Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be a very interesting topic for me...a LOT has changed for the 3 networks over the course since their existence. Let's see what we had then vs what we have now.

It would be great for YOU to let me know how the networks have changed over time.

Cartoon Network/Nick/Disney Then:

Ahhh...the 90s. We have been given one of the best cartoons in the 90s that made the 3 networks popular and made people remember and want to look back to.

Some shows you adults and teens watched include:

Johnny Bravo
Dexter's Lab
Ed Edd n Eddy
KND
Powerpuff Girls (1998)
Ben 10 (2005)
Rugrats
Angry Beavers
Hey Arnold
Weekenders
Teacher's Pet
House of Mouse

and plenty more!!!

Cartoon Network/Nick/Disney Now:

Don't get me wrong....while today's kids weren't camped in front of Rocko's Modern Life or Ed Edd n Eddy. There are PLENTY of new shows all modern kids enjoy. In fact...Kids today are growing up in a possibly 2nd golden era of the networks. Modern shows include:

We Bare Bears
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Steven Universe
Legend of Korra
Loud House
Star vs The Forces of Evil
Gravity Falls
Wander Over Yander
DuckTales (2017)
Mickey Mouse (2013)

And so much more!!!

So in conclusion....a lot has changed since the 90s and the 90s made Cartoon Network/Nick/Disney famous in the first place...so well known that they bleed into the modern generations of kids and will continue to future generations of kids. Well...I can't wait to see how today's kids will express their nostalgia.

Registered
I was born on February 28, 2002, and some of my childhood shows consisted of Flapjack, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Fosters and Chowder because I grew up with CN during the "Noods" era. On Boomerang I watched old Pokemon episodes and I grew a crush on Casey (my profile pic). Ahh, being 7 was a glorious thing for me. Only 00s kids remember :).

Registered
I was born on August 8, 2003 my childhood shows were:
Big Time Rush
iCarly
Victorious
Shake It Up
Jessie
Ant Farm
Kung Fu Panda Legends Of Awesomeness
Fred The Show
Regular Show
Penguins Of Madagascar
The Amazing World Of Gumball
Johnny Test
Tuff Puppy
Fanboy And Chumchum
Planet Sheen
Power Rangers Samurai
Power Rangers Super Samurai
Pok茅mon Black And White

And of course Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents.

Sad thing is, none of those shows except Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents are still on, it's too bad because most of those were great. Kids now have some good shows, but The Thundermans? (Which is actually more mid 2010s) Henry Danger? Nicky, Ricky, Dicky, And Dawn? Smh

Registered
Born in March 1999. Shows I watched when I was younger include:

* The Wild Thornberries
* Johnny Bravo
* Sheep in the Big City
* Spongebob Squarepants
* Kim Possible
* Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
* Rugrats
* Ned's Declassified

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Born in May 12th 2004

Watched shows like

-Fosters
-Ed Edd n Eddy
-Flapjack
-Chowder
-Power Rangers
-Johnny Test
-Fanboy and Chum Chum
-Kim Possible
-Gumball
-Adventure Time
-Regular Show
-HB cartoons cause I watched them on Boomerang
-Phineas and Ferb (still shown today)
-Spongebob (shown to this day)
-Farily Odd Parents (shown on Nicktoons)
-Big Time Rush
-ICarly
-MAD

And plenty more

I mean...today's kid have great shows, but I feel sad for them since they're growing up with a watered down version of Cartoon Network, it has no blocks(except for Poo Poo Poo Poo) and only focuses on the latest stuff (they don't have Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo)

where as me...I know I grew up with the so-called bad era of Nick, but Cartoon Network for me at least had some variety,blocks and expanded.

Today's kids also have it bad when it comes to Disney CHANNEL (it's infected with crap like Bizzardvark), but somehow they have it REALLY good on Disney XD.

Registered
Born in May 12th 2004

Watched shows like

-Fosters
-Ed Edd n Eddy
-Flapjack
-Chowder
-Power Rangers
-Johnny Test
-Fanboy and Chum Chum
-Kim Possible
-Gumball
-Adventure Time
-Regular Show
-HB cartoons cause I watched them on Boomerang
-Phineas and Ferb (still shown today)
-Spongebob (shown to this day)
-Farily Odd Parents (shown on Nicktoons)
-Big Time Rush
-ICarly
-MAD

And plenty more

I mean...today's kid have great shows, but I feel sad for them since they're growing up with a watered down version of Cartoon Network, it has no blocks(except for Poo Poo Poo Poo) and only focuses on the latest stuff (they don't have Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry and Scooby Doo)

where as me...I know I grew up with the so-called bad era of Nick, but Cartoon Network for me at least had some variety,blocks and expanded.

Today's kids also have it bad when it comes to Disney CHANNEL (it's infected with crap like Bizzardvark), but somehow they have it REALLY good on Disney XD.
When did you start watching cartoon anyways. I watched them at a little too early age (5).

Registered
I didn't get cable until 2012. The only kid orientated shows on Satellite were on PBS Kids or CW 4kids on Saturday mornings.

In comparison to what kids are watching now, Saturday morning cartoons no longer exist and I'm pretty PBS Kids is similar with a few new shows now. Cartoon Network, from what I've seen, hasn't drastically changed when I stopped watching it about five years ago. I'm not sure about Nick, but from what I've seen, they've been trying a bunch of different things for all throughout the 2010's with a lot of shows coming and going quick.

Registered
I didn't get cable until 2012. The only kid orientated shows on Satellite were on PBS Kids or CW 4kids on Saturday mornings.

In comparison to what kids are watching now, Saturday morning cartoons no longer exist and I'm pretty PBS Kids is similar with a few new shows now. Cartoon Network, from what I've seen, hasn't drastically changed when I stopped watching it about five years ago. I'm not sure about Nick, but from what I've seen, they've been trying a bunch of different things for all throughout the 2010's with a lot of shows coming and going quick.
Yeah besides Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents, the last of my childhood shows on Nick died in 2013 or 2014. I think all shows minus Spongebob and Fairly Odd Parents on Nick currently are from 2014 or later.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
When did you start watching cartoon anyways. I watched them at a little too early age (5).
I started watching cartoons when I was around 2 or 3 in 2006 or 2007 (most likely around 2007). Though I was still watching Barney and Sesame Street during that time as well.

Registered
I don't know anyone who watches cartoons on TV but on the Internet yes

What do you think of those shows now compared to before? They're certainly more slick drawing wise. Hey Arnold's still got their pencil crayon backgrounds --I sometimes miss stuff like that in the animation now.

Registered
I don't know anyone who watches cartoons on TV but on the Internet yes

What do you think of those shows now compared to before? They're certainly more slick drawing wise. Hey Arnold's still got their pencil crayon backgrounds --I sometimes miss stuff like that in the animation now.
As a Malaysian Chinese who was born on 8th December 1997 in Brunei, I watched a lot of cartoon shows and movie like Prince of Egypt,Up,Chicken Run,Kim Possible,Cow and Chicken,Courage The Cowardly Dog,Hey Arnold, Ben 10:Ultimate Alien,Ben 10:Alien Force,Monster Inc,Harry Potter 1(2001),Spiderman(2002),Finding Nemo,Shark Tales,The Incredibles,Ratatouille,Naruto(Anime),Naruto Shippuden(Anime), Ben 10,Powerpuff Girls(1998-2005),Spongebob Squarepants,Ed,Edd and Eddy,Chicken Little,Teen Titans(Old),Madeline(90s),Power Rangers Light Speed Rescue, Power Rangers Times Force,Ultraman Dyna,Ultraman Tiga,Ultraman Neos,Ultraman Cosmos,Ultraman Mebius,Ultraman Max,Megaman Maverick Hunter X:The Day of Sigma,Ultraman The Next,Ultraman Nexus,The Cat in the Hat,Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,Thunderbirds(2004),Ultra-monster,Phineas and Ferbs,Polar Express,Dexter Laboratory and etcs when i was a kid.And when i was a teen and young adult,i watched certain cartoon shows and movie like Harry Potter 1,Prince of Egypt,The Cat in the Hat, Up(2009) again,certain part of Ultraman Zero movie 1 or 2(I cant remember),Some part of Despicable Me,some part of Despicable Me II , Some part of Despicable Me III,Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events(2004) yes it was release when i was a kid,Naruto Shippuden(Anime),Hotel Translyvania 2,Some part of Hotel Translyvania 3, Coco(definitely) and etcs.Current Kids watched cartoon shows like My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic,Steven Universe,Ben 10(Omniverse),Ben 10 current version,Powerpuff Girls(2016) and etcs

Registered
I was born July 1996 and this is what I remember watching the most:

Camp Lazlo
Pokemon Advanced and Diamond and Pearl Series
Ben 10 (2005)
Fosters Home
Ed Edd n Eddy
Rugrats
Kim Possible
Ned Declassified
Zoey 101
Drake and Josh
iCarly
Proud Family
Chowder
Flapjack
Hey Arnold
Jimmy Neutron
Spongebob
Fairly OddParents

Registered
Born April '98 and the shows were:
-Jimmy Neutron
-Spongebob (Pre 1st movie too)
-Fairly OddParents
-Lilo and Stitch
-House of Mouse
-Wild Thornberries
-Rugrats (Yes they still made new episodes when I was a little kid and I remember seeing them new)
-Drake and Josh
-All Grown Up
-iCarly
-Phineas and Ferb
-Neds Declassified
-What's New Scooby Doo
-MAD
-Danny Phantom
-Back at the Barnyard

Registered
The only 2 shows in either of those lists that I consider nostalgic is Gravity Falls and Adventure Time. The rest are too new, too old, too cheesy, too childish, or just shows I never got into watching.\

I was born in '05, and here's my list:

Spongebob
Ned's Declassified
iCarly
Victorious (Kind of)
Zoey 101
Phineas and Ferb
Adventure Time
Regular Show
Gravity Falls
And some more.

Registered
I was born on February 28, 2002, and some of my childhood shows consisted of Flapjack, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, Fosters and Chowder because I grew up with CN during the "Noods" era. On Boomerang I watched old Pokemon episodes and I grew a crush on Casey (my profile pic). Ahh, being 7 was a glorious thing for me. Only 00s kids remember :).
I thought you were born on April 21.

Registered
When we first had permanent cable in 2006, Cartoon Network was the first channel I watched as a 9-year old. The shows I usually watched were Camp Lazlo, Grim Adventures Billy and Mandy, My Gym Partners a Monkey (my favorite one back then), Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Ed Edd n Eddy, and Codename Kids Next Door, and of course, they would also aire movies and call it the FLICKS. Those were all rated Y. Now, it is mainly these new shows all rated PG, mainly Amazing Adventures of Gumball. Earlier this year, I saw them airing shows like Craig of the Creek and Summer Camp Island.

Registered
Born May '98, here's mine-

Nickelodeon:
Rugrats
Catdog
Invader Zim
Fairly Oddparents (Pre-poof)
My Life as a Teenage Robot
Danny Phantom
Jimmy Neutron
Drake & Josh
Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide
Spongebob Squarepants (Seasons 1-4)

Disney Channel:
The Proud Family
Kim Possible
That's So Raven
Lilo & Stitch: The Series
Phil of the Future
Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
American Dragon: Jake Long
Suite Life of Zack & Cody
Life with Derek
House of Mouse
Recess

Cartoon Network:
Dexter's Laboratory
Johnny Bravo
Ed, Edd n Eddy
Codename: Kids Next Door
Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Ben 10
Tom and Jerry
Tom & Jerry kids
Scooby Doo

To think that kids who grew up in the 00s are the last generation that actually watched TV as kids, the way older generations did...

Registered
May 97, and shows I watched as part of my childhood were. I got cable only when I was 9, so, if we are ending childhood at age 13, well, this is my list.

Cartoon Network: Camp Lazlo, Grim Adventures Billy and Mandy, Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends, Ed Edd n Eddy, Codename Kids Next Door, some Pokemom series shows, Tom and Jerry, Baby Looney Tunes, Misadventures of FlapJack, Scooby Doo, Yugi Oh, Naruto, Dexter, Johnny Bravo, Ben 10 (and Alien Force as well)

Nickolodean: Spongebob Squarepants, TUFF Puppy, Mighty B, Fairly Odd Parents, Drake and Josh, iCarly, Victorious (I was too late for Zoey 101), Neds Declassified School Survival Guide, Jimmy Neutron, Big Time Rush

Disney: (too late for Jonas, but saw Jonas LA), Hannah Montana, Suite Life (both series), Wizards of Waverly Place (was too late for a lot of the good Disney shows), Phineas and Ferb, Fish Hooks

(saw some foreign drama serials during the years 2008-2009)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts