Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
The world made a lot more sense, but realized that INFPs are in a precarious situation, since other types are given more tools to function with each other.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
"I hate the idea of being lumped up into a category"

Then I saw the % of the population that were INFPs, and I was like "hrmm, well I am pretty unique"
After reading the details a bit more "Err, this seems disturbingly accurate. I wonder if this is just horoscope style BS that applies to everyone though" -- then I read the details for the other types.

After that I read forums, I think I started on the facebook INFP site first. Over time, I started being a little more accepting of things. Thankfully, I both agree and wildly disagree with some people. So we're similar, but not too similar :D.

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
When I was a teen I took the test in the book Please Understand Me and came out INFP -- read the chapter on INFP and my first thought was "that sounds like me".

Myers Briggs was a life saver for me because of the very important Introvert/Extrovert information. It absolutely was some of the greatest information I have read in my life. The N/S info... eh okay. The P/J info... eh, alright. The f/T info... okay. But the I/E info was.... crucial to me and my life.

I felt like this:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
My first thought was a flower radiating, and my first feeling was joy. I only remember because it was sometime this or last week that I finally reassured and identified enough to decide in good spirit that I am.

·
Registered
216 Posts
It was saddening. I always thought I was an INFJ, then noticed the functions fit INFP, which wasn't that huge a change. I aim to be NT out of a great respect for logic, objectivity, rationality, and because they are more likely to succeed in the science field (I am a biology major at an academically prestigious college and psychology is way too flowery, vague, and easy for me to change to major in) but I have a feeling it will never happen and that I am way too emotional to be an NT. :frustrating:

Though, now that I've thought about it a bit more, I do like some aspects of being INFP. I like my Fi a lot, but I feel like a slave to it a lot of the time and need constant time alone to process information through it. I feel lost without it, even though I've developed my Te a lot I think. I am a good writer, and it's nice to be the Myer-Briggs kin of Shakespeare and other great writers and dreamers. I love my own private dreamworld, the personal experience that I connect everything to, my ability to write in metaphors and in a different language that only I can understand. I like my N. I like being passionate and having that depth that other people might not have. I hate being emotional, though, and I believe that logic and emotion cannot coexist, unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Relieved... I felt understood for the first time as I read the INFP description and related to all of it. It was awesome...and I did more and more research. Learning about MBTI and being an INFP has helped me understand and accept myself for who I am.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Well, I took a facebook test, found it extremely accurate but forgot about it. I never even remembered the letters.

Then I took a class and my professor wrote out all the types on the board and had us walk up and write our names by them, some had up to like 7 names... I think one other had one, but overall I was the only INFP. She read out loud a strange little paragraph and read it specifically for me, so everyone was staring and it said awkward things about being "special, gentle, emotional" or something. So basically my thought was, "Please shut up. People are staring at me."

1 - 20 of 64 Posts