Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
what do u mean its a trap?

i just had an istp crush whom i found extremelly hard to understand
and learning about duality and stuff.... i know what i liked about him, never knew what he liked or didnt about me.
I've thought about this, and I honestly don't believe in duality. I think duality partners make good friends and fuck buddies, but nothing more if that is all you're going on. If you're willing to work, it works. But if you want it to "just be", it doesn't. It's too draining for both parties involved when the expectation is for a natural connection. Especially in terms of communication. Not sharing any functions is pretty rough.

I think ESTPs, ENFJs and INFJs would make good partners long-term for an ISTP if they prefer low maintenance and both are relatively healthy. Though I do like ExFPs in general, I'm dating one. She can be pretty fucking draining sometimes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I believe in duality, i actually never read anything more perfect to define the relatioship i had.
it was really really hard though, but it did change me as a person and definetly made me a much better one.
at a certain point, my istp got involved also with another girl (no idea her type) and i backed off and waited him to act, shut her and come after me, which he never did. But i did feel that in a very twisted against everything i had ever eperienced, he liked me.

I do miss the feeling of turning better everyday and the open-minding talks. I sooo want a new istp relatioship.
But i fear ill hurt a lot all over as i did once.

point isss.......

believing or not in duality, what do u guys like about enfps? is it that impossible to get your hearts to opeen and actually say something nice about someone ??

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I don't care for the E, N, or F parts mainly.

I think this girl that was chasing me in college was an ENFP, she introduced me to a lot of really interesting people that I never would have met on my own and invited me to do stuff regularly which was nice. I could never be in a relationship with her though, we were too different. She was kind of touchy-feely which I like, but her extroversion was so draining and I just wasn't very comfortable spending a lot of time with her. Also, it's really frustrating dealing with feelers when they're upset or struggling with something. I'm looking for someone similar to me that I can enjoy spending time with, not someone who's opposite and that I have to struggle to understand everyday.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
I don't care for the E, N, or F parts mainly.

I think this girl that was chasing me in college was an ENFP, she introduced me to a lot of really interesting people that I never would have met on my own and invited me to do stuff regularly which was nice. I could never be in a relationship with her though, we were too different. She was kind of touchy-feely which I like, but her extroversion was so draining and I just wasn't very comfortable spending a lot of time with her. Also, it's really frustrating dealing with feelers when they're upset or struggling with something. I'm looking for someone similar to me that I can enjoy spending time with, not someone who's opposite and that I have to struggle to understand everyday.
ENFPs use completely different functions. If you don't have a lot in common, you're gonna have a bad time.

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
My little sister is an ENFx. I like that she's so open and receptive. She always sees the bright side. And she shows all the time that she cares about me, which can get annoying, but it's sweet.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've had an ENFP friend for 10 years, and he's probably one of the most annoying people I've ever met.

He thinks out loud, sings constantly, talks too much and generally makes a ridiculous amount of noise.
He's very self righteous, gets too emotional, every argument ends in a fallacy, and can't accept a differing viewpoint.

I highly doubt that the ENFP/ISTP relationship is an ideal one, a mere glimpse at this subforum shows constant conflict between the two types. If you like an ISTP then pursue them by all means, but don't get caught up in this ideal of duality.

Now I know you've said that you want to hear something nice about ENFPs, but you're probably not going to find much here.

That being said I don't dislike him, he's annoying and tedious but considering I still talk to him he can't be that bad.

I'd like to hear some cases of ENFPs with a more mature Fi, as I suspect most of these negatives can be attributed to immature Fi.

Remember though, this is simply my experience. I'm sure to most people ENFPs are rays of sunshine, but my eyes are burning.

·
Banned
176 Posts
ENFPs use completely different functions. If you don't have a lot in common, you're gonna have a bad time.
THANK you! If you find a good, well-balanced ENFP, s/he'll be around no matter how much shit your friendship goes through. It's very comforting and sweet. However, an underdeveloped ENFP invokes violent rage and irritation in most ISTPs (aka me) because of how illogical they can be and how obnoxious. I appreciate what Ne has to offer, but it's so insanely draining. It's fun to bounce my Se off of their Ne's, but only for a little while. My ENFP friend and I have a blast together, but we can only be around each other for short periods of time or I'd pass out from exhaustion XP

And heaven help me if an ENFP from the opposite sex tries to pursue me...Dear God...

1 - 20 of 120 Posts