Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of the 80s/early 90s will know more about these, but mine were easily: mighty max, and the guyver (which surprisingly didnt disturb me)
But I was pleasantly surprised to catch a VHS of this in the cupboard one day

1,239 Posts
I mostly preferred cartoon films I think, but I loved Teletubbies, Thomas the Tank Engine, Postman Pat and Brum. Apparently Teletubbies was my favourite, which makes sense as it seems quite XXFP..

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Let's see:

Knight Rider (watched the reruns on Sci-Fi. Believe me, I STILL want that car in real life!)
The Cosby Show
Full House
The Simpsons

...as we venture into cartoon territory, most of the cartoons growing up that I watched was mainly the PBS Kids lineup. This is because my parents were a little too choosing of what I was able to watch. In other words, if it wasn't on PBS Kids, it was labeled as "junk cartoons". Basically, anything on Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. This only lasted a few years though, as somehow, my parents became more loose about it.

From PBS:

George Shrinks
Arthur (I surprised this still has new episodes, but boy, that animation sure is... different)
Dragon Tales
Cyberchase
Clifford the Big Red Dog
...pretty sure there's more, but that's all my memory recalls at the moment.

From Cartoon Network:

Really, the only thing I remember being REALLY hooked on was Ben 10. I even made a cardboard version of the Omnitrix and showed it off at school. Sadly, I don't think the spin-offs lived up to the original. I mean, there was an episode where it's called BEN TEN-THOUSAND, and somehow, the immediate spin-off shows Ben using exclusively 3 aliens? Boorrinnngg (<-- okay, that's little me saying that; I never gave the spin offs a chance now being an older person).

Other cartoons I enjoyed on this channel were Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Justice League, Codename Kid's Next Door, Teen Titans

From Nickelodeon:

Spongebob Squarepants

From Disney:

Phil of the Future
Lilo & Stitch
That's so Raven
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody

That's most of what I can remember.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let's see:

Knight Rider (watched the reruns on Sci-Fi. Believe me, I STILL want that car in real life!)
The Cosby Show
Full House
The Simpsons

...as we venture into cartoon territory, most of the cartoons growing up that I watched was mainly the PBS Kids lineup. This is because my parents were a little too choosing of what I was able to watch. In other words, if it wasn't on PBS Kids, it was labeled as "junk cartoons". Basically, anything on Disney, Cartoon Network, and Nickelodeon. This only lasted a few years though, as somehow, my parents became more loose about it.

From PBS:

George Shrinks
Arthur (I surprised this still has new episodes, but boy, that animation sure is... different)
Dragon Tales
Cyberchase
...pretty sure there's more, but that's all my memory recalls at the moment.

From Cartoon Network:

Really, the only thing I remember being REALLY hooked on was Ben 10. I even made a cardboard version of the Omnitrix and showed it off at school. Sadly, I don't think the spin-offs lived up to the original. I mean, there was an episode where it's called BEN TEN-THOUSAND, and somehow, the immediate spin-off shows Ben using exclusively 3 aliens? Boorrinnngg (<-- okay, that's little me saying that; I never gave the spin offs a chance now being an older person).

From Nickelodeon:

Spongebob Squarepants

From Disney:

Phil of the Future
Lilo & Stitch
That's so Raven

That's most of what I can remember.
Aaaah, Cartoon Network. That takes me back. I remember the days when they would cease transmission at 10pm
Have reent,y found a new love for good olmJohnny Bravo

·
Registered
16 Posts
OMG mighty max with Virgil and the big swordy dude. I wished they gave that cartoon more of a "send off" considering I realize cartoons rarely get an actual ending of any kind.

But I have to say Beast Wars was probably mine from the 90's. I loved Save by the Bell and Fresh Prince and Family Matters as far as family sitcoms go

·
Registered
993 Posts
the good old days.

"Cartoon Network" is truly a legendary channel.

ed edd n eddy

dexter's laboratory

power puff girls

courage the cowardly dog

there is more.... but i can't remember, the above always made me drift into a fantasy world....... it felt really good and i truly love those times. especially fridays and when they had holiday specials.

then there is dragon ball z on Toonami ( also CN)
we watched it every day after we come back home while doing our homework me and my cousins.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the good old days.

"Cartoon Network" is truly a legendary channel.

ed edd n eddy

dexter's laboratory

power puff girls

courage the cowardly dog

there is more.... but i can't remember, the above always made me drift into a fantasy world....... it felt really good and i truly love those times. especially fridays and when they had holiday specials.

then there is dragon ball z on Toonami ( also CN)
we watched it every day after we come back home while doing our homework me and my cousins.
Lol ball z was good too, apart from the fact that it took an entire episode for a character to move a muscle

·
Registered
239 Posts
Haha. This made me laugh. I am currently making a list of shows I watched as a kid. laughing:

For age 3-7 it will be definitely:
1. Step by step sharing the first place with The X-Files (currently in fandom, Mulder and Scully are my childhood heroes!!! :D)
3. Friends
4. Alf
5. Inspector Rex

Cartoons:
We had 2 children shows named "Magic kindergarten" and "Cubies" (haha, I mean "small cubes")
Then Noddy, Thomas the tank engine (I was watching those because I like the drawing style. :laughing:)
Maya the Bee, Tom & Jerry, Road Runner, Chip and Dale, Pokemon...some Cartoon Network till 5, then some stuff I don't remember from another channel I don't remember (oh, I am so accurate! :D) Usually I watched anything on Sunday morning.
:kitteh:

At the age of 6 I fell into world of books and watched TV less. :laughing:

·
Registered
65 Posts
When I was very young, I loved Tots TV, Madeline, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Arthur. However, I'd say my favourite childhood shows were the Worst Witch and Anne of Green Gables. I've rewatched both as an adult and still think they're charming and worth watching. I also loved watching the horror and crime shows my mum watched. I found them oddly fascinating, even though they terrified me. I didn't really watch much TV growing up though.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Here's one from the '80s that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Reactions: Turlowe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, another cool thread! Well, I remember watching Blue's Clues and Teletubbies and some Korean shows... those type of things. When I got a bit older, I would watch PBS Kids Go and Cartoon Network. I liked iCarly a lot when I was in middle school.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Favorite shows from when I was a kid, hmmmmmm. This is gonna be one of those threads that makes me feel old.
I loved Star Trek TOS, TNG didn't come out until I was an adult.
I was also fond of Battlestar Galactica and Buck Rogers, though even as a kid I knew they were really bad and very dumb, but back then sci fi on TV was rare as a unicorn.
Saturday morning cartoons were awesome, Tom and Jerry and Looney Toons were faveorites
In Search Of with Leonard Nimoy was amazing, it exposed me to so many fascinating mysteries and inspired my imagination, it still effects me to this day.
I forget what it was called but there was a show on that was sort of like an older version of American Ninja, it had people racing through obstacle courses and such I loved that too. I rarely enjoy being a spectator in sports, but that was fun to watch.
And of course Kung Fu, with David Carradine, that show and Star Trek probably had the biggest impacts on my personality of any media in my youth. It inspired a life long love of martial arts.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Beakman's World.
Dragon Ball and all its sequels.
Fraggle Rock.
Foofur.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Moomins.
Pippi Longstocking.
Punky Brewster.
Rugrats.
Monarch: The Big Bear of Tallac.
Boy Meets World.
Growing Pains.
Pepper Ann.
Dr Slump.
Future Boy Conan.
The Fruities.
The Ewoks.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Didn't watch a lot of tv honestly I was always drawing or outside climbing into a tree and just sitting there for hours or trying to catch frogs and snakes lol When I did watch tv I really liked old sonic the hedgehog and Rokos modern life lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Would it be terribly clichéd to say MacGuyver...? :D
Also, Star Trek:TNG and before that, when I was younger, animated shows like The Animals of Farthing Wood. There was also one with people on a ship and a friendly killer whale and one that had floating cities and dragons. Don't remember what they were called, though. Oh, almost forgot Dragonball (no Z, thank you ;) That's much better as a manga)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts