Personality Cafe banner

What would you do with your exact replica?

• Hook up

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Fight to the death

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Chat

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Hire yourselves out as a comedy duo

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Hell yeah, automatic best friend!

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Let Science perform experiments on you two

Votes: 6 15.0%
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let's say that Science has learned how to make an exact copy of any organism, complete with memories, scars, etc. All ethics aside, what would you do with this identical copy?

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Kill her, of course.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Divide and conquer! :crazy:

I would focus on my strengths. He would focus on our weaknesses. Every so often, we'd teach each other and switch roles. Theoretically we would skill-build in a specialized way, while ending up with a more generalist end-result (between the two of us).

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
Kill her...

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
A few things -

Hook up? So whoever would do this, you're basically having sex with your identical twin.
Fight to the death? Is there any reason why you would do this?
Let scientists perform experiments on the two of you? Why?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Spar (intellectually and physically), go to classes for each other then teach the other what we learned, spot each other when lifting weights (because I can never find anyone in the gym to do it), read books/watch movies/play games and then talk about it, and I guess essentially whatever brothers/friends would do. Seeing as I don't have close friends and don't have a brother, my list isn't very long.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A few things -

Hook up? So whoever would do this, you're basically having sex with your identical twin.
No, because this 'twin' is actually you (or it has the same body, brain wiring, personality etc. though a separate personality could conceivably develop due to the differences in your future experiences, it essentially you).

Fight to the death? Is there any reason why you would do this?
Because maybe you don't like having a copy of yourself. Or maybe it doesn't like feeling like 'just a copy' and wants to be a real boy/girl.

Let scientists perform experiments on the two of you? Why?
For SCIENCE, duh.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
No, because this 'twin' is actually you (or it has the same body, brain wiring, personality etc. though a separate personality could conceivably develop due to the differences in your future experiences, it essentially you).
So why bother having anything more than a platonic relationship with it? Wouldn't that be rather disturbing?

Because maybe you don't like having a copy of yourself. Or maybe it doesn't like feeling like 'just a copy' and wants to be a real boy/girl.
Fair enough.

For SCIENCE, duh.
What would be discovered if such experiments went ahead?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So why bother having anything more than a platonic relationship with it? Wouldn't that be rather disturbing?
If both your sex drives are high and you don't care about the squick, go ahead.

What would be discovered if such experiments went ahead?
I don't know, but people study all sorts of weird things in the name of science. Like fruit bat blow jobs.

Reactions: geGamedev

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
i could use the legit term of "my evil twin brother did it"

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Coerce her to get gender reassignment surgery, then have hot sex. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
world domination
definitely

1 - 20 of 54 Posts