Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1). What are some things and characteristics that you admire about the INTP personality type?

2). Which personality type(s) do you envy the most?

3). If you could be any other type besides an INTP, which personality type would it be and why?

·
Banned
140 Posts
1). What are some things and characteristics that you admire about the INTP personality type?

3). If you could be any other type besides an INTP, which personality type would it be and why?
1. I love the independence and the eccentricity

2. In general I envy J's I often think of them as more structuralized, less slacking and more achieving(generalizing a bit here forgive me).

3. ENTJ or another personality type from "The Thinkers"

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I envy feelers because they can express their feelings more, though are some disadvantages when people make choices based off their feelings. Both feelers and thinkers have their strengths and weaknesses. For one thing, thinkers lack making choices based on their feelings. We tend to go along with what seems right and relational. It seems like that is the only way that I make choices. When I do, I analyze the results and wish that I would have added my feelings and emotions about my choice into the equation, too.

·
Registered
393 Posts
1) Sometimes I might complain about how misunderstood I am, but really I like the fact that I'm uncommon. I bring fresh perspectives on things that others can't find.

2) I do envy NTJs and their ability to focus.

3) I'd probably say ENTP. They're just so fun to be around and they see things before others. It almost seems like they're psychic.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like some Extroverts, but I like the thought of being different from everybody else. Though it can be stressful because people don't usually take the the time to listen to what I have to say. I have to be consistant when talking in big social settings because if I don't than I normally fade into the background. which sucks.

·
Registered
749 Posts
1. I love being able to entertain myself wherever I am with vivid fantasies that I feel are quite plausible, achievable, yet fanciful.

2. Hmmmm, I'm pretty arrogant. I feel like I've encountered everyone else's tool kit and I find it lacking. J's to me lack ingenuity and raw creativity.. All the J's I know who are also extremely bright have never once proposed anything that has creatively impressed me. My INFP friend however, is a 'nother story.

3. I'd probably go with ISTP. Just because I think they may have the best tool kit out there: Ti, Se, Ni, Fe < That strikes me as a very versatile tool kit. Analysis with Ti, yet focused more externally than myself with Se, and Ni just sounds effing sweet to me, plus that Fe, I've got that and I feel (no pun) that I can relate well with others at this stage in my life.

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I admire the ability of INTP's to engage in theoretical discussion without becoming too inflexible and strict.
I admire the propensity of INTP's to think logically, distinguishing things conceptually.
I enjoy the use of Ne in INTP's, whereby many fascinating thoughts will shoot past at 100 miles per hour.
I love the many tangents INTP's use to explore their world, their thoughts, and the thoughts of others.
I like the INTP's goofy nature, which is less serious and more laid-back and easy-going.
In short, I just like how INTP's like to sit back and think—observing the world as it passes by.

ENTJ's. They are natural leaders (which I constantly fantasize about).
They are outgoing and dominating (which I wish was the case with myself).
They are outspoken and eloquent, loving to argue and debate strongly with logic in public areas (which I enjoy).
They are confident and love a good challenge, and they are most rewarded in society.

I really don't see why many introverted types wouldn't envy them. They are extraverted thinkers who get things done, without getting too bogged down by hardcore facts and figures, who can see the larger picture with ease.

ENTJ, for the reasons given.

·
Registered
71 Posts
1.) Independence and a vivid far-thinking nature along with bouts of precise wordplay.

2.) ISTP, INTJ, and sometimes ENTP as I tend to act like one frequently.

3.) ISTP, I'd put more things into motion. Like if I could just document my ideas and go all ISTP and execute them then life would be sweet. However, I'd be able to stay focused on my academic goals if I were a J of some sort. Eh, I'm happy as INTP. Stuff'll work out, I hope. Who's to say an INTP can't lead or dominate either? I've done it before.
Confidence and Passion unabated lead to belligerence anyways, which is how I see many Es.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
[Inflates his balloon of egotism]

1.) I am never bored because I am always thinking. My mind runs similar to an amusement park with bearded women, sadistic clowns, roaring lions, midget carnies, angry fathers pushing strollers, and fire swallowing jugglers.

2.) When I learn a new or unusual idea or theory, I have mind-gasms (mind orgasms) and internally scream with joy.

3.) I do whatever I want and do not care how other people perceive me.

4.) I have a strange fascination with people and like how they react to certain thoughts. I do not seem to have the same emotional/moral sensor that most people have. I am not sure how far the line most people do not cross is, but I want to surpass that line and continue until I cannot continue any longer. As Kurt Vonnegut said, "Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of things you can't see from the center."

5.) I make perfect sense to myself but sound like I am from Jupiter to most humans; albeit, occasionally, I can predict answers to questions not yet asked.

I admire ENTPs because they gain energy from social interactions, love to debate, and have a good sense of humor. Example: "I also wonder if anyone has ever masturbated while fantasizing about having sex with a live chicken. Usually, I wonder about these things while I'm masturbating." – George Carlin (ENTP)

INTJs seem cool because they specialize, perfect, organize, and conceive possibilities. They are also diabolical villains.

I like the ISTP logic and practicality. They can parachute from a plane while fixing an internal combustion engine.

I like my type and do not want to be anything else.

Reactions: nothingnew

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I love how I view humans as just another species, where I can observe them and do experiments to them

·
Registered
743 Posts
Our independent nature, our resistance to social norms/pressures, our generally more enlightened view of the world (albeit this can lead to cynicism).

I don't envy. I glad to be who I am.

See above.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I love how I view humans as just another species, where I can observe them and do experiments to them
I totally agree with you ^_^

I like that I am observant and that I notice things before other people do. This makes me feel smarter, and sometimes power as the human being I am. I can imagen that always correcting peoples' grahmars can be annoying, but I do it most of the time. Especially when I am reading something. I will look at the structures of the paragraph and begin an editing process in my head.

I like being independent, but sometimes in doing so can stink. I might be able to work in a group depending who else is in the group as well.

Or any other personality tpyes that I come across and their description sounds cool.

I am not excatly sure what I other personality type I would choose to be.

·
Registered
255 Posts

The ability to generate insights on almost anything on demand.

ENTP's: Intelligent, good at debate and can get shit done with/through other people. INFJ's look as if they could be pretty awesome too (need more of a representative sample IRL though).

I'd probably go with ISTP. Just because I think they may have the best tool kit out there: Ti, Se, Ni, Fe < That strikes me as a very versatile tool kit. Analysis with Ti, yet focused more externally than myself with Se, and Ni just sounds effing sweet to me, plus that Fe, I've got that and I feel (no pun) that I can relate well with others at this stage in my life.
My thoughts precisely.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Does everyone of yall wish you could be extraverts?

Oh, and Im not trying to be rude...Im just trying to find out the answer to a question Ive been wondering.
So please don't take it personally.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Being an extrovert would be handy if I wanted to be a salesman of some kind I guess, but I don't see the point. I think introverts are more self-sufficient, and I prefer to work with introverts. My extrovert friends call me and say,"hey, just wanted to see what your up to." Then I listen to them talk about their families or whatnot.

I like to think that introverts are more masters of their own destiny. I have three brothers, all extro. Two are all married with kids, and I am the oldest and single. I would not trade my life for theirs, and they cannot understand why I like to be on the computer so much and have no desire for a family at the moment. I don't envy them in any way, and I know they feel the same about me. I get comments like, 'your not an ugly guy, you dated her and her, what is wrong with you?' So my answers would be -

INTPs seem to have purpose. I don't think that I know any in real life, but the ones that I have met online and in PerC all have purpose. Even if it is something like, "I like that idea" or "That is a pretty flower." There is purpose to all statements made by INTP's. I love that. They are rational, and I wish I knew more rational people in my life. INTP's do everything for a reason, even if they are the only ones that understand that reason. I also think that INTP's could do anything. I think an INTP could be a talk show host or television personality if they truly desired it. Anything. The only real limit is yourself, and self defeat is the only thing that could really stop you.

Other INTP's that have experienced things I have yet to try maybe. Envy is something I don't really do. I guess I envy anyone with the last names of Ford, Heinz, Walton, anyone that gets their ass kissed and their every need met by others due to their great grandfather being lucky and ambitious. Personality is irrelevant there.

I would not change anything about my personality. I would like to be more scheduled, but changing my personality? I dunno. It is a give and take, where one aspect becomes full another lessens. I strive for balance, and I don't like the idea of rocking my boat that much.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I loved your entire post Kilgore, but this statement -
I am never bored because I am always thinking. My mind runs similar to an amusement park with bearded women, sadistic clowns, roaring lions, midget carnies, angry fathers pushing strollers, and fire swallowing jugglers.
should be in a INTP hall of fame IMHO.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Does someone want to explain to me how your entertained by what is going on in 'your head'?
I can kind of understand it, but mostly I want someones veiw point about it.​

1 - 20 of 24 Posts