Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
We're so fucked. I read an article on the economist earlier about how the financial status of states is less and less in their respective states control (IE greece and the EU - they were strong-armed into taking a loan or getting gigafucked; I don't remember the details). Long story short, the financials of each nation are becoming less and less in their control; so what do they do? Local communities resort to tribalism and bullshit cultural roles for some semblance of ability to maintain order and stability in their daily lives.

edit: oh well cant find the article

but the above basically explains the following:

People in the West live in a form of tyrannical authoritarianism in which people can't say how they really feel about things in public, people who vote for the "wrong" politics or candidates can't always express them in public,or show support for the "wrong" victims, or defend their homes or selves,if it looks bad, or even drive on a rainbow road, even if it's uninentional, for fear of being fired, deplatformed, defunded or, at times, even arrested, and this level of tyranny didn't come at the hands of some oppressive ruler, but arrived because millions of people willingly volunteered to make it happen.
It gives people some sense of power over their lives and their communities; while ignoring the elephant in the room which is their economic freedom and flexibility. It's happening everywhere around the world. It really really reminds me of feudalism with each community with its own rules and customs being its own castle, essentially.

Sucks ass

·
Registered
ISTP 9w8
680 Posts
stoopiditah

More specifically, I hate stupid people who fancy they're smart or know what they're talking about. Most people don't know what the hell they're talking about when it comes to complex topics that aren't their fields of expertise, notably politics and economics. Sometimes they don't know what they're talking about even when it is their field of expertise.

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
819 Posts
Honestly, the trait I dislike most in people is being ineffecient with or wasting my time.
It's not a neccesarily damning trait to have (some people can stop and "smell the roses" better than I can), but that is the one thing people can do that instantly makes me confrontational.

For example, I used to work for wireliners inside the shop, and I would be in charge in organizing orders to go out to location. Coffee, spare parts, brake cleaner, windshield washer fluid, etc.
The way the wireliners often did things was often so inefficient with my time and theirs, it drove me up the wall frequently.

If I had it my way, we would have all of the orders filled by Monday. Get all of the supplies on Tuesday, and then they can drive off first thing Wednesday morning during crew change.
But no, that would be too simple.
Instead, many of these guys would sit around all day as if they didn't have jobs to do, and then they would come to me at the last minute for their order lists. Usually the day before they have to go out.
I then had to call the suppliers, and have them drive to the shop and back multiple times, because a wireliner forgot an "essential" item. I would then have to deal with the suppliers bitching at me for being unorganized.
I would then have to load usually four or 5 big crates full of supplies by myself, and then have the wireliners breathing down my neck doing so.

I frequently butted heads with some of the workers as a result of that. I did notice that some of them called me too "analytical" for their line of work, which often involved them improvising on a day-to-day basis. If I criticized a particular method, they would just brush it off as "This is just the 'patch, you'll get used to it".
That doesn't make too much sense to me. If a job process can be improved or streamlined, why not do it? It would make everyone's lives easier wouldn't it? If your only excuse for not innovating is, "that is the way we've always done it", then that system should be subject to criticism. I don't care how people feel about it.

A similar thing happens at my current college part-time job.
During a shift, I have to run a family-owned used video games store, usually by myself. Since I don't usually have people helping me, I tend to categorize specfic times of the day to work on specific things, in order to direct myself a bit better.
For example, we usually close at 8:00pm. As a result, I like to have all major "projects" put away and cleaned up by 7:00pm, and then clean up the store for the remaining hour.
That way, I can leave as soon as I do cash-out, which only takes around 10 minutes if it goes well. Furthermore, the store is really clean when I leave, and all of my messes are either done, or cleaned up for the next person. I think that is the courteous thing to do.

My boss on the other hand, will spend minutes on end chatting me up, and will spend most of the time on his phone, or mozying around if we are working together.
Sometimes, he starts projects in the last five minutes before we close. If we are working together, I would then have to spend time after hours cleaning, while I could have done all of it beforehand.
If he is working alone, he often won't clean his mess up, and then I'm left dealing with it in the morning.
My boss is a perfectly nice guy, and great to work with. His habits sometimes drive me absolutely crazy.

And no, I don't have anger issues lol

Reactions: Posie_girl90

·
Corvus Cretin
ENTP 7w6 so/sp
21,062 Posts
Too damn many to list but if I had to list some I would include;

-Groupthink

-Extreme Partisanship

-Elitism

-War

-The word "normal", specifically when it comes to what is defined as "normal" in society and the fear of anything that steps outside those boundaries.

-Stupidity

-Religious Extremism

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
“It has always seemed strange to me...The things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling, are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest, are the traits of success. And while men admire the quality of the first they love the produce of the second.”
― John Steinbeck, Cannery Row

·
Registered
15,353 Posts
Machiavelli once quoted “It is much safer to be feared than loved because ... love is preserved by the link of obligation which, owing to the baseness of men, is broken at every opportunity for their advantage; but fear preserves you by a dread of punishment which never fails.”

I hate those who uses power or fear to control others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
INFJ 4w5
521 Posts
Lately there's been so much hatred in our society, it depresses me and sometimes I avoid watching the news due to it. I have a lot of empathy for people and I care deeply about people and how the world is affected by people's actions, but I know I have no control over what goes on. It just saddens me.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
What do you hate about humanity? Or rather what qualities do you hate in humanity as a whole?
Even hating hate is immoral. Hate is just a wrong behavior. If we hate something it is because we do not feel empowered to change that. This is delusional. We are love itself, and we are always empowered to change everything, especially our own opinion (including to hate).

To a certain degree I believe we can all tolerate certain behaviors, for example selfishness. It my irritate us but we can tolerate it because we ourselves are selfish. We're as something such as narcissism might be intolerable for you.
All behavior is 'tolerable', even completely immoral behaviors (like being selfish in many ways, hating, or even killing).

Toleration is not way to live life. It's the same as acceptance. It's basically immoral. Tolerance and acceptance of immorality are immoral. So is hating immorality. You do NONE of those properly. The proper attitude is to CHALLENGE immorality.

So what quality or qualities can you not stand? If you could eradicate it from society would you? And how would it affect the world? For better or for worse?
I would eliminate nothing at all. All possible behaviors and attitudes are required to exist to support free choice. It is immoral to seek the elimination of any attitude.

Only the possibility of evil supports the possibility of choice for the good.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
What do you hate about humanity? Or rather what qualities do you hate in humanity as a whole?
To a certain degree I believe we can all tolerate certain behaviors, for example selfishness. It my irritate us but we can tolerate it because we ourselves are selfish. We're as something such as narcissism might be intolerable for you.
So what quality or qualities can you not stand? If you could eradicate it from society would you? And how would it affect the world? For better or for worse?
Negligence, we are being very wasteful with our planet.
Unaware hypocrisy, by far the worst in my opinion, I can understand being a murderer, it disgusts me but I can understand the process behind it, I can understand being a thief and how some people would justify to themselves that they are good people while doing it, or that they are doing it for the last time, I can even understand hypocrisy when you are aware of your own hypocrisy but you are just being selfish and don't care. But by far the most annoying and damaging trait I have ever seen in humans is unaware hypocrisy. When you can't smell your own bs on your knees.

Like some overly fanatical religious people acting like aholes in the name of a God that preaces love, or while preaching love themselves. This is not limited to religion. Humans have an amazing ability of doing one thing while claming to be the complete opposite, and deny it even when this is pointed out. And other humans have an amazing ability to just go along with it, as long as they accept it, as long as there is not overwhelmingly contradictory evidence.

Obviously the nazi were the worst during World War II. But the communists were not far behind, they were arguably there too. The nazi killed 16 million civillians in their concentration camps, the communists killied 20 million people in their concentration camps called gulags. Why the world doesn't have the same atttiude towards communism that it has towards fascism? for 2 reasons: the communists won World War II and the communists said on paper that they are the good guys. The fascists were pretty honest with their racism and genocide, but the communists were working with the people, by the people and for the people so that everything can have peace, bread and land.

Two almost similar movements have completly different attitudes towards them because they had different marketing.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts