Personality Cafe banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
INTJ
293 Posts
Parts in the questionnaire that I saw as Ne
  • “I yearn for like Adventure and connection with people. I really love being connected to people and spending time with them talking about everything or nothing at all.”
Not anything you said or really quoted someone as saying what Ne is like. Prioritizing connecting with others is Fe. Unless you see anyone that ever talks of doing anything ever as seeing a possibility and that makes them N.

• “I see everything around me and my head is clear, so all my ideas come to life.”
Again this is an extreme stretch.

• “If someone was to give me a new idea I would be pretty open to it, just cause I want to know what would happen.”
Is literally everyone that says "I would be open to a new idea" N? Most people are going to say this yet N should make up maybe 25-30% of the population.

• “I leap right away, Although depending on the situation I do think of the possibilities that may come if I do the jump.”
The actual full context of this is more along the lines of 'maybe sometimes maybe I leap but depends idk' so it isn't exactly a good indicator of anything.

• “I love getting anyone's thoughts on an idea or a Tv show. I just think its fun to see if they think it would be better,and how?“
This is not telling of anything.

• “My friend perceives me as loud, funny, and a lot to handle at times.”
This is just E.

• “You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
    An outing with my friends, I hate being at home. I don't care where we go just somewhere.(This one isn’t necessarily Ne, but I find Ne dominant users tend to feel this way especially if it means leaving the normal environment and going someplace new.)”
This can be explained as any of the extroverted functions.

That is what I saw that was Ne. I also saw some answers that were anti Si and Se meaning that the dominant was probably an N function. If that is too hard to tell then maybe I was reaching but I thought it was definitely obvious there was Ne in the questionnaire.
The evidence is either extremely light or basically Forer Effect which makes me guess it is not exactly the leading function. This is also how online tests always report everyone as being an N because they ask if you have a vague sense or curiosity, possibly an imagination, and would be open to a new idea. When the chips are on the table and you get a favorite experience and how they actually operate in the world and it is 'I have this very sensation heavy experience with friends' and 'hands on but I mean I guess I can theorize sure', it really puts very strong doubts on being an Ne dominant.

·
Registered
15,259 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?
Just looking at the functions I find it kind of hard to determine which ones apply to me and which ones don't, cause I can see a little bit of me in each one of them. Also, a lot of my friends really like MBTI so if I told them "I'm an ENFJ" for example they would say I'm nothing like that type. And I've just had a lot of people try to type me, some will say I'm definitely an extrovert and some that I'm an introvert so it just gets really confusing.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?
I yearn for like Adventure and connection with people. I really love being connected to people and spending time with them talking about everything or nothing at all.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.
At my most authentic I'm really loud and excitable. I see everything around me and my head is clear, so all my ideas come to life. I just feel warm and sunny, if that makes sense.

4) What makes you feel inferior?
When I'm too much like myself. Don't get me wrong it's really important to me that I am myself, because I love being myself. But when I was a little girl people always kind of said I was too loud, too crazy, and very dramatic, and that makes me a little warry to be myself because I don't wanna turn people away, because I wanna be connected to them.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)
It's really hard for me to make decisions because I might wanna do one thing, but I also want my friends to be happy, and most of the time I just pick one impulsively.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?
When I'm working on my writing, for example, I emphasize the characters and their journey and I kind of see where it takes me. In real life, I don't need to have control of every outcome, although I do have wishes of what those outcomes will be in situations.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?
Definitely driving in the car with my friends, taking in the scenery, the music is souring through the air and were singing at the top of our lungs. We joke around and time kind seems to stop. I wish I could go back there.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)
Hands-on, my memory isn't the best hahahaha. Although I can theorize things too I prefer hands-on

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?
Not very organized at all. My room hasn't been clean for more than two days in my entire life.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?
If someone was to give me a new idea I would be pretty open to it, just cause I want to know what would happen. I kinda look at it as a whole. Like if someone were to give me a blueprint I would look at the invention and what it could do for myself and my friends rather than look at how it's made.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?
In a group, I usually stick close and try to be active in the conversation. But if I see someone on the sidelines I will go and talk to them cause I know what it's like to be on the outskirts.

12) Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?
I speak before thinking sometimes and end up feeling terrible about it, for sure. I don't really have a preference, btu you can definitely get to know people better one on one

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?
I leap right away, Although depending on the situation I do think of the possibilities that may come if I do the jump. Actions do speak louder than words, but sometimes it depends on the person.

14) It's Saturday. You're at home, and your favorite show is about to start. Your friends call you for a night out. What will you do?
See what my friends are doing, I can always watch the show later.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?
I lock myself away from the world and listen to music until it's time to put my pants on and try nto to worry. cause worry gets you nowhere, to be honest.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?
Definitely, if they are manipulative. I can deal with rude people because sometimes people have their reasons but the second you start using people and throw them away or only care about getting attention and nothing else we will not vibe.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?
I love getting anyone's thoughts on an idea or a Tv show. I just think its fun to see if they think it would be better,and how?

18) What kind of things do you pay the least attention to in your life?
Cleaning, for sure.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? What would your friends never say about your personality?
My friend perceives me as loud, funny, and a lot to handle at times. While Some people perceive me as shy, yielding, scared. I'm not shy I just don't wanna ruin anything or make people dislike me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?
An outing with my friends, I hate being at home. I don't care where we go just somewhere.

1. Not type related / but your including of what other people said and seeking it from others to type you makes me think Fe . Due to group opinions
2. Extroversion
3. Extroversion
4. Fe - not wanting to turn people away hence nit showing your true self entirely
5. Definite Fe - you’re prioritizing groups decision over your own
7. Fe-Si - you’re within a group having fun and soaking in your senses ( taking in sceneries - listening to music - with friends )
8. Sensor
9. Not being clean doesn’t mean disorganized- you’ve mentioned knowing where everything is despite the mess - as an Ne dom even when it’s clean I misplace my phone /keys - forget where I left my notebook last only to find out that it’s in my hands
10. Feelings - leaning towards fe- again you’re including groups of people
11. feelings in a dom position
12. Extrovert
13. Extroversion
14. Extroversion
15. Ne
16. Common dislike - not type related
17. Not type related but I’ll go with perceiving
18. Perceiving
19. People pleasing— Strong F
20. Hate being at home - out with friends - again extroversion- most likely Fe

My guess esfj - although esfp is a possibility

You’ve mentioned group interaction and your friends a lot throughout your post , along with the fact that you fear not being liked by others . It looks like your focus is on harmony and other people more so than individuality or center focus . You’ve mentioned not having a preference on one on one conversation over group discussions - so it’s unlikely you’re an intuitive dom - or enfp - since the type doesn’t do si well or feel too comfortable when it comes to group discussions nor are they group oriented.

Esfp is a possibility- depending on your age - since the type enjoys going out and exploring new things that heighten or engages their 5 senses externally.

I suggest reading how the functions plays out more so than the stereotypical description of the type .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would agree with ESFJ typings(others have explained it better than I could anyways), explanations I had in mind were already covered here, but you can have my opinion.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts