Personality Cafe banner

What types have you had long-term romantic relationships with?

• NT

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • INTP

• INTJ

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • ENTP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • NF

• INFP

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • INFJ

• ENFP

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • ENFJ

• SJ

• ISTJ

• ISFJ

• ESTJ

• ESFJ

• SP

• ISTP

• ISFP

• ESFP

• ESTP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
INFJs only please. :)

Reactions: Windblownhair

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
I hope I can chip in but sadly I have no long term relationship, yet. They were all short lived.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
ENTJ and ENFP are the only two types I'm positive about. I believe the other one was an xNTJ(?). That's the grand sum of my long-term relationships. I'm not the type to stick around if I don't think it's going to work out, long-term.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
I'm the only one to say ISFJ?

Reactions: cynicalidealist

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Define "long-term" and "romantic" ... lol ^^
Haha I'm pretty sure there have been entire philosophical fields dedicated to this, but long-term= whatever long-term means to you, since it varies per type. Maybe like a year? Romantic meaning you both acknowledged it was a romantic relationship that was more than friendship and you both contributed to it with the intention of being a partnership.

Reactions: marbleous

·
Banned
102 Posts
Define "long-term" and "romantic" ... lol ^^
Haha I'm pretty sure there have been entire philosophical fields dedicated to this, but long-term= whatever long-term means to you, since it varies per type. Maybe like a year? Romantic meaning you both acknowledged it was a romantic relationship that was more than friendship and you both contributed to it with the intention of being a partnership.
. Well, I had a short romantic relationship with a man that tested as intp/intj. When I hear long term, i think of two peeps that want a future together.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Okay! In that case, 6 month intimate relationship with an INTP. It was kind of romantic because we only did friend-like things together but viewed each other romantically. Also, I knew it would not be long-term because of life differences, but it could have been long-term had those "life differences" been "life similarities" lol. In other words, had romantic long-term potential.

On a side note, I tend to get along with INTP's very well, both males and females.

·
Registered
535 Posts
No ENTPs yet?? I thought that was our match made in heaven?
There you see how relative all those things are :unsure:

·
Registered
221 Posts
ENTJ and ENFP are the only two types I'm positive about. I believe the other one was an xNTJ(?). That's the grand sum of my long-term relationships. I'm not the type to stick around if I don't think it's going to work out, long-term.
I think that your intuition tells you that will work out but in fact they didn't. So what is different between intuition and reality?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I think that your intuition tells you that will work out but in fact they didn't. So what is different between intuition and reality?
Intuition can account for relationship dynamics, how well you'll get along.

Unfortunately, it isn't psychic. It can't account for changes in life circumstances. You may choose to go to different colleges, take a job elsewhere, or have something traumatic happen to you that changes you as a person.

Intuition accounts for expected circumstances, and extrapolates based on expected growth. Intuition is ill-equipped to deal with unexpected changes. It can account for your coping mechanisms under such circumstances.

Yet if you haven't experienced a death, a long distance relationship, a loss of employment, a chronic illness, etc., all your intuition can tell you is about your intentions. The actuality might play out very differently.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts