Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Text Font Black-and-white Illustration Photography

A Death Note is a notebook that magically kills anyone whose name is written in it, by a heart attack after 40 seconds, if the writer has the face of the victim in mind. Suppose a god of death left a Death Note on the ground, and you happen to find it. Nobody knows about it but you. Would you use it? If so, how? If not, what would you do with it?

For this thought experiment, we can ignore all the further complexities of the anime series.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Burn the hell out of that shit immediately. At the very least, speaking from a purely selfish point of view, regarding ONLY myself in all this, it eventually ended badly for someone far more intelligent than I, so I can't think of a scenario in which it would end well for me if I kept it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would not use it.

EDIT: Sorry Ryuk. You'll have to satiate your boredom elsewhere.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, just put it away for good. Causes more problems than it 'solves'.

And even if I found a way to use it without drawing suspicious attention, it'd probably be along the lines of hardly using it anyway.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I would clean the top 1% owning all property and destroy capitalism. Bank owners bye, bye. Also I would kill all people that do everything for profit only, I would leave only good people, I dont care it would cause genocides of probably even up to billion or more, I would just do it and see if the world would be a better place. Anyway the Bilderberg and its new world order plan would reduce population to 2 billions anyway.... But they would not remove the rich bastards that make the world shit, but the "poor people that are useless".

Hmm my plan would probably kill more people than most of you so far :shocked:

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hell yeah I'd use it. I'd wait for the next U.N. meeting then have an incident happen. after that I'd choose a prison gang and have them start a riot at every prison resulting in the worst prisoners being killed off. Then I'd go with Light's plan.

·
Registered
10,350 Posts
I'd keep hold of it just in case, but unless someone seriously threatened the entire world (or a very significant portion of it) I wouldn't use it. Bad things happen every day and one person can't stop that. Plus, killing should always be a final option. It's too extreme.

Reactions: Wolfrahm

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd probably laugh and look to return it to its owner, and when I found them suggest they speak with a counselor.
If no owner is found (presumably due to my lazy version of a search) , I'd probably place it in the lost and found on campus or throw it away.

I mean, if I'm being honest and realistic about it all.

edit: On second thought, I'd definitely make sure to alert someone with authority on campus about it too.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.