Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
shy and nervous isn't personality, but a problem usually in childhood has caused it. Doesn't mean they are not extroverted in their functions, the only thing it prevents them in really is talking in social situations and extroverted tendancies aint just about being social

Reactions: MrFrenk

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had known one.
She drove me nuts in a bad way.
She was way too emotional, helpless, immature, dependent, and so on.
She was shy and nervous, which just made it awkward to be around because I was used to rather listening than carrying on conversations.
But then again, it's just one person that I knew ..

·
Registered
456 Posts
So you have a crush on him?
Depending on what he think of you, he may be flattered, annoyed, or indifferent.

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
A "shy and nervous ENFP" around me would not be good, perhaps in the long run they'd come out of their shell, but in the short term, a "shy and nervous ENFP" next to me, wanting to get my attention but not get it...play hard to catch, would run into my quiet scanning the room, not really shy, but quiet, because I don't know exactly what to do around new people. It would take a third person to get the two of us to talk.:p

It would really be awkward if this "shy and nervous ENFP" was a woman, then I'd have the even more perilous task of navigating conversation without hitting on the person. Because Intuition is simply not there for me, I wouldn't just know what to do. I'd have to risk possible hitting on the person,find out what reaction that gets, because I've never done it to people, then because I now have experience of hitting on a person, try a different approach rinse and repeat cycle as needed.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
If it's embedded into their character and it's not a situational thing, it drives me completely up the wall. It actually makes me aggressive.

If it's situational, it depends. It might be endearing, slightly annoying, or I just never make contact with them.

With your ISTP person, is it his presence that makes you nervous?

·
Banned
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If it's embedded into their character and it's not a situational thing, it drives me completely up the wall. It actually makes me aggressive.

If it's situational, it depends. It might be endearing, slightly annoying, or I just never make contact with them.

With your ISTP person, is it his presence that makes you nervous?
Thanks guys for all your helpful support. It's ok, he finally left me alone now so it's all good. Yes it was just his presence that made me nervous. It all worked out fine. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts