.
INFP: Why do you always want to do stuff that ends up being malicious to somebody?
INFJ: That graffiti stuff is also illegal, by the way.
INFP: Yeah, but we are doing good. We educate people that way.
INFJ: And we are not educating them by moving bibles to fantasy section?
INFP: Not really. It's trolling.
INFJ: Whatevs, you can go and do what you want.
INFP: No, I need your help.
INFJ: For god's sake, stop bugging me.
INFP: PLEASEEE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE-
INFJ: What is wrong with you? Shut up!
INFP: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASEEE-
INFJ: Maybe later
INFP: Yayyyy
INFJ: Now shut up and let me sleep.
INFP: Ok

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I'm an INTP and I keep seeing that ENTJs & ESTJs are good for me because they are dominant Thinkers (Te) as well as I am (Ti). And according to Keirsey and a couple other sources, the ENFJ is most compatible with me because we share the Fe-Ti function pair, along with both of us being intuitives.

Personally, from experience in interacting with the different Types over the years, I would have to say that I would feel most comfortable and have most in common with an ENTP. They share all the same functions as I do; we're both Keirsey's Rational Engineers, so our type of intelligence is very similar to one another. INTPs intellect lies primarily in structural organization & secondarily in the functional aspect of it. With ENTPs, it's just the other way around.

I know I'm going into a Health Science field. My interest and future career is going to be in it. It only makes sense to me to be paired up with someone who is similar to me (Type and career wise), so that we can work and have fun together, in addition to potentially helping others. The way I see it, if I try to pair up with someone so different from me, that would be kinda like putting Honda parts in a Ford engine. It's like "good luck with that working!". That's not helping anyone out.

Also, I want to have a family now. And I know from interacting with ENTPs and reading about them that they like the idea of having a family someday. So all of this potentially works out for both of us.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Socionics describes and categorizes relationship types that are positive. Typically I'm paired with the SJs and NFJs for the most positive interpersonal interactions.

This is an illusion. INFP and INFJ is almost as bad combination as INFP and ISTP, or INFJ and ISTJ.

INFP: Noo, that's not what I meant. It's like, let's go somewhere we've never been to before. Let's write some famous quotes on the walls with spraypaints, like graffit.
INFP: Why do you always want to do stuff that ends up being malicious to somebody?
You do realize that INFJs probably won't place the bible in the fiction section becuase they'll get distracted with poetry. They usually rely on the ETPs to actually do that sort of thing, ime at least. :p

Yes; I am guilty for placing a King James bible in the religious fiction section of my local B&N with an INFJ after she merely suggested it. It was mad fun. And funnily, the bible section was adjacent to the science section (she had strange powers to pull me out of it).

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am reluctant to think that personality types would matter so much that they as such determined the relationship very far.

I think any combination can be a great one. It truly depends on the couple in question, how stable they are and how much motivation they have to work for it.

·
Banned
618 Posts
Usually it works like this:

IxxPs go with ExxJs

ExxPs go with IxxJs

SFs go with SFs

STs go with STs

NFs go with NFs

NTs go with NTs

In my case, however, I've found that ENTJs (my match according to the chart) are a bad match for me, and perhaps for other INTPs as well. ENTJs are Te dominant, and while this sounds great because of the our Ti function, that's actually a disaster for an INTP who is used to being "the genius of the family," as I am. Everyone needs to feel like they bring something to the table, and in a marriage to an intellectual equal, my self-worth would be crushed.

As an INTP who has a highly-developed Fe, I think that my best match is most likely an xNFJ; ENFJ preferably.

·
Registered
222 Posts
As an INTP who has a highly-developed Fe, I think that my best match is most likely an xNFJ; ENFJ preferably.
I have a female friend who is INTP with high Fe, with me being an INFP we work strangely well together :p
even though the roles are swapped, what are your thoughts on the J vs P :p
we INFP's are very special people ;)
guy or gal :p

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
INFP with INTJ
Initial attraction > easy understanding > friction based on Fi and Te > INFP wants to make everything Fi all the time (loses Ne magic spark) > INTJ tries to Te solutions to INFP's problems > INFP feels emotionally invalidated > INTJ feels like INFP psychologist

End result: better as friends.

ENTJ and INTJ

Not even worth mentioning. ENTJ too dense to notice INTJs charms.

Reactions: Hypernova

·
Banned
618 Posts
I have a female friend who is INTP with high Fe, with me being an INFP we work strangely well together :p
even though the roles are swapped, what are your thoughts on the J vs P :p
we INFP's are very special people ;)
guy or gal :p
I think that when it comes to a relationship, the J and P combination is much better. The former remains stable, well-prepared, and confident, while the latter offers a light-hearted, open-minded, and spontaneous partner to bring balance. For example, a J may have a great plan lined out for the future, but as that plan starts to unravel, the P partner will be able to talk the J partner into abandoning the disaster before its too late. On the other hand, while the P partner has a tendency to jump to early conclusions, the J partner can play "the voice of reason" and keep the P partner from making a bad decision. Js= security seekers Ps= sensation seekers. Its the perfect balance.

With friendships, the dynamic is different. Ps like to have fun, so that's a great bonding tool right there. I can make friends with just about any P in existence. (Unless they're annoying and immature like unhealthy ESTPs). I'm not really sure how it works with Js, however.

·
Registered
922 Posts

you understand 0 about infj and infp..thanks for trying though TJ

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'm a female INTJ and I don't usually try to type the whole letters of those I'm attracted to. As far as intuitive, I'm usually fine. I don't care much about E/I, T/F, and J/P. Idk why.

Usually it works like this:

IxxPs go with ExxJs

ExxPs go with IxxJs

SFs go with SFs

STs go with STs

NFs go with NFs

NTs go with NTs
In this case, me with ENTP? Hmm interesting.

·
Registered
478 Posts
From my own observations I've actually found that I tend to be attracted to girls who have an SP temperament; the polar opposite of NJ.

Now this could just be subjective as many things are, but I personally think that it's best to have a balance in temperament. I think that dating someone or being married to someone who is intuitive and judging just like I am would stress me out.

·
Registered
873 Posts
you understand 0 about infj and infp..thanks for trying though TJ
Being condescending towards my old joke post... I see we are playing a real suave game here.

·
Registered
166 Posts
All my friends are INFP but one INTP.
I love them all. Well, I lie. I love-hate my INTP friend. I don't understand anything about him and we argue a lot.

I don't know who can be my perfect match. INFJ or ENFP, maybe.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts