Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand this probably sounds weird.
I just wanted to know what your enneagram type would be if any wing was possible (for example 1w2, 1w3, 1w4 etc would all be allowed).

For example, I would be a 5w7 or a 5w9.

Thanks

·
Banned
17,781 Posts
probably 7w4>1w8>4w7 Sx/Sp

oddly enough, I'm more sure of the wing of my second fix (my 1 fix is 8-ish as hell. it's more of a Rorschach 1 fix lol)

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
5w8 or 6w8 or 6w4

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
I gave this question a bit of thought and came up with the idea that my tritype boringly fits me quite well. Maybe if 6w9w1 was a thing, but stereotypically, 6w9 would be very phobic and 6w1 would be very Prussian and 6w4 would be way too emotional/reactive and 6w5 is already a thing... Though theoretically if this system existed it's possible that 6w5 would be a different manifestation of 6w5, but then probably not since what else would the 6w5 stereotype wing be?

...Anyway. As I was saying, my tritype pretty much already covers it.

Maybe 7w1 or 1w7? Though I guess that carries the assumption core ideals would change and I'm pretty 6y...

·
Wielding the mafia banhammer
1,514 Posts
I'd still be a 6w5.

Now, if we ignore the rules for fixes, I'd be a 6w5 - 8w9 - 1w4.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Maybe it would be something like

6w7w5, 1w4, 9w4 as a heart fix

·
Registered
257 Posts
4w2, 7w6, 9w5

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Probably still 4w5, but maybe 4w1 or 4w2. Actually before I learned how wings worked, I said to my friend, "I think I'm a 4w2." She laughed at me.

okay, I've got it:

4w1 5w? 9w2

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,704 Posts
Well since it is the system that change and not me I can't see how my type would change. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Well since it is the system that change and not me I can't see how my type would change. :tongue:
Well, systems are limited. They present a certain set of options within the confines of the framework. Classification is a human creation. Theoretically, there could be additions or amendments that end up providing more fitting alternatives. Of course, the current wing system exists for a reason. Due to structural requirement and design, our Enneagram wouldn't support a variation in this regard. BUT it's still possible to imagine what it might be like, hypothetically. And I think it's fun. Haha.

So for example, of my two current wing options, I'm clearly a 4w5. But were 4w1 an option, it could potentially better capture the underpinnings of my temperament, motivations and self-image. ...Granted, I'm pretty sure I'd still be a 4w5. But I can definitely see my 9 gut having a 2 wing, instead of a 1 wing, if 9w2 was somehow a legitimate classification. *I* wouldn't change, but the description for the new type might more completely describe me (I'm not saying this is the case, though, hah).

·
Premium Member
6,856 Posts
I'm content as I am. Although I do wish I were better at displaying more sensitive emotions. Don't think that's limited to certain types, though.

·
Registered
552 Posts
9w7 - 1w3 so/sx
That's it, I don't need the other triads or a third fix ~

(Edit:) How annoying would a 1w3 be, though.

·
Heretic
ESI 5w4 9w8 2w1
10,704 Posts
Well, systems are limited. They present a certain set of options within the confines of the framework. Classification is a human creation. Theoretically, there could be additions or amendments that end up providing more fitting alternatives. Of course, the current wing system exists for a reason. Due to structural requirement and design, our Enneagram wouldn't support a variation in this regard. BUT it's still possible to imagine what it might be like, hypothetically. And I think it's fun. Haha.
Yeah this whole thing has a certain Ne quality. So I imagine you guys are having a field day.
So for example, of my two current wing options, I'm clearly a 4w5. But were 4w1 an option, it could potentially better capture the underpinnings of my temperament, motivations and self-image. ...Granted, I'm pretty sure I'd still be a 4w5. But I can definitely see my 9 gut having a 2 wing, instead of a 1 wing, if 9w2 was somehow a legitimate classification. *I* wouldn't change, but the description for the new type might more completely describe me
(I'm not saying this is the case, though, hah).
And that is where my Ni loses all interest.
Cause if something like this isn't connected to the case (Se), why even bother. :wink:

1 - 20 of 69 Posts