Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
This is pretty usual, most people will choose a dog that matches their lifestyle and personality, it's understandable. :)
I wouldn't agree with the article, though, because shepherds and sheepdogs are extremely connected and loyal to their family, so much that most sheepdogs don't do well with strangers.
I don't really see a lot of extroverted traits in them... they only have a high level of energy...
I love dogs, research a lot about them and find this article too superficial... it's just for fun, I guess...
But maybe I am just different... :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
OMG.......what does this say about Zech and me?
You are crazy, antisocial psychopaths doomed to a home filled with cats from which you will not leave. Oh, but don't worry, you're intelligent and sensitive, too. :wink:

But that's okay, you're in good company.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
You are crazy, antisocial psychopaths doomed to a home filled with cats from which you will not leave. Oh, but don't worry, you're intelligent and sensitive, too. :wink:

But that's okay, you're in good company.
Oh No! We will end our days overweight, living in the projects, wearing a kaftan and shouting repeatedly...."Here, Kitty Kitty Kitty!"

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I've been around Chihuahuas all my life; I actually grew up with one who was fluent in understanding Spanish admonishments, beckoning calls and all manner of Spanglish commands. He also ate family food and liked Ketchup on his french-fries. They are extremely loyal, definitely open to new experiences (Ex. Road trips, visiting family), tolerant and loving.
His name was PJ. Now I've a feisty baby Chi-girl named Angeline. She fights me for my mother's attention; she's on the wrong side of her self-importance, but she's playful, affectionate, loyal, incredibly alert and one has to win her trust. Also, don't cry around her or laugh; at the slightest sign of high emotion, she's pattering all over your face, seemingly asking, "What's this? What are you doing? What are those sounds? Why do you taste like salt?"
I've my suspicions she's highly sensitive; she's usually anxious and bursting with energy. She can really agitate herself, especially when there's too much commotion or company.
"Too many conflicting smells! Who's this? Who's touching me? Where's Mother-Master? Where's Other-Mother-Master? Why are people laughing so loud? Where's my toy? I'm going to start nipping at the next person who-HEY, whose kid is this? I haven't authorized them to touch me! Don't-Pull-That. Where's Mom? MOM!"
...She's a delightful little nightmare.

·
Banned
442 Posts
Very little personality traits are associated with each dog type so that gives little to judge on. I also was dissapointed with the lack of choices. I would of chosen "guard dog/ Fighting dog" as my favorite category. Pit Bulls, Cane Corso, Doberman, German Shepards, Rottweilers, Bull Mastiffs, Filas.

Reactions: Kaly

·
Registered
127 Posts
No, really...I don't own a dog. I don't have a favorite breed of dog. Any dog that doesn't hump my leg, constantly yap, or urinate on the floor.

That must mean I don't hump people's legs, yap, and urinate on the floor. XD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts