Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bedtime stories, daytime stories, whatever, just mostly short childhood stories. They could be stories that were read to you, or stories that you read to yourself.

For example, one of my favorites was:

The Velveteen Rabbit

Did you ever get fixated on one and want to hear it over and over and over and over? My oldest loved "Green Eggs and Ham." I can still recite that story from memory...and he's 23!:crazy:

So, what's your story?:happy:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Every story I read, heard, or watched usually became my favorite for a while, haha. I really like Nancy Drew books, Dr. Seuss, Great illustrated Classics of all kinds, and just whatever else I could get my hands on.

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I was a big fan of Rumplestiltskin, the Velveteen Rabbit, Sleeping Beauty, and Beauty and the Beast.

I'm not sure my young teenage years count (I was 12 or 13 when I first read these books), but I was also a big fan of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit (the Hobbit was such a cute book!). I really need to find some time to reread through The Lord of the Rings.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Three Investigators - I read every volume that the library had. That and the Hardy Boys.

Reactions: Sela and niss

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've always loved Winnie-the-Pooh. Cartoons, picture books, original books, the whole shebang. :laughing: They were pretty much my favorite source of entertainment when I was a kid, besides the occasional Disney movie or *shudder* Barney.

Seriously, how could anybody not love Tigger's bouncing, or Pooh's "Think, think, think"ing?

And I actually still kinda think that A. A. Milne's books are pretty darn funny.:blushed:

Reactions: niss

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Green Eggs and Ham. Like your son, I can still recite it from memory.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've always loved Winnie-the-Pooh. Cartoons, picture books, original books, the whole shebang. :laughing: They were pretty much my favorite source of entertainment when I was a kid, besides the occasional Disney movie or *shudder* Barney.

Seriously, how could anybody not love Tigger's bouncing, or Pooh's "Think, think, think"ing?

And I actually still kinda think that A. A. Milne's books are pretty darn funny.:blushed:
And Milne had some earlier books that were written Dr. Seuss style, long before Dr. Seuss came along.

Reactions: Tanigi
1 - 9 of 9 Posts