Personality Cafe banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you could change any one thing about yourself what would it be? Anything? Whether it would be physically, emotionally, personality wise, whatever, but you can only pick one thing.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'd love to be able to... sense? how I come across to other people/how do they see me. I'm a little tired of being seen as uncaring and arrogant...

Hmmmmmmm... I guess I would like to be more internally motivated. If I set goals for myself that nobody will see the outcome of, I don't care as much as goals I set that can be "shown off." Does that make sense?
And that as well.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmmmmm... I guess I would like to be more internally motivated. If I set goals for myself that nobody will see the outcome of, I don't care as much as goals I set that can be "shown off." Does that make sense?
Makes perfect sense! Don't forget I'm an ennea 3, apparently that's exactly what drives us :)

Reactions: MyDarkAngel

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd love to be able to... sense? how I come across to other people/how do they see me. I'm a little tired of being seen as uncaring and arrogant...

And that as well.
This is a good one too, many times I think I'm misunderstood. I am terrible at sensing what people are feeling. I do care, but I think it comes across as I dont.

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
I thought it through, and I wouldn't change anything.

If you change one thing, you change the whole thing. Whatever I changed would have a ripple effect on everything else. I've seen enough time travel movies to know that's not going to end well ;)

I'll stick with what I've got.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Mortality <10 char>

Reactions: Sovereign

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Not to be needlessly nerdy here, but if Dragon Balls existed, I'd collect them. lol Immortality would be just fine, thanks.

Reactions: Thomas60

·
fire breathing dragon
2,810 Posts
I have thought about it as well. I wouldn't change anything. As I grow older, I find that I like myself just the way I am. I used to hate how tall I was, but now I like it. Being average height is well..average. I used to hate how high my forehead was until I realized that it worked really well with my large eyes and high cheekbones. I used to think that my personality was unlikable until I realized that no one else was sassier, more sarcastic and entertaining as I am. I also wouldn't change my cognitive function order. I like Ne Fi Te. I also like the 6 enneagram even if it is common. Wouldn't exchange it for any of the others. So, all in all I like myself. Im not perfect but perfection is boring anyway.

@2eng2009, I hope you're not thinking of changing anything. I told you, you are as perfect as it gets. You're one of the coolest male ENTJs on this whole site. :cool:

@n2freedom

I'll give you a pound of mine. There is more than enough to go around.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
@2eng2009, I hope you're not thinking of changing anything. I told you, you are as perfect as it gets. You're one of the coolest male ENTJs on this whole site. :cool:
Look, you can have Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. ENFPleasantly can have Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Im really, really short and sometimes when I am in the grocery store I find myself wishing I was taller. Forever I am saying "excuse me, can you get something down for me on the top shelf? Im too short and can't reach it". I watch to make sure I ask the tallest guy that comes by to make him feel useful and I try not to ask the shortest guy cause I don't want to embarrass him and put him in the same boat as I am. lol! Sometimes when I am in my own kitchen I wish I was taller. Im not as agile as I used to be. I used to be able to climb the counters but now I might throw my back out or something. So, while most of the time Im okay with being short there are times where I sure do wish I was taller. Or, that I was inspector gadget and had a "go-go gadget arm".

·
Chatterbox, MOTM August 2013
10,959 Posts
I have thought about it as well. I wouldn't change anything. As I grow older, I find that I like myself just the way I am. I used to hate how tall I was, but now I like it. Being average height is well..average. I used to hate how high my forehead was until I realized that it worked really well with my large eyes and high cheekbones. I used to think that my personality was unlikable until I realized that no one else was sassier, more sarcastic and entertaining as I am. I also wouldn't change my cognitive function order. I like Ne Fi Te. I also like the 6 enneagram even if it is common. Wouldn't exchange it for any of the others. So, all in all I like myself. Im not perfect but perfection is boring anyway.
As I grow older, I find that I like myself just the way I am.
Atta girl. Work with what you've got. I hear you. I'm broad shouldered and muscular. I finally realized that I was never going to be a petite little gymnast, I'm built more like Xena, Warrior Princess.

You know what's sexy? Confidence. Stand tall and walk into a room like you own it.

I realized that no one else was sassier, more sarcastic and entertaining as I am.
Ahem ... HELLO ?!?!? ...lol

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I have confidence and I walk into a room like I own it. I am very pleased with myself. I still want a cup size bigger boobs. And, really don't see the correlation about changing one thing about yourself and how much you like your self, how much confidence you have, or anything along those lines. It becomes a correlation when you tie yourself esteem to either the thing you want to change as in this case I don't have big boobs and I somehow tie my worth to it. And, or I go get a boob job and all of the sudden I think I'm the shit because I have big boobs and I somehow tie my worth to it.

So, yes I would still want a cup size bigger boobs. And, good thing he only said one thing...cause I would have some other things I would like to change also. Like if I could change my eyes, I would give myself thicker eye lashes.....that's why I where eyeliner. And, I would give myself more financial knowledge so that I could learn how to invest money and it make money for me hand over foot. But, now I'm just derailing the thread because OP said only one thing. :tongue:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.