Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a book once called Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance and it encourages to ask "what's best?" instead of "what's new?" And I actually ask people this irl on a daily basis and I feel like it helps me get to know people on a different level. What is best for me today is transparency. I am not one to always want the spotlight or be the center of attention. Most of the time I like to sit back and watch the world without being disturbed. Today I was sitting on a bench downtown and saw the street lights come on one by one. I realized that they do not all come on at the same time. One will come on, ten seconds later a couple more, and so on. I was so lucky to experience this. If I hadn't been enjoying my alone time I would have never known about the street lights. Amazing.

So what is best?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm doing a fifty-book reading challenge on my own and this is one of the books on the list. So.... apparently I need to read it sooner than I had planned.

By the way, a lot of traffic lights are timed - so busier streets will have longer green lights than others. :)

·
Banned
2,873 Posts
We have four traffic lights in my present home town and they are syncronized. Well, the 3 on Main Street are - the fourth one is on North Church Street. The grocery stores started opening Noon Sunday a few years back. And you can get caught by all three lights in Sunday Noon traffic.

Yeah, that's the best in this no-horse town. The one horse it did have died of boredom.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
What's best? I like that, good idea, plus I hate to be asked what's new? Probably because my answer is always "nothing".

What's best for me truely being able to see good in people's heart, even when they don't know how to express it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
What's best? I'm still breathing, I can still think, I still have a house, I have a decent spiritual side, I have people I call friends. What's best with you?

Reactions: elf

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What's best? I like that, good idea, plus I hate to be asked what's new? Probably because my answer is always "nothing".

What's best for me truely being able to see good in people's heart, even when they don't know how to express it.
Even if someone is rude to me or hurtful to others, it is strange but deep down I still like them. And I can feel a deep pain inside of them that I try to ease over time by showing them true kindness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts