Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know: what would you love someone to say to you? What parts of you would you most like to be complimented on?

It doesn't matter who it's from: friend, co-worker, classmate, boss, SO, random stranger in the street, but what are things that you would want to hear, things that you’d like most to be said to you?

Feel free to also add in things that have been said and that made your day when you heard them.

·
Registered
9,420 Posts
Something I was told the other day that completely floored me and really touched me at the same time: "I admire the fact that with you, what you see is what you get, and I admire the fact that you are so passionate about the things you care about. I wish that I could be more like that sometimes."

/faints/

This, coming from an INTP.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Call me shallow, but I honestly like it the most when someone compliments me on my looks. :wink:

EDIT - On second thought, unlike Flipit I like getting complimented on what I do, as opposed to who I am.
I've come to have a sneaking suspicion that I may not be a very 'typical' ISTJ. I struggle with punctuality, and I'm essentially a lazy-arse who only came so far because I willed myself to work (It's like pulling teeth, still.) Displaying a number of positive ISTJ traits is something I have to work on with conscious effort, so I appreciate it when someone notices.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Something that someone said really made my day today. She said "You do not settle for great you settle for perfect."

·
Registered
421 Posts
When my friends compliment me on my 'wisdom' when giving advice (but really it's just common sense) :crazy:

I guess comments on appearance would be appreciated if I viewed them as genuine (aka if I believed that they were not affected by 'rose tinted' glasses and were not saying it just to be polite).

I wouldn't say that I'd love to receive appearance-based compliments. I'd prefer to be complimented on my skills and/or work ethic over that any day.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
How about compliment me on things that are true, so that I know what you are saying is genuine and not just a false compliment. It would also give me pride to know that what values I work towards, people appreciate.

These are the things I have been told most frequently and I like:

You are quite mature for your age.

You have appreciable wisdom and philosohical discussions with you are always memorable.

Complements on my intellect.

Your eyes have great intensity as if they are saying something deep, though I can't tell what.:dry:

(And no, the big list doesn't mean I am needy.:wink:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
What I like to hear most of all, are things that compliment what I have done, and not anything really about me.

e.g. I set up a date for me and all my friends to go bowling (some live far away and I convinced them to get a night off for the event), and afterward I heard them say "Man this was fun, we need to do it again." I felt good that I did something worth doing, and even better that nothing was directed towards me. This doesn't really follow the thread though because no one is really saying anything to me >.<

·
Registered
295 Posts
"Come on, let's go buy you those shoes!" :laughing:

Reactions: Rhee, Sela and niss
1 - 16 of 16 Posts