Personality Cafe banner

What types have you had long-term romantic relationships with?

• Some sort of NT

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • INTP

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • INTJ

• ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Some sort of NF

• INFP

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some sort of SJ

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Some sort of SP

• ISTP

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • ISFP

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • ESTP

• ESFP

What types have you had long-term romantic relationships with?

[INTJ] 
3K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  Clyme 
#1 ·
INTJs ONLY please. :)

Thought it'd be nice to compile it into one place.

#8 ·
There was a very nice INFP from Uruguay that looked like the woman on the "Speed 2" movie poster and an ISTJ from Singapore that looked like the woman on the "Body Guard" movie poster (or so said a waiter already guaranteed 10% mandatory service charge) even though she was Asian (Indonesian/Indian).
I don't buy souvenirs of the places/countries I visited but instead have movies as souvenirs of these places. Apparently, the same goes for ex-girlfriends. ;o)
After joining PerC and slowly learning to type people I knew, I discovered that over half of my friends had been ISTJs. I score highest on the letters I and T and am allergic to Fe so with so few INTJs around (.5-.8% of women)...
Using the word "romantic" about the other relationships I've had would be wrong.

Reactions: maust
#9 ·
My long-term is an ISFP. We have a standing deal that we're technically friends, but we used to technically be in a relationship. While technically being in a relationship with each other, we rented a place together. We still live here. And we're friends. But we're romantic friends. Long-term romantic friendship. The friend thing has released a lot of pressure, and we are awesome together. The reason for the friend thing is both of our plans for the future that are the exact opposite of each other. ISFP wants marriage and kids and boring life. INTJ wants freedom and fun life. ISFP is also quite conservative. The kind of conservative that's native to the middle east. When I say quite I mean a little. Not a lot. But enough so that INTJ feels a little pressured when it comes to attire around ISFP's friends. That doesn't count anymore because INTJ and ISFP are just friends, and friends can wear whatever the fuck they want, without it being embarrassing for ISFP. Also, whenever ISFP goes ahead and finds some random person willing to marry and breed, INTJ can be happy for ISFP and remain friends. If we were still in a relationship, then it would just be sad when it came to that.

This works.

#12 ·
Wait, are you talking about yourself in third-person...?

#10 ·
I'm actually so surprised by all the Se answers.

I've never personally met an Se preferrer whom I felt as though I could be attracted to. It's just one function that really rubs me the wrong way, you know?

I've been most attracted to NFP and ESTJ girls.

There are a few ENTP girls I've liked, too.

I wish I could meet an INTP. That would be interesting, I think.

#11 ·
I've dated an INFJ and ISTJ(?) for a couple of months; my current relationship with an ESFP is the only one that's been long-term.

#16 ·
ISFJ and it was terrible, but probably not totally due to being an ISFJ/INTJ pairing. He was just not really a very nice person and I was willing to take that at the time (late teens/early 20s). I did view him as being extremely nitpicky though. Not sure if that's a common view of ISFJs from an INTJ perspective.

Reactions: lilysocks and maust
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.