Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How This Works:
  • Reply with an item an ENTP can do something with.
  • Explain what an ENTP would do and why.
  • The item must be something that can be physically or digitally manipulated.
  • Don't list people as items.

For Example:
...butter and powdered sugar.
An ENTP would use the butter and powdered sugar to make frosting because ENTPs like to combine two good things together in order to make something better.

Well, let's get started!

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
now that's funny!!!!

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Wikipedia. Change little facts (units, or orders of magnitude, date, name), share it with friends to see if it gets traction.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I'm sorry but to an ENTP people are things and we love to play with them. Manipulation is life.
Sure I manipulate (aka screw with) people, but they are not things, well unless you're Jeffery Dalmer. Have you no empathy?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sure I manipulate (aka screw with) people, but they are not things, well unless you're Jeffery Dalmer. Have you no empathy?
I was just kidding! Of course they aren't things. Sometimes I have tested as an ENFP so I assure you that I am merely an empathetic person with a dry sense of humor. However, let's be honest here... We like to argue with and manipulate everything somehow and what better vessel than an actual human?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I was just kidding! Of course they aren't things. Sometimes I have tested as an ENFP so I assure you that I am merely an empathetic person with a dry sense of humor. However, let's be honest here... We like to argue with and manipulate everything somehow and what better vessel than an actual human?
All good. Reflecting figuratives as literals is something I do.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
I'm sorry but to an ENTP people are things and we love to play with them. Manipulation is life.
1 - People are social things until proven otherwise and a social contract can't be modified without mutual, informed consent. Understanding and embodying the nature of society are two inextricable aspects of a same process. Being NE dom gives an advantage on this matter, so it cannot be the reason for your social tardiness. I'm sorry but to me you just are just immature and eventually a sociopath.

2 - Manipulating one's environment to fit one's needs is opposed to the NTP process.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - People are social things until proven otherwise and a social contract can't be modified without mutual, informed consent. Understanding and embodying the nature of society are two inextricable aspects of a same process. Being NE dom gives an advantage on this matter, so it cannot be the reason for your social tardiness. I'm sorry but to me you just are just immature and eventually a sociopath.

2 - Manipulating one's environment to fit one's needs is opposed to the NTP process.
Sarcasm :/

·
Registered
124 Posts
So this was also sarcasm?

From now on I'll take everything you say sarcastically.
That was a pragmatic and objective viewpoint on the extreme of the ENTP personality type; a mockery of a common stereotype. While that wasn't sarcasm, it wasn't a serious remark. I have a dry sense of humor that I don't really connect to personal emotions and if you haven't realized this already, I'm not a serious person at all, unlike you apparently. You really do strike me as an ENFJ or something if you really find it that hard to separate emotions from dry, empty remarks. Sure call me an immature sociopath if you want. That's your opinion and I will respect it and not criticize you for holding it. I wish that you had the same mutual respect for me though, instead of trying to label me like a soup can just because my sense of humor is very different from yours. What I don't understand is what you're trying to prove here. That I'm a sociopath? I'm not aggressively opposing it, like you seem to think I am.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts

I'm sorry but to me you just are just immature and eventually a sociopath.

FIrst and foremost, I saw the first part of what I quoted as a personal attack, and COMPLETELY uncalled for.

On the second part, depends on enneagram. I'm an 8. I have a STRONG drive to control my environment, and I will in fact cause things to change. There are other enneagram types which are much more laid back and almost "observer like."

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
@WeirderThanYou It must be convenient to take nothing seriously, especially when one can't handle emotionally a blame... you're never wrong, just not serious. Thus everyone who takes you seriously is wrong and irrational. Funny defence mechanism... but not being serious doesn't discharge you of your claims. You're not entitled to say that X is a manipulator without consequences.

There isn't one extreme of the ENTP personality, as N reinforces P (higher tolerance for uncertainty) whereas T reinforces J (lower tolerance). High N performances thus imply an emotional implication and higher consciousness. Which is my case. However, I'm calling you a moral retard as it's the only logical possibility based on your behavior. If you perceive it as an emotional-driven reaction, it's just a projection of your own. Anyways, the less emotional isn't the most rational, your poker face is irrelevant.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
what a very strange comment for an ENTP.
It was sarcastic. Very meta, I know.

On the second part, depends on enneagram.
How can it depend on the enneagram ? There's no concrete relation between those theories.

----

And you know what, speaking of type 8, it's the typical problem here. Those closer to J tend to control this subforum to impose themselves as the standard. They built the myth of the "Joker" ENTP over the years and defend it vehemently to standardize their flaws. Funnily, the weakest Ns ended up calling the shots. Which makes some proportional sense. If da Vinci was here, I guess he would also be called ENFJ lol

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
How can it depend on the enneagram ? There's no concrete relation between those theories.

----

And you know what, speaking of type 8, it's the typical problem here. Those closer to J tend to control this subforum to impose themselves as the standard. They built the myth of the "Joker" ENTP over the years and defend it vehemently to standardize their flaws. Funnily, the weakest Ns ended up calling the shots. Which makes some proportional sense. If da Vinci was here, I guess he would also be called ENFJ lol
well..... the COMBINATION of the two within any particular person can be predictive in behavior. So, an ENTP 8 will act differently than an ENTP 7 vs an ENTP 5.

One interesting tidbit. As you so repetitively point out, ENTP's lead with Ne. Our second function is Ti. What you call "weak" N is actually strong Ne. You COMPLETELY gloss over Ti.

IF you are interested in talking more about these functions, please start a new thread and invite me over!

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
18,678 Posts
The OP sounds more like an INTP than an ENTP: He's way too analytical and serious. ENTPs generally have a hard time taking themselves seriously, let alone anyone else.

Reactions: WeirderThanYou

·
Registered
124 Posts
@WeirderThanYou It must be convenient to take nothing seriously, especially when one can't handle emotionally a blame... you're never wrong, just not serious. Thus everyone who takes you seriously is wrong and irrational. Funny defence mechanism... but not being serious doesn't discharge you of your claims. You're not entitled to say that X is a manipulator without consequences.

There isn't one extreme of the ENTP personality, as N reinforces P (higher tolerance for uncertainty) whereas T reinforces J (lower tolerance). High N performances thus imply an emotional implication and higher consciousness. Which is my case. However, I'm calling you a moral retard as it's the only logical possibility based on your behavior. If you perceive it as an emotional-driven reaction, it's just a projection of your own. Anyways, the less emotional isn't the most rational, your poker face is irrelevant.
You do realize that I never explicitly said that I was right and you were wrong, right? If you're going to say that I 'implied' something just know that implications are solely based on assumptions. In terms of me being a 'moral retard', I have never said that it wasn't a possibility. Perhaps that is true. Perhaps I'm a psychopath. You may be right about the sociopath thing. What I really don't get is what you're trying to do here. Accuse me of those things so that I feel like crap? Well I suggest you try that another way because a. I'm an ENTP and these things don't make us plunge into depression and b. I'm not even in denial of those things. Look if you're really that moral-oriented, you're probably an Fe dom. So why don't you just state your intentions? What do you hope on gaining from this whole argument? What is the point of this? This obviously isn't for fun (usually why ENTPs argue) because your ire is VERY obvious to everyone here. @tanstaafl28 knows what he's talking about in terms of how seriously ENTPs take the world.

I just thought you should know that though you seem to try to sound all 'morally correct with a cause', you amuse me because of how illogical this whole thing is. What are we even arguing about?

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
18,678 Posts
You do realize that I never explicitly said that I was right and you were wrong, right? If you're going to say that I 'implied' something just know that implications are solely based on assumptions. In terms of me being a 'moral retard', I have never said that it wasn't a possibility. Perhaps that is true. Perhaps I'm a psychopath. You may be right about the sociopath thing. What I really don't get is what you're trying to do here. Accuse me of those things so that I feel like crap? Well I suggest you try that another way because a. I'm an ENTP and these things don't make us plunge into depression and b. I'm not even in denial of those things. Look if you're really that moral-oriented, you're probably an Fe dom. So why don't you just state your intentions? What do you hope on gaining from this whole argument? What is the point of this? This obviously isn't for fun (usually why ENTPs argue) because your ire is VERY obvious to everyone here. @tanstaafl28 knows what he's talking about in terms of how seriously ENTPs take the world.
And this shows the typical intellectual irreverence that is at the heart of every ENTP. We fly by the seat of our pants and laugh at the metaphorical whoopie cushion he just placed under the OP's bum.

Reactions: drmiller100
1 - 20 of 36 Posts