Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know: what would you love someone to say to you? What parts of you would you most like to be complimented on?

It doesn't matter who it's from: friend, co-worker, classmate, boss, SO, random stranger in the street, but what are things that you would want to hear, things that you’d like most to be said to you?

Feel free to also add in things that have been said and that made your day when you heard them.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I know the kinds of things people have said that made me feel very good - statements about how hard I've worked, or that I'm someone to be admired for what I've accomplished. That I'm a good friend.

Reactions: vince9950

·
Registered
312 Posts
I really honestly would prefer absolute silence. Maybe... prolonged eye contact coupled with a subtle nod.

I already know how good I am when it comes to my strengths, so when they are acknowledged, it means nothing. I also know how sub-par I am at lots of other things, so when those things are praised, it bothers me and drives me to improve those things, not so the praise is justified, but because it reminds me about the thing I am not good enough at yet, for myself.

Understanding however... a comrade-like understanding of something that is so complete that no words are needed, and a glance and barely tangible nod are all that it takes to grant knowledge of the shared understanding.... now that is a beautiful thing.:proud:

·
Banned
605 Posts
What would you love someone to say to you?
"What are you thinking about?" Or something to that effect. This applies almost exclusively to offline women, however. Knowing she wants inside my head and is patient enough to succeed, would let me know she's interested, at least on some level. Asking how I'm feeling will likely cause the conversation to fall apart. Asking about mundane daily life details will probably result in both of us becoming very bored, very quickly.

I'll come back to this thread to elaborate. Excellent question!

What parts of you would you most like to be complimented on?
Compliments make me uncomfortable but that will be dealt with in time. Complimenting skill and intelligence should be the best, as that is what I tend to value the highest in myself. However, those two are also the areas I have the hardest time accepting compliments for. Appearance is the least valued, thus easiest to accept. That makes no sense, I know lol.

Expressing an interest in a project I'm working works best... as long as progress is being made.

I think the moral of this story is that complimenting me is complicated so it's best to just stick with the previous question. Lol.

·
Banned
1,105 Posts
Either silence or "I feel the same way about you." Obviously, the silence would be for general situations and the second option has a more specific place. Not interchangeable, the silence isn't as welcome in that circumstance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From someone whose opinion I value: "That is a truly unique solution which is brilliant in it's simplicity."

It's nice to be recognized when you know you did a job well. Not so much for the affirmation, but more to know that there are others out there who also recognize and value creative solutions.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Thank you.

·
Registered
347 Posts
"I'm sorry" when it should be said.

"You don't need to say you're sorry" when I didn't need to.

"I'm proud of you" from a SO or family member -- and only if it's true.

"What do you think?" from someone who believes that I would have something valuable to say.

"Fuck me" when I was going to (or already was) anyway.

·
Registered
726 Posts
(gets ready to unmask the masterminds) XD

You need only give them veracity because everything else is useless to them. Never forget that while the rest of the world might derive pleasure and comfort from fantasies and polite lies, an INTJ is driven to anger by humanity's subservience to such things. Hence the perception of brutality in their natures when they're forced to interact with people who need, crave or enjoy inauthenticity. Be someone who is authentic and then there isn't anything you could say that WOULDN'T be valued or enjoyed... You'll also, then, instinctively understand when your silence is what they crave most from you.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts