Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ENFP

Votes: 3 6.3%
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been quite a lot of debate, arguing and frankly excessive thread derailing over the matter of my type. It seems that almost nobody on Personality Cafe thinks that I am an ENTP, and their opinions go from somewhat valid to borderline insanity. So this is now the official thread for addressing my personality type.

Fellows, go ahead. Post whatever random comments your heart desires that have been derailing so many other threads. I encourage in-thread debates between you as well, because honestly, I've heard every single one of the 16 types so far. It should be funny.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
Oh my, are you still confused about your type, or is everyone else ? What do you think suits you best ?

Reactions: NeonBomb

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh my, are you still confused about your type, or is everyone else ? What do you think suits you best ?
This is primarily for the other users who seem overly interested in the topic. For me, it's more of a curiosity. ENTP is what I put, so clearly that's what I feel suits me best.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I said INTJ. I have not read all of your posts, but I think you can hang.

Reactions: oxytocinjunkie

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I just don't think you're an extrovert; this might help:

Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth
I don't either @hziegel, you know I told you that before, but you know yourself best. I can't possibly know you well enough to make that assessment, I just know a lot of extroverts and you don't seem like one to me. Just my two cents.

But no matter how you type yourself, I still think you are a brilliant and rare creature. : )

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just don't think you're an extrovert; this might help:

Attitudes from the Horse's Mouth
Doesn't that sound an awful lot more like what I was doing with my Ti? Ti is my second strongest function, and I have always associated better with Ne than Ti. However, when I thought I was an INTP, I focused on how much I promote logical thinking, rather than how much I actually use it (somewhat less than Ne). I promoted Ti, yes, but I didn't always use it dominantly (although I'm sure you can argue this as well).

Also, could you elaborate more on why you believe I am introverted?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I said INTJ. I have not read all of your posts, but I think you can hang.
Haha, that's a compliment coming from an INTJ. Thanks. Anyway, do you have any particular reason behind this observation?

·
Old Man
2,834 Posts
Over the while of learning more about Cognitive Functions, I see less and less importance on the other dichotomies (T/F J/P S/N). Considering that things like Ne and Se do the same thing in a person (different structure, and same for Ni/Si, Fi/Ti, etc), but I've founnd that the E/I is quite an important notion.

Introversion and Extroversion determine your orientation to the world around you (or in you). Extroverts are reactionary to their environment, and thought often starts from something in their immediate. Introverts are reactionary to their inside, the thought starts within.

Extroverts exist in a world of things, while things exist in the Introverts world. I see you as more of the latter.

·
Banned
2,505 Posts
hzeigel's personality type is total badass.

I'm inclined to trust your evaluation of yourself as an ENTP, personally.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Over the while of learning more about Cognitive Functions, I see less and less importance on the other dichotomies (T/F J/P S/N). Considering that things like Ne and Se do the same thing in a person (different structure, and same for Ni/Si, Fi/Ti, etc), but I've founnd that the E/I is quite an important notion.

Introversion and Extroversion determine your orientation to the world around you (or in you). Extroverts are reactionary to their environment, and thought often starts from something in their immediate. Introverts are reactionary to their inside, the thought starts within.

Extroverts exist in a world of things, while things exist in the Introverts world. I see you as more of the latter.
I respect your opinion, especially since you know more about the theory than I do. However, I do actually react to external stimuli. The issue at hand is that I don't have very much of that available to me. Hoping to change that soon.

hzeigel's personality type is total badass.

I'm inclined to trust your evaluation of yourself as an ENTP, personally.
Haha, thanks tuna. I guess ENTP goes with "total badass" lol.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
This is primarily for the other users who seem overly interested in the topic. For me, it's more of a curiosity. ENTP is what I put, so clearly that's what I feel suits me best.
Well for what its worth i don't see you as an extrovert either. I see you more of a J than a P. You seem to use more Fe than Fi. Maybe you're an INFJ, or ISTJ, or ISFJ..IDK. I don't connect you with INTJ at all. Just from my experience living with one.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well for what its worth i don't see you as an extrovert either. I see you more of a J than a P. You seem to use more Fe than Fi. Maybe you're an INFJ..IDK. I don't connect you with INTJ at all. Just from my experience living with one.
I definitely do use Fe much more than Fi. I thought I was an ENFP when I first joined the site, but later realized that Fi is definitely not one of my strong points.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Well for what its worth i don't see you as an extrovert either. I see you more of a J than a P. You seem to use more Fe than Fi. Maybe you're an INFJ..IDK. I don't connect you with INTJ at all. Just from my experience living with one.
She doesn't seem very INTJesque to me.

I don't feel I know enough to say J or P, but I think ENT fits well enough. *shrugs*

Also, I voted ISFJ.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
She doesn't seem very INTJesque to me.

I don't feel I know enough to say J or P, but I think ENT fits well enough. *shrugs*

Also, I voted ISFJ.
Yes, i voted ISFJ also :) I see her more as a sensor that an intuitive.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Well, you're not an extrovert, I'll tell you that much. Others have covered why, so I won't go into that.

However, that being said, I do think that you're an Ji dominant, and Ti looks much more likely than Fi. My vote is for INTP, or perhaps INFJ if you're just not showing Fe at this point in time. Lots of them do that.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I definitely do use Fe much more than Fi. I thought I was an ENFP when I first joined the site, but later realized that Fi is definitely not one of my strong points.
Yes, i remember that :D...this is a nice idea for a thread. Maybe i will do the same at some point to see what others think of my type, just for shits and giggles :)

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, you're not an extrovert, I'll tell you that much. Others have covered why, so I won't go into that.

However, that being said, I do think that you're an Ji dominant, and Ti looks much more likely than Fi. My vote is for INTP, or perhaps INFJ if you're just not showing Fe at this point in time. Lots of them do that.
Interesting. I was labeling myself INTP for a while recently. So what makes you say Ji dominant?

Yes, i remember that :D...this is a nice idea for a thread. Maybe i will do the same at some point to see what others think of my type, just for shits and giggles :)
I know, this thread is turning out wonderfully. x3 Already the poll looks like a little rainbow.

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
When I first met you, I thought INFJ. Over time I came to see you as a Thinker, very much so in fact. And I bought you when you switched to ENTP (I certainly do not do that to everyone). But @Scruffy does have a very good point. You do seem to talk "theoretically", but seem to be less precise than a lot of INTP's in communication. Again, that might suggest INFJ. And you said you had a strong Ni, but as crap as the cog function tests are, people seldom score higher on an unconscious function than their dominant function. But that's just something I've noticed...the tests are still horrible and next to useless. The MBTI is better than the cognitive functions tests!

Really, I've never been completely convinced I'm not ENTP either, since I dread details much more than dealing with people. I am uncomfortable with both, but I want to throw up less when using Fe than I do Si. But I relate to Ti more than I do Ne, as much as most of my interests and even skills are more Ne-ish.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts