Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some things about yourself that separate you from other INFJs?? hehe..

Let's see how much we DON'T have in common lol.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
This will probably be a short list. :eek:P

Anyway, I seem to be more introverted than the average INFJ around here. I really wish I knew some irl to compare to better though.

Reactions: Ntuitive

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YESSS I wish I knew more INFJ people in real life too. I don't even know if I do. Even if I do it's only like one person maybe. According to descriptions of INFJs, I think I might be a little more extraverted. I'm not sure. I tend to be really social and funny, and confident.. sort of. I also tend to relate to a lot of people even though I'm all weird. At least I like to get to know people. I always feel if I'm around a person next to me and we aren't talking I have to initiate a conversation. People tend to not approach me. But my friends and the people I get to know all laugh at my weirdness. I am also pretty spontaneous.. but maybe that's because I'm young.

However I do a lot of future planning on a grand scale. So it's kind of like I might not care what I'm doing next week. But I have a bigger goal in mind to achieve within the next couple years it's like.. there should be more a balance between the different characteristics. But when I described the different functions to my friends they all said I was INFJ or INTJ.. they know I think a lot, but since I don't express my emotions very much they don't know how intense I feel

Discuss

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
I watch a lot of sports, not as much as I used to when I was younger, but definitely more than the average infj

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sports

I watch a lot of sports, not as much as I used to when I was younger, but definitely more than the average infj
Wow, I don't watch sports at all. Haha this one time I was getting my hair cut at this men's haircut place called Knock Outs, and the hair dresser asked me if I'd been watching March Madness.... and I was like.. What's that?? lol

·
Registered
603 Posts
this is very subjective, but i'll throw a few random maybes.

i enter serious relationships with a strong "when it ends," not "if it ends" approach.

i'm very bluntly honest. if i don't like your hair, i won't lie and tell you i love it.

i scarcely lie because it is wrong but it's also advantageous in that, when i do genuinely need to lie when it isn't wrong / to keep a personal boundary, i can pull it off easily without suspicion.

i believe that if i was born male, i'd be an INTJ lol.

i've taught myself to see "both sides" to an argument even if one person is particularly in the wrong. (didn't used to be this way - i was always so quick to take sides, but my ENTP friend showed me the light ha.)

i listen to sad songs, watch sad films etc. to MAKE myself cry because it feels.. soothing, i suppose? i don't know anyone else who does this.

overly withdrawn people really irritate me because then i have to take on the role as doer. ):

my voice oscillates between quiet, moody & deep, and squeakily varied & booming.

i find it so hard to identify with women, especially very emotional women or "girly-girls."

·
Registered
322 Posts
I seem to open up to people more than other INFJs. it's like if you dont talk, I wont talk, but if you make a move first, it will show that you are interested in getting to get to know me, then I will open up to you.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a loud voice. And I bet I'm taller than any of you INFJs! :p

EDIT: I can also widely do voice impressions.

I seem to open up to people more than other INFJs. it's like if you dont talk, I wont talk, but if you make a move first, it will show that you are interested in getting to get to know me, then I will open up to you.
I can relate to this. ^^

·
Registered
150 Posts
I used to watch sports all the time, especially when I was younger. Given, I was a lot more of an ENFP than an INFJ when I was a kid. Things change...

·
Registered
3,610 Posts
I also think I open up more quickly than a lot of INFJ's.

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
I know very, very few INFJs in person, so this one's tough, but I'll still try:
-I'm less religious than one INFJ friend; even though I was indoctrinated as a Christian, I hesitate to associate strictly with the Christian faith, and I don't attend church on a regular basis like she does. Perhaps I'm more mum about my spiritual/religious beliefs.
-I like makeup WAY too much; said friend above is more the natural beauty type whereas I must have my 30+ different eyeliners (I tell you, there's a difference between a cool black and a warm black eyeliner, etc). OK, to be honest, this must just mean I'm more vain. :(

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
It seems as though a lot of INFJs around here prefer to read during their free time. I prefer to get sucked into games like Mass Effect or Minecraft, lol. The most reading I ever do these days is reading these forums. :eek:P

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wish I knew INFJ in real life as well, don´t think that I know one.
I always feel if I'm around a person next to me and we aren't talking I have to initiate a conversation.
I´ve got this as well, but I´m glad when the conversation is over and I´ve got time for myself
However I don´t care much about next week because it doesn´t take much until it´s over and sometimes I don´t express my emotions very much not even to my lovedones because I don´t know how to
Sometimes I just ask myself if others feel the same way, most time I dont think so

1 - 20 of 111 Posts