Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Amateur Newscaster
11,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The questions should be viewed as individual (question 1, and 2, and 3, do not describe one type; each bullet is a different type possibly).

1. What type would want to fit in badly, but upon being unable to do so despite great effort would

• Leave the group and find another group that appreciates them
  • Beat up the people out of exasperation (some were particularly mean); then leave to find better people to hang with.
  • Beat up the people out of exasperation (some were particularly mean); then upon realizing how effective it is at subduing people, continue to use it as a strategy to shut down people so you can simply be left alone in peace
  • Try and impose yourself upon the group, figuring that you can force them to accept you
2. What type would adopt the following positions, provided their parents went through a divorce and basically used them as a weapon to effectively damage each other; it was routine for them to see their parents arguing over every single thing, no matter how stupid (even when just giving in to keep the peace would be better), making death threats at each other, adopted a mentality that
  • The world is a jungle, and the only way to keep yourself safe is to become the predator as the predator is rarely attacked, but the prey is.
  • The world is a jungle, and the only way to keep yourself safe is to gather huge amounts of knowledge so you can figure out what others motives are, so as to identify and assess threats, and figure out what you can/cannot do
  • The world is a jungle, and the solution is to simply hoard resources and knowledge so you're always able to deal with the situation
  • The world is a fucked up place, and needs to be reformed for the greater good
  • The world is a fucked up place, and needs to be reformed, either for a greater good, or at least good for me.
  • The world is a fucked up place, and it would be better to forget about the greater good and simply focus upon what is best for you.
3. What type would, upon having their family murdered by a criminal, would adopt the following posture
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem: Should it fail, move on.
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem: Should it fail; impose a form of justice that cannot be outsmarted
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem; should the person be punished, but released on parole: Go after them and impose your own justice that is more fitting.
  • Fuck the criminal justice system: Find the person and put a bullet right between their eyes
  • Fuck the criminal justice system: Find the person who did it; then kill them along with several other random people (in random order) to make it look like a serial killer or a rival gang did it to send the police on a wild-goose chase.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
I can't say that I'm 100% confident in my enneagraming abilities, so here is my best shot. I've also coloured in red, those I identify with.

The questions should be viewed as individual (question 1, and 2, and 3, do not describe one type; each bullet is a different type possibly).

1. What type would want to fit in badly, but upon being unable to do so despite great effort would

• Leave the group and find another group that appreciates them Type 9
  • Beat up the people out of exasperation (some were particularly mean); then leave to find better people to hang with. Type 6
  • Beat up the people out of exasperation (some were particularly mean); then upon realizing how effective it is at subduing people, continue to use it as a strategy to shut down people so you can simply be left alone in peace Type 6
  • Try and impose yourself upon the group, figuring that you can force them to accept you Type 3
2. What type would adopt the following positions, provided their parents went through a divorce and basically used them as a weapon to effectively damage each other; it was routine for them to see their parents arguing over every single thing, no matter how stupid (even when just giving in to keep the peace would be better), making death threats at each other, adopted a mentality that
  • The world is a jungle, and the only way to keep yourself safe is to become the predator as the predator is rarely attacked, but the prey is. Type 8
  • The world is a jungle, and the only way to keep yourself safe is to gather huge amounts of knowledge so you can figure out what others motives are, so as to identify and assess threats, and figure out what you can/cannot do Type 6
  • The world is a jungle, and the solution is to simply hoard resources and knowledge so you're always able to deal with the situation Type 4
  • The world is a fucked up place, and needs to be reformed for the greater good Type 4
  • The world is a fucked up place, and needs to be reformed, either for a greater good, or at least good for me. Type 5
  • The world is a fucked up place, and it would be better to forget about the greater good and simply focus upon what is best for you. Type 2
3. What type would, upon having their family murdered by a criminal, would adopt the following posture
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem: Should it fail, move on. Type 9
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem: Should it fail; impose a form of justice that cannot be outsmarted Type 4
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem; should the person be punished, but released on parole: Go after them and impose your own justice that is more fitting. Type 5
  • Fuck the criminal justice system: Find the person and put a bullet right between their eyes Type 8
  • Fuck the criminal justice system: Find the person who did it; then kill them along with several other random people (in random order) to make it look like a serial killer or a rival gang did it to send the police on a wild-goose chase. Type 7

·
Registered
ILI
5,652 Posts

• Leave the group and find another group that appreciates them type 2
  • Beat up the people out of exasperation (some were particularly mean); then leave to find better people to hang with. idk some sort of derelict thug. probably type 8 (◕‿◕✿). More broadly, any of the anger/body types: 8,9,1
  • Beat up the people out of exasperation (some were particularly mean); then upon realizing how effective it is at subduing people, continue to use it as a strategy to shut down people so you can simply be left alone in peace 8w9. More broadly: 8,9,1
  • Try and impose yourself upon the group, figuring that you can force them to accept you type 1 or 8. Type 3 in a more manipulative way--less confrontational.
  • The world is a jungle, and the only way to keep yourself safe is to become the predator as the predator is rarely attacked, but the prey is. Sounds like fear type motives. That sounds very unhealthy 6. The world is out to get me. I have to get them first.
  • The world is a jungle, and the only way to keep yourself safe is to gather huge amounts of knowledge so you can figure out what others motives are, so as to identify and assess threats, and figure out what you can/cannot do 5w6 or 6w5
  • The world is a jungle, and the solution is to simply hoard resources and knowledge so you're always able to deal with the situation 5
  • The world is a fucked up place, and needs to be reformed for the greater good totally 1
  • The world is a fucked up place, and needs to be reformed, either for a greater good, or at least good for me. type 1 still
  • The world is a fucked up place, and it would be better to forget about the greater good and simply focus upon what is best for you. Well, I could see a lot of different types adopting this attitude. Such as 3, 5, 6, 7, 8.
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem: Should it fail, move on. 9, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem: Should it fail; impose a form of justice that cannot be outsmarted type 1?
  • Let the criminal justice system handle the problem; should the person be punished, but released on parole: Go after them and impose your own justice that is more fitting. Some sort of self-entitled Elliot Rodger type.
  • Fuck the criminal justice system: Find the person and put a bullet right between their eyes same answer
  • Fuck the criminal justice system: Find the person who did it; then kill them along with several other random people (in random order) to make it look like a serial killer or a rival gang did it to send the police on a wild-goose chase. Probably a type 6.
:eek:

Reactions: ruskiix
1 - 4 of 4 Posts