Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would they be alright being completely alone, get bored, and befriend animals? (Snow White, eat your heart out :p) Would they develop severe schizophrenia? (Just playing :p) Or would they become very introverted and use Fi more and become an INFP? Well, that goes against all MBTI laws to change your type, but I don't quite believe all of them because remember, black holes were once thought impossible. So yeah.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
I'd defiantly go insane and start talking to myself, if i knew i was going to be alone all that time i'd just not evne waste any time before i started talking to myself and shit. I'd also grow a big beard

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I already talk to myself on a pretty regular basis lol, so I assume that would be a trait which would exaggerate itself in me. Tbh, as long as I had books, I reckon I'd make a pretty good stab at existence by myself....

·
Banned
1,089 Posts
I don't think you're ever alone in the woods. There's constant nonhuman action and I'm a huge animal lover. They're like people, but better. Of course you'd have to catch them and eat them to survive...

My favorite vacations are of the camping variety and I feel really peaceful in the wilderness in a way that I don't otherwise overall. I don't know if this would wear off after a while and I would go crazy for lack of conversation or if I would be the happiest person in the world. Starvation is a real threat, as is exposure. But I do have some skills and could give it a decent go if it came down to it.

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
I don't think you're ever alone in the woods. There's constant nonhuman action and I'm a huge animal lover. They're like people, but better. Of course you'd have to catch them and eat them to survive...

My favortite vacations are of the camping variety and I feel really peaceful in the wilderness in a way that I don't otherwise overall. I don't know if this would wear off after a while and I would go crazy for lack of conversation or if I would be the happiest person in the world. Starvation is a real threat, as is exposure. But I do have some skills and could give it a decent go if it came down to it.
Yes, lots of camping here too...a lot of respect for nature and animals, even hunted animals. The men in my family made it a point to make sure we understood the animals were not hunted just for a kill or trophy. I could make it in the wild as long as I found or created someone to talk to :)

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I would talk to myself, and then if I would try socializing with the animals and would try to understand what they say,I would climb the trees..but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to stay there forever, but for an adventure..definitely YES!

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Same thing I do outside the forest... die slowly...

possibly a lot slower though. and in the meantime while I am dying I would get adjusted to nature and probably go mental, as is expected if you are the only human there. If possible I would roll with the chimps :) woods do have chimps right? D:

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'd be quite content once I got my base camp together and learned how to fish and hunt. But I'm going to ignore that whole practical side... Would be lonely but I'm creative and could find some games to play :) Love picking wild mushrooms and berries and I know my plants really well. The forest has a spirit I feel connected to and always love just being in there. As long as no cougars or bear problems or those damn raccoons!

Extraverted doesn't always have to mean interacting with people. It is the outside world too.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
How did I miss this thread? Lol. Epic.

Have you ever read ''Hatchet?'' that has some good survival skill stuff.

I don't think this kind of question really suits a particular type.

I wouldn't bother befriending animals, because they don't speak any human languages, except for certain birds, but they only mimic what they have heard people saying. Oh, and I guess gorillas(?) can be taught sign language, but I can't imagine the conversations with them would be particulary interesting. They would probably just be like ''I'm thirsty. Glass of milk please'' or ''I want my toy''. It would be like talking to a toddler. A very slow toddler.

If I was alone in the woods for the rest of my life, I would be sad about not having a husband or kids, but happy to have my very own woods. I would imagine an amazing treehouse to live in, but would give up in despair, due to my lack of building skills, and end up sleeping under a giant leaf. I would learn how to eat bugs or dirt, because I don't like the idea of killing my own meat, and I would bathe naked under the waterfalls. I would collect berries and make daisy chains and get very good at climbing trees. I would probably also spend all my time talking to God, and inventing imaginary friends because I would get very lonely.

·
Banned
4,611 Posts
Strangely enough, this is something I've really wanted to experience. Not for the rest of my life, but for maybe six months.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Ok, I often wondered how I would do if we lived out in the country somewhere. Sometimes I crave just wanting to get AWAY from EVERYONE. But the truth is that I know all my neighbors and my house is grand central station.

I think I would adapt to being in the woods forever, but not easily. Can I at least have books to read or something?

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Probably after a few months I would be actively seeking nightlock. Sounds more pleasant than the alternatives.

1- Die from a bear
2- Die from starvation
3- Die from cold
4- Die from dehydraton
5- Die from infection

And other lovely ways I would likely end up croaking if I was alone in the woods for the rest of my life.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts