• Isfj

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I want to figure out my personality type I'm stuck between an infj and an isfj. I'll answer some questions and wait for someone's response.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Answer: yeah I have ocd anxiety and depression but I'm getting better.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Answer: I'm sitting here for minutes trying to come up with an answer. Nothing comes to mind. Let me think. Firstly I'd try to calm the people who got annoyed and defend the people who got blamed. Initial thoughts would be fuck. What can we do to get there.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

Answer: I'm not staying I don't like loud places(why am I at this concert in the first place then). I won't really believe the driver. I'll either drive us back myself or leave alone before everyone else(considering I said I'm not staying at the after-party I'd most likely leave first).

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Answer: well I already left soooo....joking
Depends. In this particular situation I will most likely not say anything because I'd be too tired. But ignoring that factor I'd try to understand where they are coming from. If I can't make sense out of their arguments I'd offer another approach and explain why it might be better.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Answer: I don't know why I'm answering this this is clearly meant for figuring out if a person has fi or not. I'd be irritated but if I'm given reasons I might calm down. This was about beliefs. Experiences and habits I don't really care especially about the experiences. An experience isn't universal or is it. I might get annoyed because I was interrupted(habits), no I would be really annoyed if something clashes my habits. Hypocrite much am I. Anyways next question.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Answer: hm let me think what values are there. I value my family even though their values clash with mine most of the time. I value honesty. I value kindness, wisdom, intelligence(in any shape or form), individuality maybe. Easy give me a logical argument and a good explanation. Will it change my take on it who knows I'm stubborn.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Answer: I'm quite, observant(I might just stare at you for a while), I like reading between the lines(I would bring an example but it'd take too long), I like going deep into things I want to find the core of a problem, issue or an event. I'm very stubborn, inflexible(this is something I'd want to change because life would be much easier if I was a little more flexible).

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Answer: don't know what to answer to this. Let me think. Oh I actually treat hunches seriously in threatening situation to me. Threat. I guess I don't know this is the answer if my answer is honest and I didn't misunderstand or misinterpret anything(is it even possible).

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Answer: thinking, dreaming, being in my head, listening to music, reading, socializing, having an insightful conversation, sports, asking people to talk about me.
Drain: socializing, doing something I don't want to, sports(duh), pointless arguments, loudness, too many details, the past, talking about my feelings a lot and so on.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Answer: I might come up with a brilliant answer but my head hurts from answering this many questions(only ten). I might keep my thoughts and opinions to myself, I'll try to hide annoyance, sadness(unless I want that person to talk to me about my sadness which is quite often I'm not good at hiding my emotions but that wasn't the question), the reason to all of this is to not inconvenience the others. I try to stop fantasizing when I'm around people to concentrate on them.

That's it, thank you for reading.

·
Registered
INTJ
203 Posts
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

Answer: I'm quite, observant(I might just stare at you for a while), I like reading between the lines(I would bring an example but it'd take too long), I like going deep into things I want to find the core of a problem, issue or an event. I'm very stubborn, inflexible(this is something I'd want to change because life would be much easier if I was a little more flexible).
So far this is the only case of Ni I can find and it's tenuous.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

Answer: don't know what to answer to this. Let me think. Oh I actually treat hunches seriously in threatening situation to me. Threat. I guess I don't know this is the answer if my answer is honest and I didn't misunderstand or misinterpret anything(is it even possible).
This question is directly about Si and Ni. You answered it as Si since you say you repressed your intuition.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Answer: I might come up with a brilliant answer but my head hurts from answering this many questions(only ten). I might keep my thoughts and opinions to myself, I'll try to hide annoyance, sadness(unless I want that person to talk to me about my sadness which is quite often I'm not good at hiding my emotions but that wasn't the question), the reason to all of this is to not inconvenience the others. I try to stop fantasizing when I'm around people to concentrate on them.

That's it, thank you for reading.
I'm pretty sure you are ISFJ. There is pretty much no evidence for you having Ni and as you know INFJ leads with Ni so it should be fairly apparent if you have it. You also answered the Si question exactly how I imagined you would.

Si from Jung:
"His unconscious is distinguished chiefly by the repression of intuition,
which consequently acquires an extraverted and archaic character.
Whereas true extraverted intuition is possessed of a singular
resourcefulness, a “good nose” for objectively real possibilities, this
archaicized intuition has an amazing flair for all the ambiguous, shadowy,
sordid, dangerous possibilities lurking in the background."

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I don't see Ni at all and I see quite some Si. Most of what you wrote here is Fe, introversion + random stuff and fillers though. I vote for ISFJ!

This probably won't help you, but to me your vibe is ISFJ, too.

I'm very stubborn, inflexible(this is something I'd want to change because life would be much easier if I was a little more flexible).
This is an issue for Si-doms.

You also just seem to value real-world things (family, money and so on. Which translates to tradition and security). You seem to at least be kind of in touch with yourself and at least kind of grounded in this world.

An INFJ at your health level (depression, OCD,... ) would be far gone.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see Ni at all and I see quite some Si. Most of what you wrote here is Fe, introversion + random stuff and fillers though. I vote for ISFJ!

This probably won't help you, but to me your vibe is ISFJ, too.

This is an issue for Si-doms.

You also just seem to value real-world things (family, money and so on. Which translates to tradition and security). You seem to at least be kind of in touch with yourself and at least kind of grounded in this world.

An INFJ at your health level (depression, OCD,... ) would be far gone.
What do you mean by far gone .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far this is the only case of Ni I can find and it's tenuous.

This question is directly about Si and Ni. You answered it as Si since you say you repressed your intuition.

I'm pretty sure you are ISFJ. There is pretty much no evidence for you having Ni and as you know INFJ leads with Ni so it should be fairly apparent if you have it. You also answered the Si question exactly how I imagined you would.

Si from Jung:
"His unconscious is distinguished chiefly by the repression of intuition,
which consequently acquires an extraverted and archaic character.
Whereas true extraverted intuition is possessed of a singular
resourcefulness, a “good nose” for objectively real possibilities, this
archaicized intuition has an amazing flair for all the ambiguous, shadowy,
sordid, dangerous possibilities lurking in the background."
I knew I was going to get an answer like this because of that question .

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
What do you mean by far gone .
Ni is focused on the grand vision. Cosmic laws. For example the idea of rebirthing until we reach a state of awakening is very Ni/FE. The great unknown. INFJs have an intuition about that, like a higher knowing.

So you can maybe see that a unhealthy Ni-dom could go crazy about conspiracy theories.
"Someone is controlling us all, life is just a simulation"
"They put drugs in our foods to enslave us"

OCD is very Si, because it's about detail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts