Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hear that's the ideal partner for an isfp I don't know if I have ever even met an Esfj? so wondering what it's like to date one? From some of what i read on the 16 personality's website it sounded like someone I would wanna date.
So yeah any input on this would be great :) also where to find one? since im introverted lol and im female btw if that makes any difference.

·
Banned
2,050 Posts
ESFJs are REALLY common. According to some sites, they (we) make up 13% of the population. Places that I would recommend finding them would be anywhere that people are congregated.

I guess more specific examples would be church, bars, coffee shops, the mall, the park, bookstores, at college, at your job, ... really there are A LOT of us! I have never dated an ISFP, but I know there are many ISFP ESFJ couples and I think it could be awesome.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
ESFJs are basically everywhere, hahaha.

I never dated an ISFP but I can give you some insight about me and my ISFP friend.

At first, she was really shy and I had to force her to be my friend (no kidding, it's actually kinda funny) but I managed to befriend her and now we're super close. We don't have anything in common, but somehow we connect- we cover up for each other's weaknesses and our conversations are always fun. She can sometimes annoy me with her over sensitivity but overall, I love her a lot.

I think generally ESFJ x ISFP is a good combo, and finding an ESFJ for your liking shouldn't be hard.

However, with that in mind please remember to not judge people according to their MBTI type! If you happen to fall in love with an INTP and you have great chemistry together, that's totally awesome as well ;)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No wonder i haven't found any lol,I don't go out much so i mostly meet people online.I don't go to any of those places lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
I imagine that it's a very good relationship. As an INFP I get along very well with my ESFJ father and I appreciate his mannerisms and personality a lot. I can imagine it would be very similar for an ISFP - and maybe even better since you both would have a Sensor connection.

Me and my Dad definitely have that infamous strong sensor divide because his Si is strong as HELL lol and his intuition is terr-uble. But I think we both find each-other interesting because of this divide.

Reactions: sweetirony

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Tram That's interesting :) I think my dad is an Enfp and when i was younger him and i where close now we aren't,i think part of the problem is because he's not assertive enough i wish he was(he's a pushover) Ive wondered if he would have been better at parenting if he had been an Esfj or what that would have been like.Also i still wonder sometimes if im an infp lol.What do u mean by his intuition is terrible though? Can u give me some examples of how u both clash at times?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Personally experienced INFP are really attracted to ESFJs and vice versa ....they have good compatibility with each other and can find similar interest....however they are TOO sensitive and the Fi just didn't work for me....So, we don't talk anymore....However, as per to compatibility it works awesome...
PS : some how I feel ISFPs are more attracted to ESFJs than the ESFJs are in a relationship...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am an ESFJ and I am in a 14 month relationship an ISFP. We get along very well. This is the most fulfilling relationship I've been in, friendship and love wise. He understands me so well. We've always connected with each other. I felt very drawn to him the first time we talked.
Our conflicts: he tends to shut me out when we have a disagreement or when he's feeling a little stressed. He needs alone time, whereas when I feel stressed or I know we have a fight or something, I want to be around him and fix it ASAP. I am VERY clingy, and so is he, but not at my level. That's really our only thing. He needs his space sometimes and I've learned to just wait it out. He always comes around too.
He balances me out and is the only person that can truly calm me down. He's my rock, my anchor. Like I said, I don't like being alone when I'm stressed out (I am almost always stressed lol), and he's the first person I go to when I'm freaking out. He knows EXACTLY what to say to calm me down, and that's usually a hard task.
We are very expressive of our love. We like taking each other out and buying gifts. We say "I love you" A LOT. We like PDA haha. We like showing each other off.
We are very protective of each other but not in a controlling way. In this way we are like family already.
We are always joking around. We're never bored. We're always finding something to do. Our downfall would definitely be having too much fun. I find that I am always nagging him to remember to do schoolwork, to wash his bed sheets, to bring down his dirty plates to the sink hehe.
Social-wise, he's definitely made me more of an introvert, and I kinda like it. I appreciate being home with him more, but we do still go out occasionally. I bring him out of his shell. He didn't really like concerts before I brought him to more.
He takes lots of risks while I like having the comfort of safety and precaution and knowing that I'll survive whatever he's got in his head.
He's definitely my best friend. We goof around together. We're SO comfortable. We just say whatever's on our minds. We agree on so many things. We have the same outlook on life. We're so excited to start a family and travel and have a nice house.
We both love looking presentable for the world and "accidentally" match a lot. We sometimes plan our outfits according to the other. "Are you casual or dressy today?" is something that's asked a lot.
I'm a big crier and he's never cried in front of me. I'm VERY emotional and he's very stoic. I'm patient and he's REALLY impatient. I plan things out while he just does things. He's a salesman while I am a cashier. What I'm saying is that we complement each other so well. He's the best thing to ever happen to me and I feel like I've grown a lot from this relationship!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts