Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm gonna be putting one of these in each of the "generations" forums. I'm certain that the answers given here shall best represent my views.

·
mafia mod
13,333 Posts
One of my favorite shows was "schoolhouse rock" to this day I remember some of the song lyrics.

Lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverbs here.
conjunction junction whats your function?

Also the Odd Couple, and later on Baa, Baa, Black Sheep.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One of my favorite shows was "schoolhouse rock" to this day I remember some of the song lyrics.

Lolly, lolly, lolly get your adverbs here.
conjunction junction whats your function?

Also the Odd Couple, and later on Baa, Baa, Black Sheep.
"Conjunction Junction": I'd forgotten about that! Odd Couple was terrific.

·
Premium Member
15,405 Posts
I know I'm forgetting some (rats!) but this is what comes to mind now (what's left of my mind):

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir with Charles Nelson Riley/Hope Lange
Kung Fu
Here Come The Brides
The Mary Tyler Moore show
My Favorite Martian w/Ray Walston
Original Star Trek
Petticoat Junction
Flintstones
Walt Disney's Wonderful World of Color (always 7pm every Sunday nite)
The Dick Van **** show
The partridge Family

My parents used to use Kung Fu and Here Come The Brides as 2 tv shows to use as leverage in punishments. "Do this... or you can't watch .......!"

·
mafia mod
13,333 Posts
The ghost and Mrs. Muir, I loved that show. And yes My favorite Martian.

I forgot about Dark Shadows.

·
Premium Member
15,405 Posts
...Dark Shadows.
Wow, I haven't thought about that show in years. My 3 cousins loved that show and when my sister and I would visit in the summer, watching that show was a daily event. Wonder what the Twillight-lovers of today, would think of Dark Shadows.

·
mafia mod
13,333 Posts
Emergency was good, so was The FBI: The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

The Gong show. I remember one episode when all of the contestants sung the song "Feelings"
Bridget loves Bernie, and the Flying Nun. Classics all classics

·
Super Moderator
11,506 Posts
Hmmm.....Wild Wild West

:happy:

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I realize that it is not a complicated question, but there were so many different shows and as a kid I didn't always get to watch what I wanted. I could name a whole bunch, but it would be a long list.
As a young child, Saturday mornings were my favorite, all the cartoons I could handle.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
What about The Man from U.N.C.L.E. or The Andy Griffith Show? Lassie, Gilligan's Islan - there's lots more than nobody has mentioned yet!
What about game shows? I liked You Bet Your Life with Groucho.
The day my oldest son was born my husband and I had a huge argument. I wanted to name him Gilligan and call him Gil. :)

Reactions: damfino

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Oh, yeah, that episode with Lucy in the candy factory was so funny! She looked like a chipmunk with all of that candy in her mouth. Every time I see it, I laugh so hard that I start hyperventilating!!!

Hey, what about "I love Lucy" reruns!!!??? Oh yeah, and "I dream of Jeanie".

Reactions: blissfulpeach

·
queen of glitter gnomes
10,504 Posts
Good name! And it's much better than calling him "Skipper"!!!!

The day my oldest son was born my husband and I had a huge argument. I wanted to name him Gilligan and call him Gil. :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts