Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Banned
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this question has already been asked, if so, sorry! But I'm just curious :)

Would it be....

All out psych-fest?

...Massive hugathon?

...or just plain shenanigans?

:tongue:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'd wonder where you'd found all these people, and where they came from, and what's their motive...
I'd feel like apart of a social experiment at first... Then I'd observe everyone, and find the discussion most in tune to me.
How it would end up? No clue.
This one made me laugh. I for one would definitely wonder about the motive of the persons around me.

If it does turn out to be a real all INFJ gathering - I think it should turn out to be quite a warm place to be in, but if it runs longer than 'a while'*, everyone would have to be given their 'private space' :D

*I guess we all know when the 'a while' is reached, even with the best of friends.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I would some how sneak in...im a natural chameleon so shud be easy enough, and then i shall be in heaven, Everyone knows INFJ's are the most interesting people in the world.......

edit: interesting sounds rather dull and boring, i mean amazing and wonderful.....

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yet I(and probably many others) feel like I/we are the most boring persons ever. But we don't hear the contrast enough. :)
It's your thoughts and opinions, i agree with most of the things INFJ's say, it looks like we are so very similar, but yet i can also see the different ways we have both come to those conclusions.

It makes for intertesting discussions, we have enough opinions that are similar. to get on well, but still have different things to say reguarding the same subjects and topics. so no conflict but i still gets loads of different views and opinions to listen to, which gives me a different perspective on matters

Reactions: Donovan and setzer

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's your thoughts and opinions, i agree with most of the things INFJ's say, it looks like we are so very similar, but yet i can also see the different ways we have both come to those conclusions.

It makes for intertesting discussions, we have enough opinions that are similar. to get on well, but still have different things to say reguarding the same subjects and topics. so no conflict but i still gets loads of different views and opinions to listen to, which gives me a different perspective on matters
Brilliant. Yeah, a one sided discussion isn't much of a discussion anyway. It's preaching to the choir.

·
Registered
709 Posts
-World Peace (As opposed to INTJ: Global Domination)
-The Ending of Global Hunger
-Homes for all the Homeless Domestic Animals
-Death Stare Showdowns
-Mind-Reading
-Lots of Coffee/Tea

More seriously though, I feel there would be a mutual air of understand in the room. Even with differing opinions, backgrounds, enneagrams, intensity of MBTI preferences (ex. 100% F vs 55% F), and such, the ability to see where someone else is coming from quickly would be a refreshing change.

It would, from the outside, probably look like a gathering of a bunch of extroverts.

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
I've never known another INFJ irl that I'm aware of, so I couldn't really imagine how things would go for a whole room full. It wouldn't surprise me to find that it takes place in one of those 'net cafes or something though, since we seem to have a preference for communication through writing over verbal. :eek:) Well, I do, anyway.

I'm pretty self conscious when I'm talking. I'm very much aware of all the times I end up pausing, not to mention when I fumble for the right words to get my points across and such.

Am I the only one interested in getting a hug from another INFJ though? :eek:) I've noticed that different types of people hug differently. Kinda curious about that.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I do know, that I would not ever feel the need to explain my motives for doing certain things or talking about certain things, because everyone would see all the possible reasons I may be doing/thinking/talking about certain things.

It would be nice to comfortably do what I want without explaining my self.

I've only met one other person that was INFJ and was aware of it.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Am I the only one interested in getting a hug from another INFJ though? :eek:) I've noticed that different types of people hug differently. Kinda curious about that.
once I went out with an INFJ it ended for lifestyle differences one being that he was a heavy smoker and I'm allergic to second hand smoke :/
but being with him was like a dream....I'm trying to explain....it's like
I had gone out with a lot of different people...none of them really hugged or kissed me the way to which I wanted to be

but that guy did :/ like we had the same perspective on how those things should be...

for other people it may have seemed overly affectionate

MY husband is an ISFJ who loves me more than anything - however it took training to get the amount of affection I needed

.... INFJs tend to be overly affectionate

·
Registered
629 Posts
I laughed when I saw the title of this thread. What a funny thought! :)

This is how I see it play out...

Seeing as 20% of people are HSPs (Highly Sensitive People), but most HSPs are introverted intuitive types, I would be willing to bet that a high percentage of the INFJs in the room would be either HSPs or at least somewhat sensitive.
Because of that, I think that there would be a calm, respectful tone in the room. Each person would be scanning the others and judging the emotional climate of the room.

I think the most extroverted INFJs would make an effort to connect with others, and the more introverted ones would wait to be connected with. And then they would group together in comfortable but small groups and attempt to connect with eachother on a deep level.

Subjects discussed would likely include relationships, theories, religion, or psychology....maybe even cute animals. :) haha
There would probably be several pauses and silences within the conversations, but they would be accepted for deeper reflection.

There wouldn't likely be conflict or disagreements or debates, unless there were a few unhealthy or "shadow" INFJs in the group...in which case I think most would retreat and avoid the conflict, for whom others would step in and be the defenders.

I'd really like to see this scenario in real life, by the way.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
It would never happen.
We'd all stand in the corners/along the walls watching each other until we got comfortable enough to talk or uneasy enough to bail.
I'd probably be one of the first to leave, as I hate large group settings.

Twitch

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
-World Peace (As opposed to INTJ: Global Domination)-Or global destruction like this next friday
-The Ending of Global Hunger-We'd feed everyone popcorn and soda as we watch the world burn
-Homes for all the Homeless Domestic Animals-when the humans are gone, there will be plenty of shelter for the animals
-Death Stare Showdowns-yessssssss
-Mind-Reading-I predict lots of "Shut up!" and "Stop reading my mind! You're creeping me out!" occurring
-Lots of Coffee/Tea-I love tea :kitteh:

More seriously though, I feel there would be a mutual air of understand in the room. Even with differing opinions, backgrounds, enneagrams, intensity of MBTI preferences (ex. 100% F vs 55% F), and such, the ability to see where someone else is coming from quickly would be a refreshing change.

It would, from the outside, probably look like a gathering of a bunch of extroverts.-Possibly, or it could be the most awkward gathering ever
Replies/retorts in Red :tongue:

Twitch

·
Fu Dominant
10,720 Posts
.... INFJs tend to be overly affectionate
... with people they're comfortable around. And they can appear cold or aloof to strangers. ;o)

I'm sorry to hear about the heavy smoking. That must've sucked. :eek:( I'm not the healthiest person around, but I don't drink, smoke, or use drugs because I'm fully aware of the effects it has on others. I'm pretty sure I couldn't even be around a heavy smoker just in terms of friendship, let alone romance. That must've been... difficult.

Reactions: dirtrider146
1 - 20 of 83 Posts