Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would somebody have to do or say to you, to make you believe that you were being disrespected or that they were being rude? How would you react?

Would you consider it disrespectful if somebody called you a b*tch, in a playerful manner?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Not at all, I assume the role of the bitch.
I don't really know what would make me feel disrespected, but that feeling would probably turn into anger in a snap of a finger.
I'd go on the offensive.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Call me whatever, most of that I will own and take as a compliment.

If you are passive aggressive in any way around me it is highly annoying.

Saying "are you sure" can really get on my nerves in most contexts.

·
Registered
89 Posts
What would somebody have to do or say to you, to make you believe that you were being disrespected or that they were being rude? How would you react?

Would you consider it disrespectful if somebody called you a b*tch, in a playerful manner?
@sggirb

If the male counterpart of that word were used at me (a-hole, d**che), I probably will laugh it off. I am aware that I do not deliberately do things that will cause people to genuinely call me those names, but maybe with the way I joke around, it is entirely possible. Calling me names does not affect me at all, because I know who I am. It's very difficult for me to be offended.

Although if I were accused of something serious based on lies, it would be really offensive.

On another note, I think I take it into offense when people do not do their job as they are expected to do. For example, I am expecting an answer from a worker of a certain store, but in their laziness/lack of drive they will put in no effort to help me out. That to me is rude and disrespectful.

Or if people do not honor their commitments (like a time set for a meeting and whatnot), that would be rude. Being late is annoying, so they better have a good explanation. If it were due to something they could have totally avoided (by waking up early or writing it down to make sure they won't forget), I would be pissed, because they did not try hard enough to make it to the meeting.

In general, I react to these things by bringing up the issue in a poking manner, slightly making them uncomfortable. I want to see how they react when stressed, so that I can assess whether their reason/excuse is valid.

An apology/admission of a mistake will usually resolve the situation. If they repeat it, bye.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts

-No call/ no-show sets me off.
-Re-negging on plans (did I spell that correctly?)
-repeatedly making the same mistakes once you've been correctly shown the right way.
-intentionally taking my words out of context & using them for a counterargument.

-don't really care about being called a bitch, et. al.

ADDENDUM:

add to the aforementioned list...

-nagging me. God I cannot STAND nagging! No means no means no. Silence means no. ME TELLING YOU NO, means no. Then when I 'yell' at you, you get butthurt-- never stopping to realize it was YOU who offended ME in the first place with your nagging.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Now I see it above, nagging is something that drives me crazy as well.

But the biggest disrespect someone could possibly come up with, on first meetings for example, are touches that go beyond shaking hands twice a day, greeting and leaving. I do not want to be hugged, held hirmly, squeezed into my cute female cheeks and certainly people that ignore personal space just ask to get considered useless for any kind of further contact to me. Dancing is fine, everything else is not.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When people call me names I cannot care less. Call me anything- There is absolutely nothing verbal that can demoralize me.

-I percieve it as rude when people are unjustly arrogant, such as overexaggerating their own abilities or attempting to satisfy their superiority complex. I do not care about your abilities, unless it is relevant to the subject, or I deliberately asked a question regarding your skills.

-Anything that directly attacks my beliefs is a sign of disrespect.

In general, i react to rudeness and/or disrespect in two ways. I will either become cold and deny your existance(if it is a severe and prolonged act of disrespect) or I will make a sharp remark. The intensity of these reactions depend on the situation. I avoid showing any emotions directly, and sometimes I don't feel anything, but still feel the need to retalliate.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm not really easily offended by those sorts of things...
Its more about what you DO that would offend me... ie. if I deliberately request something and someone goes out of their way to indirectly change that without confronting me. Its disrespectful to go a roundabout way to solve a problem.
if someone makes an ignorant comment out of emotion and not logic, ie. "Yah well you did that horrible because ..." no real reason besides some emotional crap they stirred up. Like MrQuestion said, I'll take a strip off them with a very sharp tongue... if it continues I would limit the amount of interactions and allow my 8w7 to come out, and belittle them... LOL.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
If the one who calls me 'in playful manner' (playerful?) is not-- particularly close enough friend to do so/ do it out of the blue (not, say, after I exhibit some awful humor), I'll probably look at them weird. Wondering if they have a hidden/ negging agenda.

Most often, I feel disrespected when someone try to manipulate me, like, I want to laugh at their face and say "Too early 1000 years for that, Dear." and then I coil around a pagoda like the thousand years old snake I am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts