Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ya,

I've been trying to figure out what but personality type is for what feels like FOREVER, and there has been no such luck. Mostly because I keep thinking I'm a new type and can't stick to one. I tried everything, even looking into the MBTI cognitive functions, so I'm pretty desperate hahahaha. Anyways I thought this would be my best bet, so I thought maybe I'd tell some stuff about me and see what everyone thinks. So here we go:

.) I value emotions and morals, and I think it's important to be yourself and be happy. But I personally hate it when I am too self-reflecting. Because when I get into all that too much I seem to get a little stuck in it and I feel like a worse person. I hate to say it but sometimes I would rather just put all my emotions away (at least the bad ones) and focus on the more important things and have a good time, living life and exploring the world.

.) I love writing and coming up with ideas and stories, although I never finish them. Writing has been one of the things I have never stopped doing like other hobbies I get into.

.) Most people I met think I can be a little too quiet at first, (because I don't wanna freak them out) but once I see them again I can be a little all over the place. Most people think I'm introverted, but I don't really know if I am or not, cause even though I can be quiet I'm my happiest and most energetic around my friends and people I just meet, even though I try to hide it most of the time. I love meeting new people because I think I have a new chance to be myself and I think its fun to entertain people with all the crazy things I come up with.

.) I love comforting people and inspiring them when I get the chance. Whether someone is pouring their heart out about something that is bothering them at work, or someone is anxious about something, I always take the chance to make them feel better and let them know the honest truth.

.) And lastly, when I'm in the depths of despair I somehow always get sucked back into the past and I absolutely hate it! Even if I'm sick I'm always in this terrible middle ground where I get stuck thinking about what things used to be like and I also kind of try to fix it by working on myself but end up feeling worse about the whole thing.

Thank you so much for helping me! I hope this helps you help type me cause I'm stumped.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey ya,

I've been trying to figure out what but personality type is for what feels like FOREVER, and there has been no such luck. Mostly because I keep thinking I'm a new type and can't stick to one. I tried everything, even looking into the MBTI cognitive functions, so I'm pretty desperate hahahaha. Anyways I thought this would be my best bet, so I thought maybe I'd tell some stuff about me and see what everyone thinks. So here we go:

.) I value emotions and morals, and I think it's important to be yourself and be happy. But I personally hate it when I am too self-reflecting. Because when I get into all that too much I seem to get a little stuck in it and I feel like a worse person. I hate to say it but sometimes I would rather just put all my emotions away (at least the bad ones) and focus on the more important things and have a good time, living life and exploring the world.

.) I love writing and coming up with ideas and stories, although I never finish them. Writing has been one of the things I have never stopped doing like other hobbies I get into.

.) Most people I met think I can be a little too quiet at first, (because I don't wanna freak them out) but once I see them again I can be a little all over the place. Most people think I'm introverted, but I don't really know if I am or not, cause even though I can be quiet I'm my happiest and most energetic around my friends and people I just meet, even though I try to hide it most of the time. I love meeting new people because I think I have a new chance to be myself and I think its fun to entertain people with all the crazy things I come up with.

.) I love comforting people and inspiring them when I get the chance. Whether someone is pouring their heart out about something that is bothering them at work, or someone is anxious about something, I always take the chance to make them feel better and let them know the honest truth.

.) And lastly, when I'm in the depths of despair I somehow always get sucked back into the past and I absolutely hate it! Even if I'm sick I'm always in this terrible middle ground where I get stuck thinking about what things used to be like and I also kind of try to fix it by working on myself but end up feeling worse about the whole thing.

Thank you so much for helping me! I hope this helps you help type me cause I'm stumped.
Based on what you wrote I would actually think ENFP because you had evidence that would suggest Fi and Fe. The intuition is hard to find but the last thing you wrote sounded like inferior Si to me. ESFJ is possible I really don’t know there isn’t too much to go off of so it’s a reach no matter what type I give.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, interesting....I did a little reading on ESFJ. And I didn't really feel like it explained me, as a person that well. Just because I've never really been that practical, mother hen, social status kind of person. Not to say all ESFJ's are like that. So maybe I should write a few more little things about myself that might help a little more.

.) I personally don't think Social norms and status are that important, and while I can sometimes change aspects of myself to fit the situation and please those I'm around I really hate to do that because I feel a little trapped. Trapped in the way that I'm not being 100% myself. I don't know I just end up feeling like a trashcan when I'm put into any kind of box I guess.

.) When it comes to relationships with people, I think looks aren't the most important. I mean I appreciate a nice face and fall in love like really quickly. But I'd much rather be with someone that is fun to be around and wants to go on impulsive adventures. I just really value being about to experience everything with someone, because there's a lot to do and I want to have fun with someone.

.) I'm the messiest person I know, but I know where everything is, for the most part. Even some of my best friends say I am the most scattered, random, messiest person they've ever met. But somehow I still know where everything is. Like my room is a disaster but I could tell you exactly where I left my car keys, with amazing accuracy. Like I'm a mess but I know whats going on.

.) I have the mood swings of a two-year-old. Most would say that's a bad thing but I usually switch from happy, to sad, too excited pretty quick, so it doesn't really matter and most people won't even notice. And even though I'm usually pretty nice and happy, if someone upsets me I could rip there face-off but I usually don't because I physically can't hold a grudge cause I forget I was angry within 3 minutes hahahaha

.) And lastly, I really like being the center of attention, but you would never know. I know that sounds really stupid but earlier I think I said I love entertaining people. I love being around a large group and meeting new people and just making life even better for those around me. even since I was a kid I remember seeing someone I didn't even know do something funny and it making my day, so I kinda just like to do something I think is funny even if I thought no one would notice because I never knew if it would make someone's day.

I have no idea if that helped you even a little bit but I appreciate the help ;)

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
723 Posts
You might be an ENFP, why don't you try reading a little about this type and see if it feels right?

Reactions: FlyingT

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

18) What kind of things do pay the least attention to in your life

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
723 Posts
Oh okay, I'll read up! It's so hard to figure this stuff out I feel biased hahahaha
You see, I'm an ENFP myself and I related to most of the stuff you wrote. Also, you reminded me of myself with our little exchange in another discussion. Hahahaha don't worry about it, you'll figure it out, we'll help you 💕

Reactions: FlyingT

·
Registered
129 Posts
I am curious what you think of ENFP because I agree with @passionate. I think your first one may have thrown people off because you mention Si, but you definitely mention it in a negative way and many people don’t know that when stressed people tend to flip their functions so if you flip Si than you would be an Ne dominate. But who knows you might not relate with it for all I know.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just looking at the functions I find it kind of hard to determine which ones apply to me and which ones don't, cause I can see a little bit of me in each one of them. Also, a lot of my friends really like MBTI so if I told them "I'm an ENFJ" for example they would say I'm nothing like that type. And I've just had a lot of people try to type me, some will say I'm definitely an extrovert and some that I'm an introvert so it just gets really confusing.

I yearn for like Adventure and connection with people. I really love being connected to people and spending time with them talking about everything or nothing at all.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
At my most authentic I'm really loud and excitable. I see everything around me and my head is clear, so all my ideas come to life. I just feel warm and sunny, if that makes sense.

When I'm too much like myself. Don't get me wrong it's really important to me that I am myself, because I love being myself. But when I was a little girl people always kind of said I was too loud, too crazy, and very dramatic, and that makes me a little warry to be myself because I don't wanna turn people away, because I wanna be connected to them.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It's really hard for me to make decisions because I might wanna do one thing, but I also want my friends to be happy, and most of the time I just pick one impulsively.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When I'm working on my writing, for example, I emphasize the characters and their journey and I kind of see where it takes me. In real life, I don't need to have control of every outcome, although I do have wishes of what those outcomes will be in situations.

Definitely driving in the car with my friends, taking in the scenery, the music is souring through the air and were singing at the top of our lungs. We joke around and time kind seems to stop. I wish I could go back there.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Hands-on, my memory isn't the best hahahaha. Although I can theorize things too I prefer hands-on

Not very organized at all. My room hasn't been clean for more than two days in my entire life.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If someone was to give me a new idea I would be pretty open to it, just cause I want to know what would happen. I kinda look at it as a whole. Like if someone were to give me a blueprint I would look at the invention and what it could do for myself and my friends rather than look at how it's made.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
In a group, I usually stick close and try to be active in the conversation. But if I see someone on the sidelines I will go and talk to them cause I know what it's like to be on the outskirts.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking sometimes and end up feeling terrible about it, for sure. I don't really have a preference, btu you can definitely get to know people better one on one

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I leap right away, Although depending on the situation I do think of the possibilities that may come if I do the jump. Actions do speak louder than words, but sometimes it depends on the person.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
See what my friends are doing, I can always watch the show later.

I lock myself away from the world and listen to music until it's time to put my pants on and try nto to worry. cause worry gets you nowhere, to be honest.

Definitely, if they are manipulative. I can deal with rude people because sometimes people have their reasons but the second you start using people and throw them away or only care about getting attention and nothing else we will not vibe.

I love getting anyone's thoughts on an idea or a Tv show. I just think its fun to see if they think it would be better,and how?

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Cleaning, for sure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friend perceives me as loud, funny, and a lot to handle at times. While Some people perceive me as shy, yielding, scared. I'm not shy I just don't wanna ruin anything or make people dislike me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
An outing with my friends, I hate being at home. I don't care where we go just somewhere.

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am curious what you think of ENFP because I agree with @passionate. I think your first one may have thrown people off because you mention Si, but you definitely mention it in a negative way and many people don’t know that when stressed people tend to flip their functions so if you flip Si than you would be an Ne dominate. But who knows you might not relate with it for all I know.
I feel like I have the same struggles as ENFP, especially with Si. I just wonder if I'm Extrovert cause as much as I love being with my friends and meeting new people, I can come off very introverted. And I know its a stereotype and those can be wrong but I'm not always happy and spitting Rainbows, I'm kinda moody sometimes which I hate.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
723 Posts
I feel like I have the same struggles as ENFP, especially with Si. I just wonder if I'm Extrovert cause as much as I love being with my friends and meeting new people, I can come off very introverted. And I know its a stereotype and those can be wrong but I'm not always happy and spitting Rainbows, I'm kinda moody sometimes which I hate.
Me too actually!! Here's a little fun fact, ENFPs are known as the most introverted extroverts.

I'll tell you about how it is with me. When I was younger I was extremely shy. During elementary and middle school; i was friends with all my classmates, but was quiet around anyone outside my circle. When meeting new kids, it would take me a little while before starting to completely open up hahaha! So as a kid I thought I was introverted, but I'm not.

Now as an adult I'm more bubbly and can seem quite chatty on certain days (my shyness is still there, but I can control it better LOL!). I can easily get along with anyone. I've befriended many students from different years in collage, some professors too. If I went to get coffee and was late, there's a big chance i ended up enjoying a chat with the barista.

I, too, love my friends and enjoy meeting new people. But there are days were i run out of social energy, so I'd just curl up in my own bubble and disconnect temporarily. Being a social butterfly 24/7 is honestly impossible. I need sometime alone to self reflect and digest everything I've been exposing myself to. I wouldn't brush someone off if they approached me on such days, but i would be more of a listener than a talker. After I manage recharge, I'd be back to normal and just explode with energy hahaha!!

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Me too actually!! Here's a little fun fact, ENFPs are known as the most introverted extroverts.

I'll tell you about how it is with me. When I was younger I was extremely shy. During elementary and middle school; i was friends with all my classmates, but was quiet around anyone outside my circle. When meeting new kids, it would take me a little while before starting to completely open up hahaha! So as a kid I thought I was introverted, but I'm not.

Now as an adult I'm more bubbly and can seem quite chatty on certain days (my shyness is still there, but I can control it better LOL!). I can easily get along with anyone. I've befriended many students from different years in collage, some professors too. If I went to get coffee and was late, there's a big chance i ended up enjoying a chat with the barista.

I, too, love my friends and enjoy meeting new people. But there are days were i run out of social energy, so I'd just curl up in my own bubble and disconnect temporarily. Being a social butterfly 24/7 is honestly impossible. I need sometime alone to self reflect and digest everything I've been exposing myself to. I wouldn't brush someone off if they approached me on such days, but i would be more of a listener than a talker. After I manage recharge, I'd be back to normal and just explode with energy hahaha!!
Interesting that almost exactly like when I was a kid hahaha. I was reading a little more about ENFP and think it fits me pretty well aside from the obviously wrong stereotypes of being Manic Pixie dream girls that spew rainbows and kittens. I think the functions make sense for me too, and being intuitive is kinda what I always thought I was. It actually nice to find another person that is relatable and turns out to have the same personality type as you.

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
Just looking at the functions I find it kind of hard to determine which ones apply to me and which ones don't, cause I can see a little bit of me in each one of them. Also, a lot of my friends really like MBTI so if I told them "I'm an ENFJ" for example they would say I'm nothing like that type. And I've just had a lot of people try to type me, some will say I'm definitely an extrovert and some that I'm an introvert so it just gets really confusing.
A lot of people read a horoscope blog and pretend they are know-it-alls for MBTI. ENFJ is definitely an extrovert of the extraverted types. I don't think you would be mistook as an introvert if you are ENFJ. Also if you are reading function stacks, read them from Jung. If you go on a Youtube spree or just go to random sites you will find a barrage of adjectives and some are bound to describe you just by the nature of so many people saying so many things without realizing the underlying causes for such traits.

Of course you could just have some weird standard for what introvert means or that person could have a weird standard. Somewhere between complete shut in with a body pillow for company and not wanting to talk to strangers in public.

I yearn for like Adventure and connection with people. I really love being connected to people and spending time with them talking about everything or nothing at all.
This is Extroverted Feeling

At my most authentic I'm really loud and excitable. I see everything around me and my head is clear, so all my ideas come to life. I just feel warm and sunny, if that makes sense.
Could be anything.

When I'm too much like myself. Don't get me wrong it's really important to me that I am myself, because I love being myself. But when I was a little girl people always kind of said I was too loud, too crazy, and very dramatic, and that makes me a little warry to be myself because I don't wanna turn people away, because I wanna be connected to them.
I think this is still Fe and you consistently talk about yourself as an E.

It's really hard for me to make decisions because I might wanna do one thing, but I also want my friends to be happy, and most of the time I just pick one impulsively.
This is also Fe. You keep talking about how much more important it is for others to be happy over you. That you change according to your surroundings which is Fe.

When I'm working on my writing, for example, I emphasize the characters and their journey and I kind of see where it takes me. In real life, I don't need to have control of every outcome, although I do have wishes of what those outcomes will be in situations.
This is P vs J and so far you have been very Fe which is a J. It also usually predicts Te or Ni since those are types which tend to be very much focused on a specific outcome and won't like giving the reins to someone else.

Definitely driving in the car with my friends, taking in the scenery, the music is souring through the air and were singing at the top of our lungs. We joke around and time kind seems to stop. I wish I could go back there.
S.

Hands-on, my memory isn't the best hahahaha. Although I can theorize things too I prefer hands-on
Preference of hands-on is S though I usually think of it as Se. This is strong evidence you are not Ni.

Not very organized at all. My room hasn't been clean for more than two days in my entire life.
I honestly have never had any consistency with this question.

If someone was to give me a new idea I would be pretty open to it, just cause I want to know what would happen. I kinda look at it as a whole. Like if someone were to give me a blueprint I would look at the invention and what it could do for myself and my friends rather than look at how it's made.
F

In a group, I usually stick close and try to be active in the conversation. But if I see someone on the sidelines I will go and talk to them cause I know what it's like to be on the outskirts.
This is an Fe question.

I speak before thinking sometimes and end up feeling terrible about it, for sure. I don't really have a preference, btu you can definitely get to know people better one on one
Unsure

I leap right away, Although depending on the situation I do think of the possibilities that may come if I do the jump. Actions do speak louder than words, but sometimes it depends on the person.
Again kind of back and forth.

Generally Fe

I lock myself away from the world and listen to music until it's time to put my pants on and try nto to worry. cause worry gets you nowhere, to be honest.
So these questions either have a "grip" answer or a shadow functions answer depending the level of stress or what causes it. If you are ExFJ then you would have a Ti grip. I don't put a lot of faith in this, but you can look that up if you really are interested.

Definitely, if they are manipulative. I can deal with rude people because sometimes people have their reasons but the second you start using people and throw them away or only care about getting attention and nothing else we will not vibe.
F

I love getting anyone's thoughts on an idea or a Tv show. I just think its fun to see if they think it would be better,and how?
Cleaning, for sure.
I think about 90% of people say this tbh.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friend perceives me as loud, funny, and a lot to handle at times. While Some people perceive me as shy, yielding, scared. I'm not shy I just don't wanna ruin anything or make people dislike me.
ExFJ

An outing with my friends, I hate being at home. I don't care where we go just somewhere.
Fe

I would say the case for you being ESFJ is much stronger now than just my initial guess of the tiny bit you led with. I can nearly guarantee you are Fe. You are so Fe you vaguely even recognize yourself at parts of the questionnaire. Leading Fe would mean ESFJ or ENFJ and auxiliary Fe would be ISFJ and INFJ, but you describe yourself as loud I think like 3 times in just this questionnaire so I take it you aren't an I.

What you will notice is types have overlap and that ENFJ and ESFJ have a ton of overlap being they are both leading with Fe which is a judging function which will be extremely obvious and prevalent. Your supporting function will be Si and Ni and those are harder to type because a lot of times people come at it like you did where Si is the boring one and Ni is the insightful one with all the creativity or whatever. I think the case for you being Si is much stronger than Ni.

Ni are goal and vision oriented. I don't think at any point in your thing did you say you need control over anything. In fact, you seem to relinquish control a lot. Ni will take in lots of info and use it to reach a certain endpoint or certain predicted outcome.

The case for S is everything you mention is everyday stuff. You say you aren't into the ordinary life stuff but I don't think at any point you even mentioned anything conceptually high level or hinted at it.

No it isn't stop spreading blatant misinformation. ENFP is very consistently described as outgoing. The MBTI Manual says for personality "Enthusiastic, outgoing, spontaneous, changeable, impulsive".

·
Registered
129 Posts
I will right my thinking in the quote. I would like to say even though I said ENFP I am going to read this questionnaire as if I am reading you answers for the first time. I will explain the best I can let me know what you think once it is done.

This is funny because technically XNFJ is the shadow of XNFP.

Ok so that is Ne and probably Fi but maybe Fe. Adventure and connection when it comes to knowledge is either a Se or Ne trait. Connecting to people and spending time with them is extroverted, but not necessary Fe, in fact it seems more like Ne but it depends on what you are talking about.

This could be anything, but I think the way you mention ideas is an Ne thing because you mention the ideas and spreading it. I know that is kind of stereotypical but Ne's do that more than Se becuase Ne is about ideas while Se is more about what is and then Ni connects the dots usually to one conclusion. Internally feeling a way is Fi.

Sounds like high Fi it just is a negative reaction from others. It also sounds like an internal evaluations versus external social values so Fi not Fe, but could be wrong.

Sounds like Ne seeing multiple possibilities but then an F function could be Fi or Fe. Sounds more like Fe, but hard to say.

Sounds like an F thing period but could be T. It is hard to say when it comes on character arcs it could be anything. Sounds more like Fi because it is probably based on internal decisions of the characters, but again it depends. The every outcome is kind of low Te and high Ne.

Sounds like Se, but could be Ne but hard to say.

Hands on is more of a Se idea but it could be Si. Theorize in general is more N in general.

Ok I have had theories on this. I believe this is a S and N thing. I think N in general tend to be very messy especially Ne. Se can be messy too though and Ni can be organized, but Si tends to be way more organized externally.

Ne focused on possibilities and tend to stereotypical be very curios. Your decision is defiantly a form of F, could be some Te.

Sounds like an Fi and Te versus Fe and Ti.

Probably Ne could be Se, but extremely high Nes will wing conversations a ton. That being said I wouldnt say Ne speaks before thinking as much as they think so quickly that they will think right before they speak. That could be very wrong though, if so sorry. The one on one sounds like an Fi response.

Ne or Se with the leap right away. Thinking of possibilities is an intuition specifically Ne because you are thinking of what could happen versus what will happen.

Anyone could just say this is extroversion, but that is a bad assumption. I think you are probably an E but that is not because of this single minded question.

Interesting sounds like a sensory and F response. Now the sensory is going to be an S maybe Se so it would mean you would be anti S and more likely anti Se.

Sounds like you do not like high Te or high Ni with Te or Fe. Now it could be other things, but it depends on the type of manipulation, because every function could honestly manipulate.

Sounds like a discussion focused on Ne and Fi or Ti. The Ti and Fi would stem off the Ne.

Cleaning, for sure.

Anti S in general really, but again depends because I know dominant Si, Ni, Ne, and Se that are very messy. I think the theory is Se is more of not carrying about organization while Ne and Ni focus internally even Ne is based on thoughts versus the real world structure.

Fi and Ne are seen a ton in this in my opinion. Loud and Funny is more of Ne I guess mixed with Fi humour, but the second part is all internal emotion based on your feelings. Again it does depend I am just assuming based off what I am saying.

Ne or Se for sure. Reminds me of Ferris Bueller in a way. But yes this is an extroverted function based on the real world vs an extroverted function based on the community.

Sounds like ENFP to me, but maybe I am wrong. Nothing here suggest ESFJ to me I see little Fe and very low Si. Seems like high Ne, but I think ESFP and INFP should be considered.

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
723 Posts
No it isn't stop spreading blatant misinformation. ENFP is very consistently described as outgoing. The MBTI Manual says for personality "Enthusiastic, outgoing, spontaneous, changeable, impulsive".
Ohhh yes yes you're right. Might be a stereotype I personally related to because I'm an ambivert hahaha!

Sounds like ENFP to me, but maybe I am wrong. Nothing here suggest ESFJ to me I see little Fe and very low Si. Seems like high Ne, but I think ESFP and INFP should be considered.
I totally agree

·
Registered
ENFP 2w3 sp/so
723 Posts
Interesting that almost exactly like when I was a kid hahaha. I was reading a little more about ENFP and think it fits me pretty well aside from the obviously wrong stereotypes of being Manic Pixie dream girls that spew rainbows and kittens. I think the functions make sense for me too, and being intuitive is kinda what I always thought I was. It actually nice to find another person that is relatable and turns out to have the same personality type as you.
Yaaaaay hahaha highfive! And yeah stereotypes don't make sense, not all ENFPs are happy-go-lucky.
Being able find others you can relate to is such a nice feeling indeed, this is why MBTI is fun to dive into!

Reactions: Posie_girl90

·
Registered
Enfp 7w8 ;p
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First of all I just wanna say thank you for like all this help you guys are giving me! I really appreciate it!
Okay so, I've read up on all of the types you've given me to look at. And I do have a few things to say. I've looked into Esfj and I personally just don't feel like one, the description and the characteristics just weren't me. I know a few Esfj and three are actually in my family, although they all act different because they are different people, they have the same way of looking at things and I personally just don't fall into that category. Compared to my Esfj family, I am really different, and we don't hold the same values about life.
For infp, a lot of people say they think I'm an infp just because I can come across as really shy at times. But reading into the type and I have no idea if this is true but they say Infps thrive in there inner world. And as much as I love being In my mind and coming up with stories I would not say I thrive there. I have a need to be around people and the physical world. I hate to be kept inside even if it's my brain. But that's just based off something I read so who knows hahahaha
As for esfp I really don't know much about it to really say I'm it or not.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ne: People with dominant Extroverted Intuition (Ne) have an infinite number of ideas and suggestions on how to make the future better.
They can see several possible futures.
When you want to do brainstorming, you need someone with a dominant Ne function. Their minds will shoot out new ideas faster than most people can absorb them. It's like a rapid fire machine gun but instead of bullets its new ideas for the future.

Those with dominant Ne are big picture people. They don't enjoy the details, but will handle them when necessary.

Dominant Ne's can see trends and patterns. They are especially good as seeing how things, events and people are connected. They can see the meaning behind people's actions.

People with a dominant Ne function tend to be very articulate speakers who can speak quickly, fluidly and with ease. When speaking, ideas come easily to them and they rapidly turn those into words, whole sentences and complete stories.

If Ne is your dominant function, please realize that not everyone is going to be like you. But you probably already know that. In fact there are certain personality types that are just going to make you crazy. But that's another subject. - Extraverted Intuiting (Ne) Explained - One of Your Eight Cognitive Functions.

Parts in the questionnaire that I saw as Ne
  • “I yearn for like Adventure and connection with people. I really love being connected to people and spending time with them talking about everything or nothing at all.”
  • “I see everything around me and my head is clear, so all my ideas come to life.”
  • “If someone was to give me a new idea I would be pretty open to it, just cause I want to know what would happen.”
  • “I leap right away, Although depending on the situation I do think of the possibilities that may come if I do the jump.”
  • “I love getting anyone's thoughts on an idea or a Tv show. I just think its fun to see if they think it would be better,and how?“
  • “My friend perceives me as loud, funny, and a lot to handle at times.”
  • “You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    An outing with my friends, I hate being at home. I don't care where we go just somewhere.(This one isn’t necessarily Ne, but I find Ne dominant users tend to feel this way especially if it means leaving the normal environment and going someplace new.)”
That is what I saw that was Ne. I also saw some answers that were anti Si and Se meaning that the dominant was probably an N function. If that is too hard to tell then maybe I was reaching but I thought it was definitely obvious there was Ne in the questionnaire.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts