Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you have TV shows or cartoons that you loved to watch and would try to never miss? (I'm thinking more TV series kindof stuff and not so much about movies.)

I always was a hopeless romantic (romanticism) so I was a sucker for movies and cartoons that made everything ok and people tended to end up where they belonged--everything just working out.

I know there'll be a generation gap, but I still think it would be interesting to see what we all liked from our childhood.

I always watched Speed Racer. Thirty minutes of driving a cool car really fast, having a cute girlfriend, and rescuing people. What's there not to like?

I would also watch a short lived show called "Fury" about a boy and a really cool horse. I mean, what kid wouldn't want a horse that could do all of that stuff?

And I enjoyed "Roadrunner." Couldn't help but feel sorry for that coyote, though.

My parents introduced me to some of their shows: Dark Shadows, Rawhide, Wagon Train, The Big Valley, (I'm seeing a trend here...:cool:) To this day, I still like the old westerns. But I never did get into my moms habit of watching soaps like "General Hospital."

So, what do you remember being a favorite childhood show/

·
Registered
139 Posts
I was certainly born into the Nickelodeon generation...but when it was younger and at its best. ;) Rugrats was a must watch, but I was certainly a Power Rangers girl, too. Most of the shows that came on Nick at the time were what I would watch. When I was a lot younger it was all Nick Jr. with Little Bear, Franklin, etc. and then other Nick shows as I was around ages 6-9 such as Doug, All That, Rocko's Modern Life...

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm with you niss, Roadrunner/Bugs bunny and I always felt sympathy toward the Coyote too. Anything Hanna-Barbera.

I really loved Pink Panther -- still do, I even turned my kids on to him.

"Dark Shadows" dude your old! :laughing:

Shows: Twelve O'clock High, Combat, Lost in space, Walt Disney and of course, Star Trek. All the westerns back then were always must see for me too.

No Soaps :bored:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm with you niss, Roadrunner/Bugs bunny and I always felt sympathy toward the Coyote too. Anything Hanna-Barbera.

I really loved Pink Panther -- still do, I even turned my kids on to him.

"Dark Shadows" dude your old! :laughing:

Shows: Twelve O'clock High, Combat, Lost in space, Walt Disney and of course, Star Trek. All the westerns back then were always must see for me too.

No Soaps :bored:
Oh yeah...completely forgot about the Pink Panther! Doh! He's been my adopted mascot since high school (when I landed the solo in jazz ensemble)!

I'm not THAT old---I just have a really good memory.:tongue:

·
Registered
384 Posts
I watched things like Tail Spin and Darkwing Duck, the Power Rangers, The Magic School Bus, and Bill Nye the Science Guy. As I got older it turned into "Pokemon" and "Dragonball Z"

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I watched things like Tail Spin and Darkwing Duck, the Power Rangers, The Magic School Bus, and Bill Nye the Science Guy. As I got older it turned into "Pokemon" and "Dragonball Z"
Skygghet may be onto something with that "me being old" thing. I watched these with my kids!:wink:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Rugrats, Power Rangers, Pokemon(which I still like :crazy:), Hey Arnold, and Bill Nye were awesome. Better than whats on nowadays(ICarly :dry:). Pink panther, Beetleborgs, and Johnny Bravo were also nice as well. To summarize, basically anything on Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, and FoxKids.

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Hey Arnold
Rugrats
Doug
All That
Tiny Toons (I think that's the name of the show. . . it had Babs and Buster Bunny).
I had a thing for Road Runner on Loony Tunes.
Rocko's Modern Life
Fairly Odd Parents (though I might have been an older teenager when this one came out).

·
Registered
9,421 Posts
I always felt bad for the Coyote too! That Roadrunner ... I wanted to smack him on the head, lol :)
BTW ... I didn't disappear; I was out of the net for a few days due to being out of town; will have to catch up on posts now.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Voltron
Captain N
She-Ra, He-man
The Gnomes
Noozles
Wuzzles
Thundercats
Care-bears
muppet babies
Scooby doo
Smurfs
Ewoks
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Superted
pigeon street
Fraggle rock
Duck Tales
Mickey Mouse
Teddy Ruxpin
G-force
Swamp thing
Chip and Dale rescue rangers
The snorks

woowzas..and a few more! :happy:

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Batman the cartoon, it was just mature enough for me not to deem it a kiddy show
I had forgotten about Batman. I didn't watch every episode, but I did watch a lot of them. But I think the Batman I watched was a little older than what you remember. :laughing:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts