Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I am new here, stumbled over Personality Cafe today and I am pretty glad I did! Great place - have to say!

Ok, to the issue. I need your advice/help. I am 30 yrs old, recently came back from spiritual trip to India (changed a lot inside) and now I am looking for real job (not like before) where I could grow in a long term towards my inner stability, happiness and independency.

I went through a lot of tests and pages lately figured out I have this characteristics:
ENFP 7w8 sx (trifix is 7w8, 3w2, 9w8) (and it is pretty accurate)

And therefore: What would be the BEST suitable job for me?

I am not sure what it would be because in today's world companies want anyone just not my personality (I feel like it)... Oh yes and I tend to underestimate myself - lack of working experience - have to start ASAP.

If you need anything more to know ask me! And thank you to you all! God bless you!

EDIT: I just realised I am not pure ENFP, so this is the ratio: E77%, N66%, F72%, P79%..

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
It completely depends on you and your experiences.. Thing is, regardless of your personality type, there are things that you are going to have been exposed to, and therefore have a greater skill-set for. The younger you are, the more inclination, suitability and skill you will develop from the things that you experience. Of course there are many jobs that an ENFP 7w8 is particularly suited for, usually involving improvisation, creativity and people-relations.. but the "best" single vocation for you? It completely depends. Also, *facepalm* on the "pure ENFP" notion. You either are an ENFP or you aren't- black and white not shades of grey. Online tests are heavily flawed and should be taken with a pick-up truck of salt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response..

Of course there are many jobs that an ENFP 7w8 is particularly suited for, usually involving improvisation, creativity and people-relations..
Ok, I get that in general.. So what jobs would that be in general for ENFP 7w8? Actor? HR worker? Firefighter?

Also, *facepalm* on the "pure ENFP" notion. You either are an ENFP or you aren't- black and white not shades of grey. Online tests are heavily flawed and should be taken with a pick-up truck of salt.
Like... really? It is like you would say "yeah I am a pure phlegmatic but not a choleric at all, don't say that or I punch you!".. I mean everybody is a mix... I understand the percentage is not accurate from those online tests, but it can be taken approximately.. I alone see myself acting like ENFP in one moment and then like ENTJ in other, when I have to make decisions.. Everybody is a mix..

·
Registered
640 Posts
Like... really? It is like you would say "yeah I am a pure phlegmatic but not a choleric at all, don't say that or I punch you!".. I mean everybody is a mix... I understand the percentage is not accurate from those online tests, but it can be taken approximately.. I alone see myself acting like ENFP in one moment and then like ENTJ in other, when I have to make decisions.. Everybody is a mix..
You are still missing something here.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Ok, I get that in general.. So what jobs would that be in general for ENFP 7w8? Actor? HR worker? Firefighter?

I'm so annoyed with how mbti is portrayed on the internet and even many books I've read, because its concept revolves around function order not letters. It just creates a never ending stream of new people who have completely the wrong concept in their heads. I was exactly the same when I first got interested in it. I should probably just not even bother at this point, but I find myself explaining over and over about 30-40 times by now because I want people to understand properly.

mbti =/= behaviour. mbti only = function process and order of preference for functions. Behaviour is just a "trend" or by product that can emerge from certain processes of thinking, rather than something defining types by itself. Also, taking your example, when you are "being an ENTJ".. That's just fundamentally not possible. You don't use Ni, at least very very rarely, so you're just not an ENTJ in any situation ever, end of story. However, what do you have as a tertiary?- Te. The use of Te is essentially the same for every type- although there are some considerations about how it relates to particular types' other function preferences. Also, an ENTJ who uses Te will have a different closer/maturer relationship to it than an ENFP who only has it as a tertiary. This is 99% most likely why you are drawing parallels between your own behaviour/thought as an ENFP and an ENTJ's

Bearing in mind this is only about 2% of the writing I would need to do to actually explain what mbti actually is, and how you can actually read what is going on with your personality/thought-process with regard to your type. Not even scratching the surface.

In general for ENFPs- jobs are just going to be creative/spontaneous type jobs requiring insight into people, while not having too much rigidity and organization typically. So marketing, acting, PR, comedian, psychology academic, etc. In general as long as it isn't to rigid and has an element of creativity and relating to people- it's going to be your own experiences in life like I said before that will guide the best choice for you more than mbti type. Like.. People can recommend things in general, but that general bracket will still be very big.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mbti =/= behaviour. mbti only = function process and order of preference for functions. Behaviour is just a "trend" or by product that can emerge from certain processes of thinking, rather than something defining types by itself. Also, taking your example, when you are "being an ENTJ".. That's just fundamentally not possible. You don't use Ni, at least very very rarely, so you're just not an ENTJ in any situation ever, end of story. However, what do you have as a tertiary?- Te. The use of Te is essentially the same for every type- although there are some considerations about how it relates to particular types' other function preferences. Also, an ENTJ who uses Te will have a different closer/maturer relationship to it than an ENFP who only has it as a tertiary. This is 99% most likely why you are drawing parallels between your own behaviour/thought as an ENFP and an ENTJ's
I get your point, I think... You're talking about personal setup or order of using internal tools everybody has in common - Feeling, Thinking, Intuition and Sensing, do I get it right? I don't have 15 posts, so I can't upload an image I'd like to post here, but you can google it "MBTI Backward time machine", first picture. Is this what you mean?

But then how it is possible, that people take tests let's say few times in few years and their results differ?

In general for ENFPs- jobs are just going to be creative/spontaneous type jobs requiring insight into people, while not having too much rigidity and organization typically. So marketing, acting, PR, comedian, psychology academic, etc. In general as long as it isn't to rigid and has an element of creativity and relating to people- it's going to be your own experiences in life like I said before that will guide the best choice for you more than mbti type. Like.. People can recommend things in general, but that general bracket will still be very big.
Yeah, this sounds about right..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You are still missing something here.
What do you mean? Link, picture or text maybe? It is easy to pick on somebody just saying "Ye got it wrong dude!" without giving explanation, this doesn't help. So stand up and speak or sit down and shut up... nothing personal, it is my own saying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, I found Cognitive Quiz and the results say that my Fe is very developed, others are moderate and Te is low. So I feel caught up between ENFP and ENFJ..

I don't feel to be ESFJ, because I am not that care-giving and traditional. I know that I have people skills, I am very diplomatic and feel how to emotionally smooth people when in alive debate.. But I also have this brainstorming skill of coming up with new ideas as Ne refers to.

On introvert side I feel slightly more Fi than Ni. I am Electrotechnical Engineer, I needed analysis a lot in my life.. FeFi is thou not possible, but still feel I am somewhere in the middle between ENFP and ENFJ..

So my question is if it is possible that during your lifetime you can change your personality? In my case from ENFP to ENFJ? For example if one has tough time when he was a kid and had to bury his feelings to the ground for a long time and now he is "waking up"? I mean it is possible that thanks to your childhood experience you can find yourself temporarily in a different personality? Or it can really change?

EDIT: Also I made Traitify test which works with the pictures (very pleasant, more than text) and the result was Mentor/Visionary.

·
Registered
640 Posts
What do you mean? Link, picture or text maybe? It is easy to pick on somebody just saying "Ye got it wrong dude!" without giving explanation, this doesn't help. So stand up and speak or sit down and shut up... nothing personal, it is my own saying.
"It just creates a never ending stream of new people who have completely the wrong concept in their heads."

Look Tridentus is making the effort. I've already written my opinion many times. YOU can do some reading, I'll reproduce things that have already been said when I feel happy to do so.

You talk as if from a perspective of being informed or having some knowledge on the subject, when in fact you do not even understand the fundamentals.

I said you are missing something. Which means go read, and then come back and give your perspective on the actual information.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Let me explain the idea in another way.

I am training to be a Magician. It's a mix of showmanship, creativity, people skills, and works without a rigid schedule. (Not to mention it uses a lot of math and science I have always enjoyed)

These are all things that appeal to me and finding them in 1 job is amazing to me and I can't wait for the day I can say so long to my day job and do it full time.

Now then you are not me. You might not have had the exposure when you were younger to develop the skill set in that area.

More than likely with your personality things that you value will be creative in nature, will push boundaries, be ever changing, and let you interact with people. That's the basics of what most ENFP's value in their work.

Now then your actual actions and skills are going to vary and you might need to pick up some new skills to be truly happy where you work. There isn't a magical catch all that's right for every ENFP because every ENFP is different. Every INTJ is different, every ENTJ is different. The MBTI, like the commentors above stated, has to do with a values statement, not a prescription. There are things that you will probably enjoy more than others. Like you are likely to enjoy a field which is more fluid than it is set in stone. You are more likely to enjoy working with people than alone. You are more likely to enjoy something that lets you be creative than something that requires you to "Put peg A into slot B".

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
Pimp. Go for it bro

1 - 12 of 12 Posts