Personality Cafe banner

What types of movies do you like?

[Generation Y] 
4K views 42 replies 42 participants last post by  SouthernSaxon 
#1 ·
I like comedy movies, watching a comedy reduces out tension and stress. I also like sci-fiction movies where we get to see something new like Avatar. What types of movies do you like?

#4 ·
I have a very bad taste of choosing a movie therefore my friends afraid to ask which movie should we are going to watch in theaters next. But i want to show them that the movies i watch are not as much boring as they feel so i started a blog Movie Fridays to show me and my readers love it.

BTW i like those movies which feels me relax + reduce my stress and somewhere feels me satisfied.

#6 ·
I enjoy comedies like Zoolander, The Benchwarmers, Talledega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby, Wedding Crashers, Anchorman, and Semi- Pro as well as thriller movies like Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, V for Vendetta(favorite movie!), Once Upon A Time in Mexico, Hitman, and Gamer and also a few dystopian science fiction movies like a A Boy and His Dog and Soylent Green

#8 ·
I enjoy different things for different reasons.

I'm a fan of Wes Anderson. I grew up on Tim Burton's films, and his dark romanticism and playful humor appeal to me. David Lynch is one of my favorite directors, his visions are the closest I have seen to what the dream world is like. I love early John Waters movies with their cheesy, outlandish stylings, ridiculous characters, and trademark overacting.

I like science fiction like Blade Runner or The Fifth Element. Twelve Monkeys is a good one too. I also like a good amount of "dark" stuff, The City of Lost Children, Pan's Labyrinth, Dark City, and a few films about Erzsebet Bathory.

Recent movies I have enjoyed: Wristcutters, Hobo with a Shotgun, Rubber, Machete, There will be Blood... I also like The Rules of Attraction (it's actually really funny), The Virgin Suicides, Map of the Sounds of Tokyo, the latest Batman trilogy, Fargo, Pulp Fiction... When I'm in the mood for stupid shit, I tend to watch awful Nazi-themed films like Dead Snow and Iron Sky. I really liked Memento, in general I like Christopher Nolan's work.

I really like documentaries as well, Baraka is one of the most beautiful things I've watched. I hope to see Samsara soon.

#9 ·
Certain kinds of comedy, family, and horror.

#11 ·
I like adventures mostly, with a bit of romance.

#12 ·
I enjoy foreign films, psychological horror films, indie films, etc.

The most recent film I watched was the original 1973 The Wicker Man.

My favourite movie is Brick.

I hate romance films, comedies, and action films, unless it is black comedy or satire ie Dr. Strangelove or Sunset Boulevard.

#14 ·
I love watching horror films. I can watch and enjoy other genres, but I might have difficulty concentrating unless it's really good. My favourites cover a wide variety of types (LOTR, Airplane!, The Terminator, Schindler's List, The Good, The Bad & The Ugly), but by default I always go for the horror flick, even a bad one. The horror films I enjoy the most are ones with a supernatural element, such as ghosts or zombies, rather than the tired formula of mutant ******** cutting people up in the backwoods.

#16 ·
I'm quite partial to horror, all that blood and gore... Friday the 13th, My Bloody Valentine, Insidious... all very awesome.

I also kinda like sci-fi too and fantasy, but not as much as the above, naturally :3

#17 ·
I don't necessarily like a specific genre, that said I like films that make me think and that make me feel something. I can't stand watching mindless anything (Violence, romance, comedy, etc.), it is one of the reasons I sometimes like certain TV shows more than movies, they have a longer time to go into particular topics in depth and explore their characters more thoroughly.

The movies I usually like the most often have depressing conclusions, I almost never like happy films, or films where people get everything they want at the end.

Two films I watched recently and loved immediately were Korean. Silmido and Taegukgi. They fulfilled my expectations for movies perfectly.

#18 ·
I like sci-fi movies of the epic variety. I even like the ones that flop at the box office (which is common for sci-fi movies) just because I love the worlds that are created. I also like "family" movies (disney, etc.), romantic comedies, and action movies.

#21 ·
I like comedy of-course ,romance ,movies based on social issues ,thriller ,supernatural ,sci-fi etc almost every kind of movie provided they have good storyline ,acting,special effects and brilliant direction .

Reactions: Aquamarine
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.