Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Probably something like that.
The ones with most extroversion, would probably ramble and say what everyone would be thinking and presumably everyone would speak about what is being discussed on this forum

·
Registered
36 Posts
A couple INTPs with shared interest like anime, would huddle together in a group discussing stuff while others would just be sitting around on their technology silently listing to the conversation, eventually a discussion would arise that everyone would get involved in sharing their opinions but of course the sound level wouldn't reach that high, then some INTPs would start using Fi and then it would start getting really interesting. By the end of the night everyone would be tired but satisfied and feel a sense of kinship with the other INTPs. Or else everyone would get along great from the get go, since everyone would be INTP, and everyone would start many interesting discussions. Of course this is purely just speculation on my part but that's what I believe would happen.

·
Registered
INTP
630 Posts
I've been to a party where a game of chess broke out and everyone stopped what they were doing to watch. I suspect an INTP party would be similar.

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
How much hilarity would ensue at the creative combinations of the cards dealt playing Cards Against Humanity with a group of INTP's....

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
A library

·
Registered
50 Posts
I sort of have been to one, not all would have been INTP's, but they were definitely introverts.

It was exactly what you expect, a large group of drunk people ended up forming teams to play Risk, which turned into two people arguing that the Urals region was too far east on the board and that too much of Russia was in Europe. This THEN turned into people arguing about why Denmark is in the northern Europe region and not the Scandinavia region, and from then on a general, drunken history debate with brief interludes of actual game playing.

Several hours (and an uncountable number of alcoholic drinks later) the winning team was the team with that one guy who had slowly been only drinking beer the entire night :tongue:

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
No amount of alcohol will even come close to compensating for one iota of being subjected to such a high concentration of borderline-deliberate social ineptitude.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
-Most might not attend.
-The highly introverted ones would probably not say anything.
-The assertive ones (like me) would initiate something, like "let's watch an anime on the big screen."
-Video games, pizza, music (no dancing though), etc.
-Great cooperation when deciding what to play, what to order, why, etc.

I think it'd be great.

I would personally like a bunch of INFJ women to join the party.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
No amount of alcohol will even come close to compensating for one iota of being subjected to such a high concentration of borderline-deliberate social ineptitude.
If the INTPs knew that the others are also INTPs, think like them etc, they might just become twice as fun as they usually are. I definitely wouldn't go to an INTP party, but a get together with video games, anime, pizza etc. I would definitely attend.

·
Banned
7,396 Posts
If the INTPs knew that the others are also INTPs, think like them etc, they might just become twice as fun as they usually are. I definitely wouldn't go to an INTP party, but a get together with video games, anime, pizza etc. I would definitely attend.
Yeah, I agree it'd be nice to come to a party full of people who generally have the same hobbies and interests as you. I would just be simultaneously dreading some of the more... how should I say, extreme ends of the spectrum.

You ever been to a party and there's that one guy who tries to sound smart/snarky, but just ends up pissing everyone off? Even if he actually had some good humor on him, but he took it way too far?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Great cooperation when deciding what to play, what to order, why, etc.
Maybe I just know some especially indecisive INTP's, but whenever it is just the four of us, cooperation is kind of the problem. Nobody wants to make the final decision and everyone is just okay with whatever outcome. If there is no prior plan for the evening it takes hours to even finally decide on something to eat.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Yeah, I agree it'd be nice to come to a party full of people who generally have the same hobbies and interests as you. I would just be simultaneously dreading some of the more... how should I say, extreme ends of the spectrum.

You ever been to a party and there's that one guy who tries to sound smart/snarky, but just ends up pissing everyone off? Even if he actually had some good humor on him, but he took it way too far?
Yeah. We'd just have to be brutally honest and tell him he's coming off as desperate/insecure. That should shut him up and make him overthink for the next few hours.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Maybe I just know some especially indecisive INTP's, but whenever it is just the four of us, cooperation is kind of the problem. Nobody wants to make the final decision and everyone is just okay with whatever outcome. If there is no prior plan for the evening it takes hours to even finally decide on something to eat.
Actually, I take what I said back. When I spoke about cooperation, I spoke about "what pizzas and how many to order when there are 12 vegetarians and 4 meat lovers" and that kind of shit. The indecisiveness would run wild. Sometimes, ironically, the polar opposite might happen with some stubborn motherfuckers wanting to do different things.

It'd still be more fun than most parties.

·
Registered
596 Posts
it would be like MTG
like science museum
like LAN party party

1 - 20 of 34 Posts