Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Out of curiosity, I'd like to know: what would you love someone to say to you? What parts of you would you most like to be complimented on?

It doesn't matter who it's from: friend, co-worker, classmate, boss, SO, random stranger in the street, but what are things that you would want to hear, things that you’d like most to be said to you?

Feel free to also add in things that have been said and that made your day when you heard them.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
That you love me as I am.... And find me smart instead of weird. Or you like me when I am "weird".

(This was more when younger, but still rings true)

Reactions: thegirlcandance

·
Registered
273 Posts
Some sort of constructive critique... *shrugs *
or maybe- IDK different things from different people...

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
"Keep talking, I like where this is going."

Especially if you've already touched 50 different subjects and have conversed about unicorns,business, penguins, robots, gender roles, education system, physics, etc...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
"You dont have to make a decision now".

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think one of the best compliments I've ever received was "You are one of the most badass women I've ever met".

I also gotta agree with SonicDrink and the "Keep going!" comment. I feel like I ramble a lot on intellectual topics that nobody else cares about, so its nice when somebody is genuinely interested.

·
Registered
733 Posts
"I like your random thoughts!"

In high school, my best friend was showing a new girl around one day. At one point, she left the new girl alone with me for a while. During that time I rambled about robotic tanks, how I would over throw Fidel Castro, building up my body against freezing temperatures, etc. She was astounded and disgusted at the same time by how my thoughts worked. When my best friend came back, the new girl told her "Have you heard some of the things he's been saying?!"

To which she responds with a smile "That's why we're best friends."

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare To die."
XD

As for flattery? "I love you" is sufficient.
Then you dont want to hear: "...There is something you should know.... I am not left handed!"...:)

I love you is quite as good as it gets.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
"I love you" is good enough for me, though perhaps I just haven't come upon enough resistance on other fronts as of yet.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Then you dont want to hear: "...There is something you should know.... I am not left handed!"...:)

I love you is quite as good as it gets.
yeah, and it doesn't even matter why they say I love you.

I love you...
(because I am your parents) - That's always comforting
(and by that I mean I admire you) - flattering
(because you are a superior specimen of human) - also flattering
(because your are particularly helpful) - I do appreciate it when people appreciate the things I do.
(because you are pretty) - inorite?
(platonic) - I love you too
(because you're special) - still flattering
(because I find your antics entertaining) - thanks bro

See? alway flattering.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
"Was it as good for you as it was for me?" is always a classic.....:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
for me personally, the best compliment is not what someone can say, it's who someone is and how they show that they appreciate me.

Firstly, I admire people who know themselves, know what they value, and are confident enough to act on it. So they're people who exercise taste and choice in their company and how they want to be treated. If I act like a dick and they have the balls to get mad at me and KNOW that they're right, rather than argue with me (which, let's face it, it's hard to win an argument with an ENTP), and if I'm forced to reflect and realize that they're right, RESPECT.

So rather than someone who tells me who I am, I respect someone who knows who they are and holds their ground well, not in terms of telling me what I should think, just someone who knows what THEY think. That way I can't mess with you, as many ENTPs like to do for fun and because we're bored.

Secondly, if such a person of taste were to hang out with me, and SHOW me they enjoy my company, by listening, laughing with me, and generally just contributing to our experience together, I take that as a satisfying compliment.

ENTPs don't need to be told all the time we're special. We know we're special ;) we just want to hang out and have our zany ideas appreciated by people we admire, especially people who are confident. If you know who you are and know what you like (ENTPs can judge others character and confidence levels pretty well), and you decide that I'm fascinating to have in your company, you don't have to say anything, just smile and have a good time with me, it's the most satisfying compliment I could get.

In fact too much complimenting and admiring of me will make me think you're brainless. interact with me! play with me! laugh with me!

·
Registered
691 Posts
for me personally, the best compliment is not what someone can say, it's who someone is and how they show that they appreciate me.

Firstly, I admire people who know themselves, know what they value, and are confident enough to act on it. So they're people who exercise taste and choice in their company and how they want to be treated. If I act like a dick and they have the balls to get mad at me and KNOW that they're right, rather than argue with me (which, let's face it, it's hard to win an argument with an ENTP), and if I'm forced to reflect and realize that they're right, RESPECT.

So rather than someone who tells me who I am, I respect someone who knows who they are and holds their ground well, not in terms of telling me what I should think, just someone who knows what THEY think. That way I can't mess with you, as many ENTPs like to do for fun and because we're bored.

Secondly, if such a person of taste were to hang out with me, and SHOW me they enjoy my company, by listening, laughing with me, and generally just contributing to our experience together, I take that as a satisfying compliment.

ENTPs don't need to be told all the time we're special. We know we're special ;) we just want to hang out and have our zany ideas appreciated by people we admire, especially people who are confident. If you know who you are and know what you like (ENTPs can judge others character and confidence levels pretty well), and you decide that I'm fascinating to have in your company, you don't have to say anything, just smile and have a good time with me, it's the most satisfying compliment I could get.

In fact too much complimenting and admiring of me will make me think you're brainless. interact with me! play with me! laugh with me!
You're insane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts