Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For men: What traits (not just physical) do you find beautiful in women?

For women: What traits (not just physical) do you find beautiful in a man?

These answers can be physical, nonphysical.

Please and carrots.

Reactions: cuddle bun

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
intelligence, kindness, and intensity.

And if she has good smelling phermones........ mmmmmmmmm

Reactions: tinyheart

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
physical strength and emotional vulnerability.

protectiveness.

a voice that's deeper than mine and very expressive in subtle ways.

making me laugh.

seeing my emotions clearly - and drawing more emotions out of me.

I could write more but those are at the front of my mind in the moment.

·
Registered
ENTJ; 8w7; Persian C
9,469 Posts
I cannot say much (exclusively) personality-wise that seem(s) completely consistent among all males - and particulary strikes me as something mentionable as something "beautiful / unique," or leaves in some awe-state of mind, and I notice that male humanoids tend to be in 'awe' of women in general; while I am more so 'strucken' (in beauty / awe) by one individual man in particular, instead of men in general, so for instance:

"The beautiful 'personality' trait' unique to males [specifically[; is only ever beautiful if my male specifically possesses it - not other male-humanoids all sharing the same trait. So, indeed, when I express 'what I like in men,' it isn't uncommon for some random humanoid to become (overconfident) - and assert,

"What happened? I thought you liked aggressive men!" ((puffs chest out (&) throws it my way)), which has the opposite e/affect on myself intended - which is where I suppose the distinctions somewhat are highlighted - while a female-humanoid (with large breasts / intellect / et al) can be universally be appreciated/accepted by the individual male-regardless; thus a somwhat male tendency to view female-humanoids more 'collectively' - than individually.

So indeed, "personality / character traits", of men are not universally beautiful to me, although I may be (stuck in the state of awe) by a male in particular with (X)-traits I tend to fancy; that is shared collectively by all males.

I find 'physical aesthetical differences' a little less vague & demonstrably much more consistent, thus easy to demonstrate: which is obviously the male-physique (&) it's tendency to be more (structural / angular) than the female-humanoids, (&) of course the texture of said physical-features in comparison to my own:

And, indeed, when there is less focus on gender-distinctions / differences [and more so on similarities] there is a strange & natural, or "human-like essence/energy" - way in which the female/male "mesh" together, to which I do not think comes from both male/female being polar-opposites; but rather pieces of the (same) puzzle, a realization that both male (&) female are [humans], thus "belong together," in a unique unison above any other mammalian or animal:

Thus, acknowledging such similiarities, thus these similiarities come together & function smoothly when recognized (&) put together - that is simply marvelous to gawk' at when said chemisty is sufficiently present.

·
Registered
15,683 Posts
Unsure if this deals much with opposite sex but altruism and humor

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: tinyheart

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Physical: Smooth soft curves, long hair, soft hands, soft touches, soft voice, nervous laughter, soft skin, smell, round thighs, wide hip bones, the waist, the breasts, the pelvis, the booty lol, the naval, the pudge around the naval.

Non physical: trust, "mushiness", emotional expression, appreciation, nurturing, how they feel safe with you (what's a word for that?), vulnerabilty phyiscal and emotional, honesty, intensity.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Women who aren't trying to fit in with social norms and follow mainstream opinions, but understands them and would be able to, if they had reason to; women who thinks and acts independently.
Also, I strongly prefer women who have a sense of privacy and does not exaggerate and easily expose deeper emotions. I like the feeling of having a women open up to- and show care for you in subtle ways. It feels more intimate and valuable.

As for appearance and style, I prefer women who looks like they could fit the above personality traits, rather than some exact hair color, height, body type, etc.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Beards and hair in general. I have this - weird and totally inexplicable - fascination for hair in the chest. Really don't know why, but I go nuts when I see a really sexy chest covered in hair.

Also, eyes. No colour in particular, just this look in which you can get lost.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Round cheeks, larger than average/round eyes, long hair, butts, long, smooth, muscular legs, stomachs (fit girls with abs or with a little bit of a gut, I just think belly buttons are cute)

I like girls who are smart and composed/self controlled too.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
When their feminine self isn't a defining part of their core personality.

Individuality and non-conformity are incredibly attractive especially if they utilize it to showcase their true personality to the fullest extend possible.

And I don't mean being edgy just to stand out.

Instead understanding, expressing and developing interests based on their own likes and curiosity.

Reactions: drmiller100

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
People with a noble cause, unafraid of taking risks associated with that cause. That is something I deeply admire in anyone, I would think. It's like watching a burning flame shine through the dark pessimism of the world.

I don't think about beauty that often. There isn't really a need to think about it, since what I deal with in my actual life are things that aren't beautiful. But I have seen the above in other people, and I think that's the closest I've come to beauty.

Reactions: LittleDreamer

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Height:Weight proportional

Good Hip:Waist ratio

Dresses with some finesse and displays their silhouette nicely -- none of that boyfriend sized t-shirt with yoga shorts sorority girl tack

Symmetrical features, good bone structure, nice smile. I don't care about some acne, scarring, or blemishes, everyone gets those at some point

Having a certain walk and posture -- can't really describe it but I am turned on by how certain women walk, maybe it's a certain grace or understated boldness. If they waddle around like a penguin, I'm not into it

Bathing REGULARLY and smelling GOOD

Prefer women who shave legs and pits, though I understand not wanting to do that all of the time

No or very few or minimalist tattoos, occasionally having more looks fine if everything else checks out but I am not a fan of tattoos and think it's kind of a silly trend

Subtle behaviors like running their hands through their hair, giving certain looks and expressions, handling objects in certain ways, etc.. This is the most difficult to explain but also somehow kind of important

Mentally, I mainly look for emotional stability, a good balance of maturity and immaturity, humility, agreeable sense of humor, and an adequate amount of brains. No emotional vampires or those requiring constant attention. I don't care about her achievements as long as she can support herself.

All of this sounds very status quo to me writing it out.

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
It's hard to say because I can't say all women have these qualities.
In my type of women, I admire:
the feminine conservative style of dress,
the strength in self but doesn't feel the need to express it and is comfortable being submissive,
the drive to better society through family and friends,
etc.

Basically women just being true to what women are. Feminine, submissive, social, optimistic, humble, etc.

·
Grumpy old bastard
10,085 Posts
It's hard to say because I can't say all women have these qualities.
In my type of women, I admire:
the feminine conservative style of dress,
the strength in self but doesn't feel the need to express it and is comfortable being submissive,
the drive to better society through family and friends,
etc.

Basically women just being true to what women are. Feminine, submissive, social, optimistic, humble, etc.
LOL. what the fuck ever.

I enjoy a powerful woman who is smart, strong, ambitious, kind, who chooses to be vulnerable with me.

·
Registered
ISTJ
2,510 Posts
Women: ''You're so funny and a sense of humor is the most important thing for me''

Me: ''Does that mean that....you know....?''

Women: ''EWWW, oh GOD no!!!!! SECURITY!!!!''

:/ x 1,000

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
It’s kind of an embarrassing cliche, but I’m a sucker for men who show kindness to and personal interest in people they’re not looking to get something out of; ie old ladies and small children. Liking animals is good too. When I did online dating, a photo of a pet was always a plus. I’d stalk someone’s profile just to see their adorable puppy again, haha. It’s like that tv / movie trope where the single guy borrows his friend’s pet or baby to pick up chicks. Yeah, that seems to work on me. Well, actually having kids is not appealing because I’m actually not crazy about them and don’t want any.

Intelligence is a big thing, but it’s even sexier when there is a humility and openness to learning from others. I definitely like intellectual, brainy types, but not geeks. Being into science or philosophy is cool, but anime or comic books, not so much.

Kindness, thoughtfulness and compassion are always attractive, as is depth; I like someone a bit philosophical or able to introspect. Emotional maturity and emotional honesty - I like someone who is honest with themselves about their own motivations and desires. I’ve never been into arrogant, cold men, but I also don’t like people pleasers.

I like someone who will do the right thing even if it’s not cool or there’s no immediate reward. Someone who has principles and a drive for something more than their own self interests.

As for looks, I like tall (because I’m tallish myself), between 5’11-6’3 or so, and a lean frame. I like people with slender, elegant and graceful bodies that look limber. I like long limbs, fingers and necks. I think there might be some golden ratio aspect playing into what I find visually appealing. I like broader shoulders but due to body frame as much if not more than muscle. Flat stomach; really don’t like a belly.

I prefer larger, expressive eyes and thinner lips on men. An interesting nose is a plus. A mix of masculine and pretty boyishness is good. I don’t like a brutish look nor too pretty. An intelligent look in the face is a must. I can’t explain exactly what that is, but it’s usually in the eyes. A good jawline...don’t like that chinless look.

I’ve also always had a thing for blonds (particular golden haired with warm, tanned skin), redheads (well they’re hit or miss), subtle freckles or dark curly hair.

The voice cant be nasally, but I don’t necessarily like extremely deep voices. A little gravelly is sexy, but not like he’s an old cowboy or something.

Reactions: LittleDreamer

·
Banned
2,904 Posts
LOL. what the fuck ever.

I enjoy a powerful woman who is smart, strong, ambitious, kind, who chooses to be vulnerable with me.
So basically a man. Got it.

Powerful, Smart, Strong, Ambitious, and Kind, just like you wanted!

You sound like a woman listing the qualities she would like in a man.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts