Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
ISFP
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most recent movie you watched?

Reactions: MsMojiMoe

Registered
INFJ
Catch Me If You Can.

Here's a bunch of movies I like (bolded the bests):

Minority Report
Dog Day Afternoon
Godfather

Matrix
Inception
Interstellar
The Prestige
Catch Me If You Can
Fargo
The Silence of the Lambs
Murder on the Orient Express
The Usual Suspects
The Sixth Sense
The Green Mile

Gladiator
Stand by Me
Dunkirk
The Terminator
The Dead Zone
Arrival
Jumanji
The Hurt Locker
The Firm
The Rainmaker
The Deer Hunter
Dead Poets Society
Ghost
Parental Guidance
The Truman Show
The Lottery
Glass
Unbreakable
Split
The Simpsons
As Good as it Gets
Apocalypse Now

Registered
ISFP
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the sixth sense is pretty good. I see dead people.:oops::eek:

Reactions: Annie S.

Registered
INTJ-Fi, 5w4 sx/sp
Merlin and the Sorcerer's Apprentice

At first, it seems to be yet another Harry Potter-clone, the protagonist, which is a young boy, has to find his new place in a new town, somewhere in Great Britain, and the first day in school, get's bullied, and becomes an underdog.

Add school uniforms, rides on bikes and a castle-like school as well as a rather grumpy neighbor, which in fact is a reborn relative to Merlin, which later starts to teach the protagonist how to use magic, after the neighbor realizes this young boy is the needed apprentice in a quest to defeat the dark forces that is starting to rise to power, or rather, a chase for conquering both the staff and the talisman once belonging to the mythical sage known as Merlin.

The main villain has two henchmens, which has the power to transform into a rat and a cat, one of them has an obsession for eating cheese even in human form, and they, as a cat and a rat, not unsurprisingly, gets annoyed by eachother, this movie is a laid back adventure, with some comical moments, for anyone that thinks that watching all the Harry Potter-movies in one day is too much.

Disclaimer: I did not got paid to write this review..., but after watching this movie (I just found it on Youtube) I got really interested in the Harry Potter-franchise...

Actually, there are several things in this movie that I afterwards found either illogical or rather stupid, but it is a decent Harry Potter-clone after all.

Retired Administrator

I liked it--a lot of it is pretty beautiful. The kungfu scenes are magical and entertaining. The costumes and fantastical characters were engaging and interesting. Some of the characters, I had a hard time understanding their motivations--they were a bit more like caricatures. But it was fun and I really like it. Would like to watch more with this level of fantasy.

Oh here's a video about the character design and concept art:

Registered
I think it was Synchronic. I found the cinematography moving. The history was vaguely and stylishly depressing.

Premium Member
Sonja

I've watched it before but I'm watching it again

Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ 鈾
What is the most recent movie you watched?
I've been studying Audrey Hepburn lately... Funny Face was a musical/dance romantic comedy starring Audrey Hepburn and Fred Astaire, so of course I had to watch!

Reactions: ENIGMA2019

Code Cracked
Merlin and the Sorcerer's Apprentice

At first, it seems to be yet another Harry Potter-clone, the protagonist, which is a young boy, has to find his new place in a new town, somewhere in Great Britain, and the first day in school, get's bullied, and becomes an underdog.

Add school uniforms, rides on bikes and a castle-like school as well as a rather grumpy neighbor, which in fact is a reborn relative to Merlin, which later starts to teach the protagonist how to use magic, after the neighbor realizes this young boy is the needed apprentice in a quest to defeat the dark forces that is starting to rise to power, or rather, a chase for conquering both the staff and the talisman once belonging to the mythical sage known as Merlin.

The main villain has two henchmens, which has the power to transform into a rat and a cat, one of them has an obsession for eating cheese even in human form, and they, as a cat and a rat, not unsurprisingly, gets annoyed by eachother, this movie is a laid back adventure, with some comical moments, for anyone that thinks that watching all the Harry Potter-movies in one day is too much.

Disclaimer: I did not got paid to write this review..., but after watching this movie (I just found it on Youtube) I got really interested in the Harry Potter-franchise...

Actually, there are several things in this movie that I afterwards found either illogical or rather stupid, but it is a decent Harry Potter-clone after all.
I have never watched the Harry Potter movies. Snippets here and there. I have heard the books are really good.

Code Cracked
I started watching Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (thinking it may be a little like Zombieland or the parody Scary Movies.) and fell asleep. I may try it again tonight.

Premium Member
Some UK easter crime. Unfortunetly I typically fell a sleep in the middle 馃檮馃槒
Then I woke up in the end and some woman got killed, and it was the last episode 馃槼馃ズ馃槺 R.I.P. eastern crime series. I'll never know who it was I guess 馃槚馃槶
I just hope it was not the police hero. 馃懏鈥嶁檧锔忦煇

I also saw a documentary about Agatha Christie who wrote Poirot. It turns out she hasn't gone to school much, yet she wrote like a ton of interesting crime.

Registered
xNxP 4w5
I just rewatched, The Shining ( one of my favorite movies)

bc Ive been watching all the different theories about it.
-the Wendy theory ( where it鈥檚 Wendy鈥檚 mental illness not jacks), furniture disappearing and reappearing and so on.
-native americans angle, being massacre
-the no ghosts ( all hallucinations)
-the twins aren鈥檛 twins one is 8 and the other is 10. But force the looked alike....all the doubles imagery in the movie
-mirrors
- charles Grady vs delbert Grady
-lining up of scenes when you play the movie frontward/ and backwards at the same time.mirror.
  • played one of the beetle albums lines up with the movie and the ( the redrum factor).
  • the Carl Jung theory,Archetypes, anima/animus
  • all the artwork
  • danny the son, has the shining but so does the overlooked hotel, again no ghosts
  • numbers
and so on and on and on.

Here is the Wendy theory

1 - 14 of 14 Posts