Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to find my tritype for months now. I'm guessing I am of the 478 (if not 479) tritype but I don't know the arrangement. Help? How do I figure out the wings? I am also ENTP sx/sp, if that helps.

Prerequisites

What age range are you in?
25-30

Any disorders or conditions we should know about?
Delusions, but I keep them to myself.

Main Questions

1. What do you think your life is about? What drives you in life? This can be something like a goal or a purpose, or anything else that comes to mind.
I see my life as a collection of experiences, adventures, insights, and interesting encounters with people. I live for outdoor activities, hobbies, creative pursuits, and mental thrills. My biggest drive is to make art to shock, amuse, expand, or empower other people. Goals include transcending the human experience, publishing novels, and living a minimalist, nomadic lifestyle.

2. What were you like as a kid?
I was obsessed with wanting to know and experience everything first-hand. I was a bookworm, also multi-talented and had multiple hobbies. My favorite parts were physical: biking, rollerblading, exploring streets and abandoned places, striking chaos with my little friends.

3. Describe your relationship with your parents. Does anything stand out about the way you interacted?
Unattached, unguided, vague.

4. What values are important to you? What do you hope to avoid doing or being?
Freedom, creativity, open-mindedness, independence, intelligence, self-sufficiency, individuality, responsibility, tolerance, respect, humility, good humor. I don't do things I'm forced to do. I listen heavily to my gut and I always feel like I'm betraying myself when I don't follow it.

5. Aside from phobias, are there any fears that characterized your childhood? Have they continued into the present day, or not, and if not, how have you dealt with them?
I fear darkness and heights. I sleep with the lights on when alone, and I deal with heights by mountain climbing. I also don't watch horror or violent movies not because I can't take them, but because they give me nightmares.

6. a.) How do you see yourself?
At the moment: a powerhouse of ideas and creativity but is conflicted about how to harness and channel them.

b.) How do you want others to see you?
I'm not sure. Different groups of people see different sides of me. Generally people see me as tough, individualistic, cerebral, reliable, and fun to be with.

c.) What do you dislike the most in other people?
Superficiality, arrogance, inefficiency.

7. Which habit do you most automatically act on? Rank the following habits from most to least automatic, on a scale of 1 (most) to 3 (least).
a.) Work for personal gain with more concern for self than for others (2)
b.) Strive for a sense of tranquility in yourself and the world around you (3)
c.) Decide what is right for the betterment of something or someone else (1)

8. Where does the wandering mind take you? What provokes this?
My mind takes me to philosophizing about everything, solving stuff in various levels of complexity and simplicity, writing concrete sensory details in my head, plotting things to do, or where to go this weekend.

9. What makes you feel your best? What makes you feel your worst?
Being with people I love and doing things I love doing in accordance to my grand masterplans. The worst is just the opposite, being in situations where I don't want to be. I think of the latter mostly as a waste of time.

10. Let's talk about emotions. Explain what might make you feel the following, how they feel to you or how you react to the emotion:

a.) anger - Is a good indicator you've pissed someone colossally. When people invade my space or my boundaries I openly express anger. I sometimes have rage and revenge issues.

b.) shame - I could be quite shameless in being myself. I tend to think that people who usually feel shame have little confidence in themselves.

c.) anxiety -
Plan A: I let it run its own course and drive me to paranoia.
Plan B: Confide in a friend or write.
Plan C: Guzzle liquor and sleep.

11. Describe how you respond to the following:
a.) stress - I withdraw and sleep, drink with friends, or travel -- or do all of these in one weekend

b.) negative unexpected change - I'm quick to adapt and change plans as spontaneously as my environment changes

c.) conflict - I figure my level of attachment to it, feel it, think it over, then solve it. If this doesn't work, I postpone it and just move on to other things. Most often conflicts automatically solve themselves for me. My mind is a natural problem solving machine.

12. a.) What kind of role are you naturally inclined to take in a group? Why?
Depends. I lead only as a last resort, when people have no idea what to do. Otherwise, I stay on the sidelines as an adviser.

b.) If put in power, how do you behave? Why?
Humble yet assertive, unassuming, magnanimous. Power is pointless if you don't know how to use it for the good.

c.) Do you tend to struggle with others who have authority over you? Why?
Yes. I prefer to have free reign of all my thoughts, feelings, and actions. I only follow authority if I respect it and have surrendered myself to it. Otherwise, don't touch me.

13. What do you see or notice in others that most people don't?
I am quick to size people up and understand their psychology without having to resort to the boxes of personality types. I also tend to take note of mannerisms and little details. I seem to absorb people's characters easily.

14. Comment on your relationship with trust.
Normally takes me at least 5 years to completely trust someone. I am quick to trust anyone on a superficial level.

15. Briefly: What religious and/or political beliefs do you have? Do you think they influenced your responses in this questionnaire?
I have none. I am open to all of them as circumstances see fit. They are all made-up systems anyhow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts