Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this kind of question sounds silly considering that you can't use mbti to generalise a person's behavior and yadda yadda ya- :laughing:

Anyway-- enfps, what are your experiences in meeting intjs? (Other types are welcome to answer this question, or even intjs are welcome to tell your stories regarding enfps)

---
On my behalf, I can say that most (if not all) enfp encounters that I've had (male or female) seem all too familiar, like "we've met before" feeling; Sometimes it takes time to warm up, but at the same time there's a feeling of comfortableness. It gets casual way too fast for the most part.
One of those encounters in special it only took eye contact and a few body language to feel a ''spark'' (I don't mean this in a necessarily romantic way, although I'll admit that enfp male revealed to have become very attached to me (friendly or romantic, I really can't tell. Yall are too flirty for my intuition to pick up ideas correctly, but I digress :frustrating:)).

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
First, I am going to respectfully disagree with you: you can use MBTI to generalize a person's behavioral tendencies. It takes time and experience to get a large enough sample size; but for the most part, while you can't anticipate content, you can lean pretty heavily on context in social interactions.

That said, for those who can read facial expression for content- you might not readily share in words what you're feeling- we can be inaccurate about the content of your thoughts- but we can pretty comfortably react to the context of your emotions- which kind of are clearly displayed. It gets kind of "mind reading" seeming pretty fast when I interact with INTJs, but it's not quite that-

I like to joke I am fluent in eyebrows.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I understand this kind of question sounds silly considering that you can't use mbti to generalise a person's behavior and yadda yadda ya- :laughing:

Anyway-- enfps, what are your experiences in meeting intjs? (Other types are welcome to answer this question, or even intjs are welcome to tell your stories regarding enfps)

---
On my behalf, I can say that most (if not all) enfp encounters that I've had (male or female) seem all too familiar, like "we've met before" feeling; Sometimes it takes time to warm up, but at the same time there's a feeling of comfortableness. It gets casual way too fast for the most part.
One of those encounters in special it only took eye contact and a few body language to feel a ''spark'' (I don't mean this in a necessarily romantic way, although I'll admit that enfp male revealed to have become very attached to me (friendly or romantic, I really can't tell. Yall are too flirty for my intuition to pick up ideas correctly, but I digress :frustrating:)).
We're naturally flirty. Best way to tell if one of us has developed a crush is if we can simultaneously be light and engaging with other people around- playing to them or to you about them- but otherwise get seemingly introverted around you.

Like, my INTJ mentor, I imagine, enjoys the weird mode I get in sometimes when he says something ambigous I can read multiple ways (part of our dynamic I like is that he tells stories with multiple lessons in it and I'm geared to try to decipher meaning in *anything* so yanno) I will literally sit still while I try to suss out what the best response is, and will laugh outloud when I think of something that's incongruent.

We must look crazy to other people, him sitting quietly while I laugh as if we're carrying on a conversation out loud. But it works for us. :)

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
I've known a few INTJ dudes. I'm best friends with one and had difficulty connecting with the others. Still waiting to run into an INTJ woman. And dating one :popcorn:
I find it difficult to meet N's in general. Must be because there are fewer of us.

That said I'm also an INTJ that hasn't met any INTJ's IRL (that I know of), male or female. :laughing: But I have met probably every other N type, at least once...actually not sure about ENFJ either, my aunt may be one. I think otherwise they might be people I avoid irl (Fe doms..they scare me :concern:)

·
Registered
381 Posts
I find it difficult to meet N's in general. Must be because there are fewer of us.

That said I'm also an INTJ that hasn't met any INTJ's IRL (that I know of), male or female. :laughing: But I have met probably every other N type, at least once...actually not sure about ENFJ either, my aunt may be one. I think otherwise they might be people I avoid irl (Fe doms..they scare me :concern:)
Interesting. I've had most of my friends take the test. I want to say about 10 out of 15 are N's. Us N's seem to attract one another. The few S's that I'm friends with, we don't have the same depth of bonding compared to the N's. It's more fun, fun, fun (their SP's). And oh my goodness, I know two ENFJs (girls) and let me tell you...they scare the shit of me. I feel so judged and constricted around them. We both don't like it.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Interesting. I've had most of my friends take the test. I want to say about 10 out of 15 are N's. Us N's seem to attract one another. The few S's that I'm friends with, we don't have the same depth of bonding compared to the N's. It's more fun, fun, fun (their SP's). And oh my goodness, I know two ENFJs (girls) and let me tell you...they scare the shit of me. I feel so judged and constricted around them. We both don't like it.
I have one good friend who is ENFJ, and as a role model she's dynamite- but she dominates waaay too easily without noticing it. (She's a mom, it's understandable.) We disagree fundamentally on how to mentor, but that works well for us because (luckily) she sees us as contemporaries. I shudder to think if she decided I needed larnin'.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,289 Posts
After the initial impression?

Once you get to know them, they are just so chill and easy going from an emotional standpoint, at least from my perspective. Nothing perturbs them, and for an ENFP I think that is an incredibly healthy thing to have rub off on you. It's also like... normally you tend to have to filter what you say somewhat, even around friends and girlfriends, but INTJs seem to enjoy hearing the more out-there thoughts, and can actually contribute in reply.

It feels theraputic in that way that it's relaxing.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts

Oh yeah, my friendships have always been predominantly N types. But friends and most people I encounter are two entirely different things. :p of course, online there's a lot of self-selection going on that can't be accomplished irl.

5,146 Posts
They open their mouth and bury me under a wall of TExt and then I die.

5,146 Posts
Meeting INTJs is when you go to a geek store and ask about some game and suddenly there's a an endless torrent of monotone words and then you drown and you die.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,718 Posts
I cracked up when I read this because it applies to an ENFP friend and I very well. I move my eyebrows a lot (or smirk) when I want to be facially expressive. She makes fun of me for it, but picks up on it really well.
God, I did too with my husband. He could say a thousand words to me just by his eyebrow angles.

@OP I also find I get along great with INTJs. I would say they don't scare easily and get along with our very quirky nature.

I've known a few INTJ dudes. I'm best friends with one and had difficulty connecting with the others. Still waiting to run into an INTJ woman. And dating one :popcorn:
An extremely rare form of life. I find more INTJs on these forums than I do in RL. The only female INTJs have been on these forums. I've never found one in RL.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Meeting INTJs is when you go to a geek store and ask about some game and suddenly there's a an endless torrent of monotone words and then you drown and you die.
lol I think this is funny. I get made fun of for speaking monotone now and again... There are worse things to be made fun of for :p

An extremely rare form of life. I find more INTJs on these forums than I do in RL. The only female INTJs have been on these forums. I've never found one in RL.
Apparently, this youtuber is an INTJ (it didn't even really occur to me, but she said so in a comment and it makes sense... her reactions to insults lol)

Reactions: NIHM

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have only met a handful (I think) of INTJs in my life.

The sense of "feels like we've met before" thing is quite accurate. It's difficult to describe and I may be reading too much into it, but in a nutshell it's like there's this underlying medium of communication there. Kinda like you could just exchange looks and know what's going on in each other's heads. Despite our dissimilar personalities, we also usually have the same sense of humor.

5,146 Posts
lol I think this is funny. I get made fun of for speaking monotone now and again... There are worse things to be made fun of for :p
Having same problem - as ENFPs also articulate with Te. Except that I can't say walls of text without dying halfway, so people don't notice XD . Envying INFJs their warm charismatic articulation, though.

Apparently, this youtuber is an INTJ (it didn't even really occur to me, but she said so in a comment and it makes sense... her reactions to insults lol)

Possibly. I'm not sure. I'm not good at reading people. She may also be an INTP or ENTJ or some other type.

Olivia Thirlby is an INTJ

·
Registered
37 Posts
my brother is an INTJ and i think he's an 8w9. he's one year younger than me and we have a playful love-hate/sibling rivalry relationship dynamic going on, but we actually get along a lot better than our family thinks we do. that's probably because we're the only ones with Fi in a strongly Fe family that expects us to hug every half hour and be extremely polite when we address one another.

the second time i got very close to an INTJ was after i moved abroad. i instantly felt very attracted to him and the attraction was mutual. even though there was a strong language barrier, we communicated very easily somehow. but in time, the more i got to know him and know the language, the similarities between him and my brother - whom he never met - became too surreal for me, so things ended there because of the weird incestuous vibe i couldn't shake off. :disturbed:

i also have a hard time typing INTJs as such because they tend to act INFP/INFJ-like around me.

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
First, I am going to respectfully disagree with you: you can use MBTI to generalize a person's behavioral tendencies. It takes time and experience to get a large enough sample size; but for the most part, while you can't anticipate content, you can lean pretty heavily on context in social interactions.

That said, for those who can read facial expression for content- you might not readily share in words what you're feeling- we can be inaccurate about the content of your thoughts- but we can pretty comfortably react to the context of your emotions- which kind of are clearly displayed. It gets kind of "mind reading" seeming pretty fast when I interact with INTJs, but it's not quite that-

I like to joke I am fluent in eyebrows.
Me too. Do you find that women pluck their eyebrows too much? It changes their whole face expression.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Me too. Do you find that women pluck their eyebrows too much? It changes their whole face expression.
YES.

Taking out stray hairs that do not conform to the shape of the brow is okay- even trimming stragglers that are longer than its hairy brethren-

but shaping eyebrows completely messes up how the person's microexpressions are read. Possibly why they find disparity between what they say and what others believe they say??

·
Banned
2,244 Posts
YES.

Taking out stray hairs that do not conform to the shape of the brow is okay- even trimming stragglers that are longer than its hairy brethren-

but shaping eyebrows completely messes up how the person's microexpressions are read. Possibly why they find disparity between what they say and what others believe they say??
Eyebrows are very revealing, but you think they're useful is lie-detectors?

For me it's mostly aesthetics, many over-pluck them because they think it's more feminine, but it makes them look silly and unnatural. They're usually the same ones with a landing strip. What's that about? Means, "this way stupid"?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts