Personality Cafe banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently I think I have narrowed it down to 54x or 5x4. However I am not sure if I am a 5w6 or a 5w4.But I am interested in seeing if I am missing something which prevents me from narrowing down my type.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I have a quite a few things I would like to pursue in my life, gathering knowledge about stuff that interests me and analysing it from different perspectives. Fun factor also plays a huge role in driving me. Also I usually do look for originality, ideas, competence, what works and also a little bit of stability, if that makes sense.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

Probably to change the perspective of the world, if I become recognized in the future. However I am not entirely sure for now.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I would like to avoid being like everyone else but at the same time, I do seek some form of acceptance. Usually I avoid doing the real hand written tasks. Values like honesty, eccentricity, bluntness, intelligence, competence, rationality are important to me.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I have a fear of not accomplishing my ideals and not being in control of my life. That's because I believe I should be the one who controls my life choices, not others. Doing so would interfere with my independent thinking. As for accomplishing ideals thing, that's mainly due to me realizing that it is hard to be tangible in real life.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as unapproachable, cold, skeptical, competent, rational, intelligent and definitely not as a sore loser. I definitely see me as the latter as of now. I also do view myself as skeptical of others intentions, as someone who can worry a lot when things go wrong.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I am not sure about the first one. However for the latter question, I can become overly critical, emotional, dwelling on the past mistakes when I am at my worst and letting go of things.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

A) Anger is an emotion which I rarely expose in the public, unless it builds up. During that time I can explode.
B) Shame is something which I can feel when I don't do the things I should have done. Or maybe not living up to by goals or ideals.
C)I do feel overly anxious, but only when I am in the crowd or when I foresee a thing which turns out to be wrong, however I didn't do anything to stop it even after anticipating it.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

A) I could suddenly withdraw and submit. Or sometimes lash out at others when I am in stress.
B) I would wonder why I didn't think of that earlier. Can probably become excited or stressed out depending on the change.
C) During conflict, I might either talk down to others or withdraw depending on the context. However before that I would try to find a common ground before proceeding to that state. If a person has huge influence, I would prevent the conflict with that person. Since it can cause unfavourable outcomes in the future.

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?

A) Having some form of authority can lend a hand in influencing the world. Anyways I definitely believe that we shouldn't really trust authority blindly. They always seem to have ulterior motives. Just think for yourself. If they suppressed a lot of information from the public in the past, this pattern hasn't been noted to change. What can you say to guarantee that they aren't doing it now? All that said I still wouldn't challenge authority if I don't have equal power because of fear probably due to childhood experience with teachers.
B) I won't really want to have power, beyond becoming enough powerful to not be ordered around.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?

I usually have pessimistic or somewhat realistic outlook on life. As for humanity, most of the people are inherently selfish however they are at the same time blind to their own selfishness. If you let your guard down, most of them won't even hesitate to exploit you. The true nature of humanity so far seems to be evil. However same can be said about the very nature of life. Also most of the people are the very reason for the creation of criminals due to the society treating minorities poorly. The term minority here can refer to several things. But you get the point. For all those stuff to change, society should be more open minded at the very least.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

It is basically my relationship with bad teachers. Usually they did treat me badly when I tried to come up with different ways of doing things, not obeying them when I didn't think they were right, when I questioned their basis and sometimes when they needed some child to blame etc. Gradually this lead me to have fear of authorities.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I do usually have trust issues with people. Most of the people are wolves in sheep's clothing. However they can also be a source of new information about ideas and stuff like that. So if you do find the right people, they can help you look at stuff from different perspectives. Also I am usually skeptical of any information you can find, unless I analyse it for myself.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.

Not sure about that.

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?

That I have pretty much explained in my views for humanity. Anyways for most of the time I also notice the holes in their arguments, when the things they say don't add up and those sorts of things.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?

I would either get back at them or probably just ignore them depending on my mood. If they compliment me, I find it weird. I wonder why did they compliment me? What were they up to? However on the outside, I would smile at them and say thank you.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?

For the first question, I am not really sure.

As for the second question. I do wish that I was more spontaneous, because often times I struggle to take action over my ideas. I would usually be lost over analysing various perspectives, ideas and plans that it usually would become too late to impliment it. I also do wish that I was more social, less critical of others and perhaps even less skeptical.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Currently I think I have narrowed it down to 54x or 5x4. However I am not sure if I am a 5w6 or a 5w4.But I am interested in seeing if I am missing something which prevents me from narrowing down my type.
Just from reading this, I would say you're a 5w6. I see undertones of 6 throughout the questionnaire, but not any 4. I'm not super interested in tritype anymore, but I'd even say you're actually a 3w4 fix due to you seeming to be highly affiliated with the competency triad.

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?

I have a quite a few things I would like to pursue in my life, gathering knowledge about stuff that interests me and analysing it from different perspectives. Fun factor also plays a huge role in driving me. Also I usually do look for originality, ideas, competence, what works and also a little bit of stability, if that makes sense.
Yeah, that's pretty 5.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?

Probably to change the perspective of the world, if I become recognized in the future. However I am not entirely sure for now.

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?

I would like to avoid being like everyone else but at the same time, I do seek some form of acceptance. Usually I avoid doing the real hand written tasks. Values like honesty, eccentricity, bluntness, intelligence, competence, rationality are important to me.
Seems pretty 1 / 3 / 5 / 6 to me.

Your strive to change the world strikes me as 1, but recognition is tied more with 3. Seeking acceptance seems pretty 3 / 6. Just because you want to be relatively unique does not make you a 4. And any type can hold those values you listed as important.

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?

I have a fear of not accomplishing my ideals and not being in control of my life. That's because I believe I should be the one who controls my life choices, not others. Doing so would interfere with my independent thinking. As for accomplishing ideals thing, that's mainly due to me realizing that it is hard to be tangible in real life.

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?

I want others to see me as unapproachable, cold, skeptical, competent, rational, intelligent and definitely not as a sore loser. I definitely see me as the latter as of now. I also do view myself as skeptical of others intentions, as someone who can worry a lot when things go wrong.
This is super competency triad (1, 3, 5). More so 5 and 3. I think the core fear of type 5 (being useless, helpless, incapable) fits you very well. The skepticism part is quite 5/6.

It's also quite 3 because you desire to be seen a certain (competent) way. And how you fear of not accomplishing your life goals.

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?

I am not sure about the first one. However for the latter question, I can become overly critical, emotional, dwelling on the past mistakes when I am at my worst and letting go of things.
Seems quite 1

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.

A) Anger is an emotion which I rarely expose in the public, unless it builds up. During that time I can explode.
B) Shame is something which I can feel when I don't do the things I should have done. Or maybe not living up to by goals or ideals.
C)I do feel overly anxious, but only when I am in the crowd or when I foresee a thing which turns out to be wrong, however I didn't do anything to stop it even after anticipating it.
A is pretty 9/1.
B is very 3, goal-oriented and ashamed when you don't live up to those ideals. I'm not really sure why you type as a 4 fix.
C is probably 5w6.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.

A) I could suddenly withdraw and submit. Or sometimes lash out at others when I am in stress.
B) I would wonder why I didn't think of that earlier. Can probably become excited or stressed out depending on the change.
C) During conflict, I might either talk down to others or withdraw depending on the context. However before that I would try to find a common ground before proceeding to that state. If a person has huge influence, I would prevent the conflict with that person. Since it can cause unfavourable outcomes in the future.
Withdrawn core (5) sounds about right for you.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.

I do usually have trust issues with people. Most of the people are wolves in sheep's clothing. However they can also be a source of new information about ideas and stuff like that. So if you do find the right people, they can help you look at stuff from different perspectives. Also I am usually skeptical of any information you can find, unless I analyse it for myself.
I'm probably a 6w5 and this is very relatable, as is your fear of authorities. I think that you are a 5, though, because the core fear and desire seems spot-on for you. But definitely, I would say 5w6 is your core.

I don't find tritype super helpful to people who are first exploring enneagram, but I would suggest that 5w6 3w4 1w9 is your tritype.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just from reading this, I would say you're a 5w6. I see undertones of 6 throughout the questionnaire, but not any 4. I'm not super interested in tritype anymore, but I'd even say you're actually a 3w4 fix due to you seeming to be highly affiliated with the competency triad.

Yeah, that's pretty 5.

Seems pretty 1 / 3 / 5 / 6 to me.

Your strive to change the world strikes me as 1, but recognition is tied more with 3. Seeking acceptance seems pretty 3 / 6. Just because you want to be relatively unique does not make you a 4. And any type can hold those values you listed as important.

This is super competency triad (1, 3, 5). More so 5 and 3. I think the core fear of type 5 (being useless, helpless, incapable) fits you very well. The skepticism part is quite 5/6.

It's also quite 3 because you desire to be seen a certain (competent) way. And how you fear of not accomplishing your life goals.

Seems quite 1

A is pretty 9/1.
B is very 3, goal-oriented and ashamed when you don't live up to those ideals. I'm not really sure why you type as a 4 fix.
C is probably 5w6.

Withdrawn core (5) sounds about right for you.

I'm probably a 6w5 and this is very relatable, as is your fear of authorities. I think that you are a 5, though, because the core fear and desire seems spot-on for you. But definitely, I would say 5w6 is your core.

I don't find tritype super helpful to people who are first exploring enneagram, but I would suggest that 5w6 3w4 1w9 is your tritype.
Fear of authority thing is usually due to negative experiences with them when I was a kid, perhaps. Anyways I would look into the description of 531 and get back here. What is my instinctual variation tho?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Anyways I have read the description for both tritypes(541 and 531) just now. I would bold the the parts I relate to in here. Maybe due to some experiences it could have some influence on relating to some aspects of both tritypes.
Edit: I am also adding 514 description since you have not noted much of a 4 in my post.

5-3-1: one of the most cold-blooded and self-controlled of the Fives, this tritype is remarkably efficient, hard-working and competent, although a little bit anal as well. They demand recognition for their contributions and are fairly concerned with their image and intellectual value. Somewhat self-righteous and impatient with others, they are however pragmatic and tactful enough not to compromise their goals by being too inflexible. These Fives are very clever, self-confident, perfectionist, arrogant and glacial.
typical subtypes: social, self-preserving, 5w6
similar tritypes: 5-1-3, 3-5-1
flavours: cold, composed, efficient and self-important

5-4-1:
these Fives are perhaps the most typical of this type’s usual description – they’re withdrawn, imaginative, ingenious, detail-oriented and sensitive. Very intelligent and creative but also somewhat capricious, fussy and impractical, they have explicit standards of intellectual ability and artistic taste and tend to reject and ridicule anything and anyone that doesn’t rise up to them. Typical isolationists who feel misunderstood by society, they hide in their ivory tower of ideas and ideals, abstractly reconstructing reality according to their own terms.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, sexual, 5w4
similar tritypes: 4-5-1, 1-5-4
flavours: individualistic, elegant, inventive and nit-picking

5-1-4:
these Fives stand out by being rather fussy - they’re pretentious and perfectionist and can be highly demanding of their environment. Idealistic and principled, these Fives can be very criticizing and rejecting of people and situations that do not meet their standards – many would call them fastidious. To a certain extent, they believe themselves to be superior and different from others - misunderstood but brilliant. Indeed their intellect, insightfulness and logical thinking, as well as their physical and emotional fragility contribute to an overly cerebral image.
typical subtypes: self-preserving, 5w4, 5w6
similar tritypes: 1-5-4, 5-4-1
flavours: principled, precise, finicky and sensitive

Hope it helps you to narrow down my type.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Fear of authority thing is usually due to negative experiences with them when I was a kid, perhaps. Anyways I would look into the description of 531 and get back here. What is my instinctual variation tho?
I just read the description stuff, and I don't like typing based on those descriptions. They're too stereotypical, and from my perspective they tend to be a bunch of words that don't really have to do with the core essences of the types themselves.
I think it just makes things more confusing for beginners. For example, I've personally mistyped as a 137 based on those descriptions back when I was getting into enneagram, but as I read more about type 7 I obviously wasn't anything to do with that type.

If you believe you're a 4 fix, you know yourself better than I do. All I have from you is that questionnaire, and based on it I think you're either 531 or 513, and I don't think that is in any way contradictory with what you bolded in those descriptions. I'd just recommend looking more into the core fears and desires for each fix instead of the basic tritype descriptions.

Variants, you seem sp-dom. Questionnaires don't measure sx very well, but I think sp/so might be fitting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just read the description stuff, and I don't like typing based on those descriptions. They're too stereotypical, and from my perspective they tend to be a bunch of words that don't really have to do with the core essences of the types themselves.
I think it just makes things more confusing for beginners. For example, I've personally mistyped as a 137 based on those descriptions back when I was getting into enneagram, but as I read more about type 7 I obviously wasn't anything to do with that type.

If you believe you're a 4 fix, you know yourself better than I do. All I have from you is that questionnaire, and based on it I think you're either 531 or 513, and I don't think that is in any way contradictory with what you bolded in those descriptions. I'd just recommend looking more into the core fears and desires for each fix instead of the basic tritype descriptions.

Variants, you seem sp-dom. Questionnaires don't measure sx very well, but I think sp/so might be fitting.
Thanks for your input, anyways now that I have read about motivations and fears, I guess I would relate slightly more with 3 motivations and fears than 4, however I also want some forms of individuality and difference from my peers. So probably 3w4 as the second type explains it better. However I definitely don't relate more to 1s such factors than either 3 or 4. So probably it should be the final type for me then.

Anyways which MBTI type does this tritype correlate to. I am genuinely curious about that since I have quite a bit of trouble narrowing down my type due to thinking about various perspectives.

Also basically, how is the sp, sx thing usually determined?

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Thanks for your input, anyways now that I have read about motivations and fears, I guess I would relate slightly more with 3 motivations and fears than 4, however I also want some forms of individuality and difference from my peers. So probably 3w4 as the second type explains it better. However I definitely don't relate more to 1s such factors than either 3 or 4. So probably it should be the final type for me then.

Anyways which MBTI type does this tritype correlate to. I am genuinely curious about that since I have quite a bit of trouble narrowing down my type due to thinking about various perspectives.

Also basically, how is the sp, sx thing usually determined?
Cool, I'm glad you read motivations and fears. I think that a lot of 3w4s while they want the recognition, do want to stand out as individual and that is the 4 flavoring coming in. So I think that makes sense for you.
I can see 1 last since I saw more influence in the fear/shame triads in your original post than in anger.

I think you need to find your MBTI type separately from tritype. There are several types that can correlate with the 531 tritype. Most of the T types correlate well, and you are already sure you're a T anyway.
Based on this questionnaire alone, I get a Te vibe and would probably guess INTJ, but I'm not sure. I don't really like MBTI. There are questionnaires that focus specifically on MBTI and I would recommend filling one out if you haven't already.

The variants thing is kind of hard to describe. I've never found any good articles about it, just good posts here and there but I don't really have time to locate any right now as I am at work.
My basic understanding:
sp = focus on self and self's needs
sx = focus on intimate connections
so = focus on groups and impact on society

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, I'm glad you read motivations and fears. I think that a lot of 3w4s while they want the recognition, do want to stand out as individual and that is the 4 flavoring coming in. So I think that makes sense for you.
I can see 1 last since I saw more influence in the fear/shame triads in your original post than in anger.

I think you need to find your MBTI type separately from tritype. There are several types that can correlate with the 531 tritype. Most of the T types correlate well, and you are already sure you're a T anyway.
Based on this questionnaire alone, I get a Te vibe and would probably guess INTJ, but I'm not sure. I don't really like MBTI. There are questionnaires that focus specifically on MBTI and I would recommend filling one out if you haven't already.

The variants thing is kind of hard to describe. I've never found any good articles about it, just good posts here and there but I don't really have time to locate any right now as I am at work.
My basic understanding:
sp = focus on self and self's needs
sx = focus on intimate connections
so = focus on groups and impact on society
Thanks for your answers. I definitely think I am sp/so from those descriptions. Probably online enneagram tests asking questions about individuality, uniqueness could be the reason why I have typed as 54x. So far MBTI cognitive function descriptions I have read and the general descriptions I have read seem to suffer from Barnum Effect from my perspective. From that perspective Enneagram seems better personality test imo. Anyways I wanted to narrow down my type from existing data, most of the people type me as INTx, with few ISTJ(which is also possible imo), ISTP, INFP and ENTP. Btw I have filled the questionnaire for that test few days ago.

·
Registered
15,058 Posts
Thanks for your answers. I definitely think I am sp/so from those descriptions. Probably online enneagram tests asking questions about individuality, uniqueness could be the reason why I have typed as 54x. So far MBTI cognitive function descriptions I have read and the general descriptions I have read seem to suffer from Barnum Effect from my perspective. From that perspective Enneagram seems better personality test imo. Anyways I wanted to narrow down my type from existing data, most of the people type me as INTx, with few ISTJ(which is also possible imo), ISTP, INFP and ENTP. Btw I have filled the questionnaire for that test few days ago.
Yeah. I've had similar experiences with online enneagram tests, but I still think it's better than MBTI. The descriptions are yikes. I think I've learned most about cognitive functions through talking to other people interested in typology.

I think ISTJ is more likely than INTP based on this questionnaire alone. I really see a lot of Te here.
I would think that INFP is strange for you.
If you have an MBTI questionnaire I'll look at it and give feedback. I don't want to search the forum though so if you can link it I'll give it a go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah. I've had similar experiences with online enneagram tests, but I still think it's better than MBTI. The descriptions are yikes. I think I've learned most about cognitive functions through talking to other people interested in typology.

I think ISTJ is more likely than INTP based on this questionnaire alone. I really see a lot of Te here.
I would think that INFP is strange for you.
If you have an MBTI questionnaire I'll look at it and give feedback. I don't want to search the forum though so if you can link it I'll give it a go.
Ok here you go. I have also given few information which wasn't asked in the questionnaire because previous questionnaire I had tried seemed vague.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts