Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like this thread will be full of funny and embarressing threads, and since I am overly bored I figured I would make a thread here. I'm not gonna share mine yet, cuz its really long, but feel free to post :D

·
Registered
INTP
1,755 Posts
Like an oil spill. At first, you think you can clean it up, but then it keeps leaking and leaking... suddenly the whole bay is filled with oil, everything is covered in oil, from your animals to plants to the sediments and you can't seem to get rid of it.

Then you throw a match on it and everything goes up in flames.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Terrible. Both of us were socially and physically awkward with each other. The main way we communicated was through instant messaging and letters. No kissing, no holding hands. It was like some sort of forbidden Victorian era romance or something but way more awkward. We broke up because she misheard a conversation and thought I indirectly wanted to break up with her... there's no other way to describe this relationship but disastrous.

Reactions: thedoctorlies

·
Registered
74 Posts
We were together for three years and we are still good friends, but the relationship didn't work out in the end.

He is an INFP and I found his dominant Fi tiresome. He would just complain all the time and go on rants about everything in his life but never do anything to solve his problems. He'd blame everything on other people and he never listened to my advice. I told him he needed to study or he'd end up in a job he hates, and sure enough, he failed all his college courses in lieu of spending all his time playing video games, and now he works part-time in a shitty janitorial dead-end job that he complains about all the time.

He refused to ever try out new stuff (and his Ne probably stagnated as a result) and all he ever wanted to do was sit around and play video games, eat, and have sex. I enjoyed all these things to some extent, but after a while, it just got really stagnant. I became impatient with him and I started to realise that we just expected different things in the relationship and there was nothing to be done about it.

I also never really found him physically attractive. I told myself appearances didn't matter and that I was being shallow, but I realised that there was nothing wrong with wanting someone with whom you could have a fulfilling sex life, or expecting them to follow basic standards of health and hygiene.

Eventually I realised that I was having feelings for other people and that I was slowly losing my feelings for him. I tried to keep the relationship going, but one day I just realised that I didn't love him anymore and a couple of days later I told him I was breaking up with him. He was devastated - he had no idea anything was wrong, which I regret - but he's moved on now and we both have new partners.

·
Registered
653 Posts
First year in college I met him in the dorms. I fell for him pretty hard and fast.. it was his intellect that got me and that he had no problem debating with me for hours. (He was religious AND conservative: plenty to argue about there).

But he wasn't as into me as I was in to him. He treated me casually and it hurt. We spent some time going back and forth, on and off. I hung in because I cared about him too much.

2 years in he ended up moving schools and that's when he realized how much he loved me. He wrote me songs, poems, visited me etc... For another year we saw each other, traveled together, met each other's parents, joked about getting married, but my heart had been so hurt I couldn't jump in with both feet.

He ended up dying in a motorcycle accident. I don't quite know how to describe what that does to someone except that it feels like your world shatters into pieces. Eventually they come back together but they never fit the same way they did.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
^ Oof. I can't imagine something like that. Apart from my misadventure in kindergarten I've only felt really strong feels for someone once before (and there's still some residual stuff there, alas) and I really can't imagine them dying. That would be... indescribably awful.

·
Registered
653 Posts
^ Oof. I can't imagine something like that. Apart from my misadventure in kindergarten I've only felt really strong feels for someone once before (and there's still some residual stuff there, alas) and I really can't imagine them dying. That would be... indescribably awful.
Didn't mean to bring you all down

What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger (or horribly cynical) :happy:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
My first 'official' or 'formal' relationship is also my last. I was 17, he was 18. I had a couple of flings before it but never got 'serious'. I hooked up with this dude because he was hot. I was a teenager, all my friends had BFs, and he liked me. As simple as that. It never crossed my mind to have anything serious with this guy. I had sex with him not because I liked him but because of pure curiosity (he was hot, but truth be told, I didn't even like him that much). The problem was that he was -or so he said- madly in love with me. He wasn't very bright and he was ridiculously insecure and possessive. One of the most irrational people I've known. At the beginning I could handle it because I was in transition from an all girls school to uni, we were part of a group of friends, all couples, who liked to hang out together. But when I got into uni most of my friends were male, and he went totally irrational with fear and started to make these scenes even when he got home and I couldn't pay attention to him because, damn, I had to study (what an idiot, I tell you I start to feel angry just remembering his displays...). He thought I was like the love of his life. I remember several times he even spoke about our future together, getting married and all that. I was terrified so I made the decision to break up. My family adored him, he was to my mom the boy she never had. After him I made the pledge to never ever get involved with a man like that. The one good thing that shitty relationship did for me was to reinforce my commitment to freedom at all costs.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had a crush on a kid in fifth grade, found out that his friend "like-liked" me, got pressured by one of my friends into asking out the friend of my crush, and "dated" him for three years. We were actually more like really good friends who sometimes wrote cheesy love letters to each other; it was a sweet kiddie relationship. Eventually though, I grew frustrated with constantly having to reassure him that I liked him and broke his heart as gently as I could after months of tolerating the neediness. Through that relationship though, both our groups of friends were merged into one and stayed close for several years afterward.

Hooo geez, looking back, how could I ever think I wasn't a type 9 with inferior-Fe...

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I was Madly in love with an ESFJ, that relationship was on again off again for over four years. Even though she cared for me deeply she could never come to terms with my INTPness and totally broke my heart calling off our wedding just two weeks before the date. I understand now and realize it was for the best, but still have that occasional dream about her even after 30+ years.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts