Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Based on what I can observe from my INFP friend, @kaleidoscope , I find the INFP imagination to be a thing of wonder. It's not all puppies and rainbows and yet there is something distinctly beautiful in the way INFP connects his/her thoughts and ideas based on the surrounding environment.
I had been listening to some music earlier in the day and stumbled upon something that reminded me of the INFP imagination (a theme song, soundtrack, or what have you) and when I did meet up with young Miss Kaleidoscope, I shared my song of choice for the INFP imagination with her:

This is, of course, only my opinion. Feel free to share yours (INTJ consent).

Oh, and if I had a say in the sound of the INTJ imagination/thought process, I would have to pick this:

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I think my imagination would sound sort of repetitive and full of either nonsense words or just odd sounds that rhyme. Add in some laughing and some simple melodies and there you go.

I'm thinking along the lines of cartoon music, nursery rhymes, that type of thing.
Perhaps like this:

or this:

My imagination is not linear or flowing. There are stops and starts and lots of repeats. Also, it's more upbeat than dark.

·
Registered
72 Posts
This song by Prins Polo begins to touch the way my imagination feels to me when I'm contemplative, mellow, and allowing one thought to flow from the next, sometimes repeating itself many times over. Especially the beginning, until he starts singing.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm bumping this thread to the front page. It can't die yet. It had me thinking all day yesterday. such a cool idea. I got to talking with my husband about it and came up with another song:
Come to think of it, you've changed my initial perspective on INFP imagination. There are more stops and such; not so much a flow of music, but a constantly shifting back-and-forth melody. Interesting. I have to thank you for that. I've been thinking about it, too, and what I've come up with another musical piece for myself:

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Mine could be like this, on my good days:

Reactions: rheanne

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Sorry to bombard the thread. I just keep thinking of more. This song is actually quite perfect. I think it's the best one I've thought of thus far. And it's actually called "Word Game", they got the title wrong.

I think it's perfect because it's like a stream of consciousness connecting of words and sound patterns. Also involves spelling and letters. i'm always taking words and morphing them in my mind, repeating them until they sound nonsensical, spelling them backwards, rearranging the letters, that kind of thing. And it's not intentional, it just happens, which is why this song makes sense because it's like a robot voice is just doing it as you go about your day. I love this song, and I love Bruce Haack.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
@Theodore - I actually haven't heard any Broadcast but I have been told I should listen to them by a few other people, so thanks for reminding me to give them a listen. This song reminds me of a mixture of The United States of America, Fifty Foot Hose, very slightly the Free Design, and something French... but I don't know what.

That Cake video is really funny. The girl in the green looks so sad! I love the pink stuff in the background. When was that video made? I thought Cake was a modern band. If so, they did a good job making it look '60s. Reminds me of the Girls in the Garage comps.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
Also, as famous as they are, the album Sung Tongs by Animal Collective stuck a deep chord with me when I first heard it the year it came out, whenever that was. It's like they invaded my mind in some of the songs and somehow stole my thoughts and imagination and put it to music. I like how they use vocal sounds that don't use the typical singing voice and how they repeat stuff with interesting rhythms. This song especially had me baffled and amazed the first time I heard it. I couldn't believe the sounds I was hearing.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
@Theodore - I actually haven't heard any Broadcast but I have been told I should listen to them by a few other people, so thanks for reminding me to give them a listen. This song reminds me of a mixture of The United States of America, Fifty Foot Hose, very slightly the Free Design, and something French... but I don't know what.

That Cake video is really funny. The girl in the green looks so sad! I love the pink stuff in the background. When was that video made? I thought Cake was a modern band. If so, they did a good job making it look '60s. Reminds me of the Girls in the Garage comps.
Yeah, I listened to the USofA album after getting into Broadcast and can definitely hear the common threads. I don't know if you're thinking of Stereolab but a lot of people throw them together.

Nah, this Cake is just some 60s obscurity from John Peel's record collection.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Ok, I guess this is the most recent example if maybe not the best. It's Bob Moog's birthday and today's google logo is a sort of crappy but playable minimoog synthesizer. I'm always taking something of my own or someone else's and warping it until it's completely unrecognizable, and quite weird. Maybe a bit scary. Even if it's impossible, my imagination is always trying to go beyond what humans are able to conceive and imagine.

If anyone's actually curious enough to listen to this, be careful, as it's pretty loud. :p

http://hc.bloodyvelvet.com/files/251/moog2.mp3

·
Registered
583 Posts
Ah, in my memoir Half-Born, there is an Angel that sits on my right shoulder (he is an INFJ), who is a little harsh, but whose greatest pleasure is watching me succeed. He whispers into my ear everything inspiring that I've ever heard. I imagine his voice is sort of sing-songish, both silk and gristle, and that he speaks with a faint accent that sounds somewhere between English and German. Sort of like a cross between Andi Deris, Hansi Kursch, and Bruce Dickenson.

There is a Demon on my left shoulder (ENTP), who makes reasonable sounding suggestions during my moments of weakness. These are suggestions that are not to my benefit, of course, and his goal is to mire me in despair, self-pity, and ultimately self-destruction. I imagine he speaks in a deep guttural Greek-sounding accent, and sounds rather like Sakis Tolis.

Then there is the Attraction Council, which consist of my Heart (INFP), my Brain (INTJ), and my Penis (ESTP), all of whom meet up to discuss the various women who come in and out of my life. They argue and strategize constantly, and rarely agree on anything.

My Brain sounds something like David Ogden Stiers, except his voice is mechanical; like it's created through a computer, with all of the awkward and unnatural pauses you would expect in a computer voice. The Heart sounds like Jason Marsden, if he were wilting rather than cocky. The Penis sounds like Ron Perlman, or perhaps Ron Jeremy. He can reason well, but his voice is thick and bestial.

·
Registered
229 Posts
when I'm feeling melancholy

when I'm feeling curious and inventive

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
@rheanne, those were truly wonderful. @kaleidoscope, didn't you show me the first track rheanne posted some time ago? I distinctly remember it...

Oh, and they started playing simultaneously and what resulted from combining the two was...very interesting, to say the least.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts