Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling horror movie fans!

I love horror flicks but some really scared the shit out of me, especially those from my childhood/younger days because I was naive and basically a scaredy cat back then. I still have memories of those that left a lasting impression. Examples were:

1) An American Werewolf in London (1981)
I thought the special effects were awesome considering it was made more than 30yrs ago.

2) Evil of Dracula (1974)
This Japanese movie exposed me to the concept of vampires. Never looked back since.

3) The Ring (1998)
I believe I heard many people screamed when Sadako crawled out of the TV.

And of course, how can we forget Aliens (1979)?

Do you have any memorable ones to share?

·
Registered
930 Posts
This was on tv when I was in elementary school, and my sister & I snuck downstairs to see it. This movie & this scene in particular were terrifying:

Salem's Lot:

..also the original Carrie and the first Halloween..

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
As an '80s kid in the '80s, I thought The Deadly Spawn was scary.

As an adult, I find stuff like Session 9 truly frightening.

Reactions: stormgirl and R22

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

Reactions: 00Hikaru00

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
The Ring scared the shit out of me when I first saw it (The US remake).. which I think wasn't until I was about 13 or 14.

Also saw this dumbass movie remake that made me really jumpy..I think I must've had too much coffee or something at the time, because I was jumping every time the serial killer dude popped up out of nowhere :laughing::

Not even scary really, but I saw The Sixth Sense in my 4th grade class. I remember we had to get our parents' permission because it's PG-13. There was a night about a week after watching it, where I woke up in the middle of the night and would keep jumping at small sounds because I swore it was a dead person in my hallway. lol. Even though I saw the movie again later and didn't find it nearly as scary as I remembered (I think also in my teens), that was the only time I truly got paranoid by a movie to the point I actually was convinced it was reality.

I saw Psycho when I was about 12-13 too.. but something about that movie seems to become scarier as you get older rather than the other way around. *shrugs*

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ
1,555 Posts
There were plenty of movies that scared me as a kid that definitely don’t have that effect on me anymore.

Nightmare on Elm Street came out when I was a kid in the 80s. I couldn’t sleep for days after first seeing it.

The Ring I saw in theatres when it came out, and I didn’t sleep well that night!

Then there’s movies like The Shining and the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre that I still can’t watch as an adult without getting creeped out!

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
Ah yes, Pet Semetary! I forgot to mention that one.

The scenes with Zelda still get me...*shudder*

Im not ging to lie, that film freaked the hell out of me.
If I had known, I would not of watched it home alone with just the family cat at age 16 whilst parents were away for the week.

Reactions: stormgirl

·
Delphic Seer
18,076 Posts

·
Registered
2,739 Posts

I thought you meant really old. The ending to this still scares the shit out of me.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts