Personality Cafe banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Main Questions

1. What drives you in life? What do you look for?
I want to be happy, have a lot of romance, raise great kids, learn lots of different things and record my life as it happens. I look for true friends, fun, adventure and purpose.

2. What do you hope to accomplish in your life?
I want my kids to be happier than I was, I want to lead a church in someway, I want to publish a book, have a popular blog etc... I have a huge bucket list

3. What do you hope to avoid doing or being? What values are important to you?
I want to avoid being lazy and missing out on opportunities, although I'm not a very driven person. My values are honesty, love and generosity

4. What are your biggest fears (not including phobias)? Why?
Not accomplishing anything, being seen as a loser, not having satisfying friendships, being fat forever, spiders, crocodiles and snakes, natural disasters, not being in the right place with God when it matters, never having a boyfriend or being in love, being things stolen from me, being publicly humiliated etc

5. How do you want others to see you? How do you see yourself?
I want others to see me as inspiring, fun, interesting, kind, worth being friends with
I see myself as unmotivated, greedy, lazy, generous, intelligent but still slow in some ways, out of touch with other people/reality, behind for someone in her age group (I'm 22), someone that has missed out on a lot

6. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
I feel best when I'm sharing experiances/stories with people, and being accepted as part of a group, or having fun
I feel worse when I stub my toe, have blood tests that take too long, get in screaming matches with family members, get rejected or watch love movies etc and think about what I'm missing out on. No one wants me :( well, no one that I want back.

7. Describe how you experience each of: a) anger; b) shame; c) anxiety.
a) anger- I explain why I'm feeling what I'm feeling, then spend time alone, but find someone to vent to
b) shame- I try to keep the feelings to myself, because I get to embarrassed to talk about it, if its cringe worthy, sometimes I will cry and will feel tempted to self injure
c) anxiety- I try to spend time around other people, so if something happens, I won't be alone.

8. Describe how you respond to each of: a) stress; b) unexpected change; c) conflict.
a) stress- try to work out solutions, then have a sleep
b) unexpected change- get really stressed out, I'm a planner, I hate the cards being turned on me, I'm not exactly a flexible person, unless something better comes along
c) conflict- I will explain where I am coming from, then strive for a win/win situation

9. Describe your orientation to: a) authority; b) power. How do you respond to these?
huh? I don't understand the question.

10. What is your overall outlook on life and humanity?
I think it can be wonderful or really terrible. They do say that life is 10% what happens, and 90% how your respond to it. I think life can be really good if you think about the positive things, but there is a lot of evil and bad in the world, and you would be naive and self centered to pretend it didn't exist.

Optional Questions

11. Discuss an event that has impacted your life significantly; more importantly, how you responded to it.

12. Comment on your relationship with trust.
I think there are some people worth trusting, and the people that disagree are those with poor judgement. I think to get good judgement, you have to trust some of the wrong people, and recognise patterns.

13. List some of the traits you: a) like; b) dislike most about yourself.
a) I have big dreams, I avoid conflict
b) I have trouble getting anything done, I get discouraged easily by criticism

14. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
Negative qualities... I see lots of people and wonder how they have friends... there are lots of people that are nice to people around them but are horrible to me, without having a good reason- maybe they sense that I can see through their mask, and they feel threatened. I like authenticity and people that are honest to themselves and others.

15. If a stranger insults you, how do you respond/feel? What if they compliment you?
I respond badly... I don't think someone should insult you until they really know you, because otherwise they end up looking ignorant.
Compliments are always welcome.

16. What's something you are: a) thankful you have; b) wish you could have? Why?
a) I am thankful for my ESFP friend, we have such a great time together, and she randomly called my yesterday for a chat, which never happens, so I was grateful
b) I wish I could have a boyfriend, but I don't think I'm ready, because I want to wait until I'm worth dating, and ready for marriage.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
I think you are a core 9, my dear

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did the PerC test and got 4w5, 6w5, 1w2... does that sound right to anyone?

Just realised I got two 5's... is that possible/right? I'm sure there was a 9 in there somewhere.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
You know, maybe I'm just very off, but I see a lot of 7 in you. You seem to be driven for experience, and appear to be a relatively positive person by the way you answered questions. You also enjoy having fun - and you like to trust but at the same time dislike insincerity, which strikes me as both 6ish and 4ish. You remind me of a few friends of mine who are 7s. I see a little 9, but it wasn't the overall vibe I got from your answers.

Maybe 7w6, 9w8, 4w5? Check out the 794 tritype. There's a thread here:

http://personalitycafe.com/type-9-forum-peacemaker/86098-479-tritype.html

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Oh no! I just read a descriptions page, and it sounds a lot like me! Its so hard to know... what if you see yourself in the majority of ennegrams?
Everyone has a little of every type in them. My advice would be to look at the DOD and DOI (direction of disintegration/integration). We all begin to show traits of these types when we're stressed/in a good place. Do you see a pattern in your own behavior?

For example... as a 4, I behave like a 2 when I'm unhealthy. I become clingy, manipulative, codependent, ect. When I'm healthy, I'm able to see objectively and really make sense of the world from a less emotional standpoint and become more organized and put together (like a 1). Every type has different DOD and DOI. You can also look at the misidentifications of the types if you're between two types. That's the website they originate from, but you can also see them in the specific enneagram type sections on this forum. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts